EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Programmer and the Engineer

Games, contests and jokes. Have fun!

Moderators: Vega, EC

The Programmer and the Engineer

Postby yuanzheng » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:59 pm

A Programmer and an Engineer were sitting next to each other on an airplane. The Programmer leans over to the Engineer and asks if he wants to play a fun game. The Engineer just wants to sleep so he politely declines, turns away and tries to sleep. The Programmer persists and explains that it's a real easy game. He explains, "I ask a question and if you don't know the answer you pay me $5. Then you ask a question and if I don't know the answer I'll pay you $5." Again the Engineer politely declines and tries to sleep.

The Programmer, now somewhat agitated, says, "O.K., if you don't know the answer you pay me $5 and if I don't know the answer I pay you $50! " Now, that got the Engineer's attention, so he agrees to the game. The Programmer asks the first question, "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" Then Engineer doesn't say a word and just hands the Programmer $5.

Now, its the Engineer's turn. He asks the Programmer, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down on four?" The Programmer looks at him with a puzzled look, takes out his laptop computer, looks through all his references and after about an hour wakes the Engineer and hands the Engineer $50. The Engineer politely takes the $50 turns away and tries to return to sleep.

The Programmer, a little miffed, asks, "Well what's the answer to the question?" Without a word, the Engineer reaches into his wallet, hands $5 to the Programmer, turns away and returns to sleep.
love peace ,love life
yuanzheng

Postby Dixie » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:01 pm

Hahahhahaha :lol: I knew that one but with different characters... a blonde and a lawyer, I think :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby tigory » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:48 pm

hahahahah I would have done the same hahahahaha
a man with no dreams is not a man
tigory
Silver Member

Postby Asep » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:08 pm

The programmer got trapped by his own scheme. :)
Asep
Gold Member

Re: The Programmer and the Engineer

Postby sweethuman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 am

:lol:
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Timberlake » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 am

Awesome man....
Timberlake

Postby Tofayelbd » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Generally engineers are talented.
Tofayelbd

Postby magicbeans » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

The main difference between programmer and engineer is that programmer play a most important role or handles coding module of project but engineer may be any field software engineer,testing engineer etc,
magicbeans

Return to Entertainment