EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Teaching sex education and religion in school?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Teaching sex education and religion in school?

Postby sweethuman » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:06 am

Your are right elisa.
As far as the matter of education is concerned, we all better accept that Sex is a general fact, and it is with every human, not one or two. So it is better be aware of it, particularly while entering to the newly adult age. We will know about it whether earlier or later so it is better to be aware of it and know all aspects in this respect
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby cruimel » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:27 pm

teaching sex education- is very difficult subject , because there will be maybe special way to do it.I had sex education before in my school, but some of the girl's became pregnant anyway, so...it didn't help.
cruimel

Postby ishtiaqmetho » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:49 pm

i am from Pakistan, in my country there is complete ban on sex education in schools and colleges. therefore mostly girls have not awareness about sex so they not care during sex and feel pregnancy after few months. this was great loss for their health as well as their reputation in society.
there may be must sex education in colleges and universities
ishtiaqmetho

Postby hilaryprk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:13 am

I assert that school should provide sex education, which would help young people build a desirable image of sex, form an advisable attitude towards sex, and furthermore reduce the risk of unplanned teenager-pregnancies. Because I claim that education should be realistic and applicable to our lives, it should cover our current social problems such as sex abuse. Education is especially important to provide young people with accurate information about sex and to protect them from the flood of distorted information in the process of establishing the concrete foundation of safety.

However, I don't think that the school education will fix all the current problems related to sex abuse and crimes and protect all the potential victims and even criminals. Still, it will at least give young people opportunities to encounter the accurate information and to build morality and perspectives on sex. Furthermore, it will contribute to developing their ability to make decisions over their entire lifetime.
hilaryprk

Postby justaboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:24 pm

i disagree with the idea which say "Teaching sew education and religion in school"
why :?: because we don't need something like this , I will put questions : how we come to this world ? did my parents teached how to make love ?
the answer is clear .
whene you will answer to this questions you will understand what i mean .
justaboy

Postby Trantrung » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:01 pm

justaboy wrote:i disagree with the idea which say "Teaching sew education and religion in school"
why :?: because we don't need something like this , I will put questions : how we come to this world ? did my parents teached how to make love ?
the answer is clear .
whene you will answer to this questions you will understand what i mean .

Make love to give a baby and make love to relax are different.
Trantrung
Silver Member

Postby tandvictor » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 am

NO problem!!!!
tandvictor

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion