EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby melancrow » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:07 am

Hi Behnam,

So you can see we are not the same!
Not only the words, but also the way man speaks has its own meaning. The ways can be so different that it may lead to some misunderstanding. In a live talk we use much more powrful and effective tool - body language, which is mimicry, gesture, eye expression, pose, tone of voice, etc. When we write, we use very poor, limited set - set of words. Don't overestimate word - it is a perfect instrument to confuse and decieve, but it very seldom let people come to agreement and understanding.

Must go. Continue later.

Andrew
melancrow

Postby Mohsen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Dear Behnam,

We, Andrew and me discussed about role of gold among the people. A gold sometimes is a piece of love and sometime it is a chain (obstacle). You know that when people marry, they wear gold rings, They love each other while they loss their freedom . off course it is not true for every body. What do you think ,does the gold confines people ?

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby behnam » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:01 am

Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for explanation.

Gold is considered as one of the valuable metals in the world. I personally don't know why it is valuable. How is it valued? Who has valued it? Is there something special in gold?

Well, as far as technology is concerned, gold is used in coating some electronic and optoelectronic elements.

From medical science point's of view, gold is harmful to men.However, it is beneficial to women's health to wear gold jewelry.

Although-as I mentioned-gold has some advantages, its value isn't because of those properties. I guess its value comes from an agreement among countries. How do you think?

About your question, concerning the confines gold brings to men, I appreciate your view, but I believe in something more than limitation which gold imposes on poor men! I'd like not to sound pessimistic or be against women's rights, but in my opinion-IN IRAN-gold has brought a new shape of slavery! In this strange phenomenon, men are slaves and women are their owners. You'd understand what I mean if you think for the answer of this question:

Let's assume that there are unhappy modern spouses(a husband and a wife belong to new generation I mean). For some unknown reasons,they are always fighting with each other. The question is this: In order to get rid of her, is it easy(beneficial) for men either to kill his wife or divorce her? Consider paying her rights according to Islamic-Iranian laws and rules! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm in a hurry, have to leave.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 February, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Without dreams we are dead!!!

Postby Elham » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 am

Hi dear Amal,

Today I'm going to ask questions I had never asked you before!

I want you to write about your dreams! What were your childhood dreams? How would you see your future when you were a child ? How many of your wishes in life has come true? How close this Amal,now, is to Amal you expected yourself to be?

Which event of your life has been the most effective one and has caused noticable diffrences in your life or personality?

And what are your current dreams and wishes? How is your ideal life and personality?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you on this topic.....

Best wishes,
Elham

P.S. I would appreciate other friend's opinions and answers.I'd love to hear about your old and new dreams*
Elham
Gold Member

It's raining!!!!!!!!

Postby [amal] » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:16 am

Hi Elham,

How are you?

Thanks for this interesting topic. In fact, I was very busy thinking iabout it and didn't realize that it's RAINING outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know how much I love rain, so now I am busy with watching it. Therefore, please Elham, forgive me I will delay writing about my dreams cause I am watching one right now. ;-) :-) The rain, Kasun mountain and Fauruz songs, What a wonderful view and a wounderful moment!

I promise to write sooooon.
Take care
Bye
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:50 am

Hi my friends,

This is just to let you know that there is something wrong with my account 'you.believeme@yahoo.com'. I have to get online with a new account. My new account is 'behnamyou@yahoo.com' Please add my new account in your list.

I appreciate it if I could chat with you.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 February, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Amoure » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi.
Amoure

Postby Amoure » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Behnam;
YOU became dangerous! why a tiger!!?
Amoure

Postby Mohsen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi Behnam,
Gold is a rare metal ,gold is beautiful ,it is burnished and it color has stability . So its quality cause women wear it round- the- clock.
Many people like gold because of its value not its beautifulness . I don’t know why Gold has no attraction for me , May be there is something wrong in my body system. A detector or a probe does not work well, I need a transplant surgery.

I don’t know how Gold cause slavery for men , what do you mean by your question? Well in the Gold history ,for many years there were black slaves who works in South Africa for their English white master ,and they plunder the South Africa Mines like what happen for Black Gold in middle East .

Behnam , How it is beneficial to kill a wife. You know that if person kills his wife ,he will be executed , what is your plot ?

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby behnam » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 am

Hi Mohsen,

Sorry to make you confused. As you know, in our country, when a husband divorces his wife, he must give her some money or some gold etc. depends on what is written in the document of the marriage in registry office. In Farsi we call it 'mehrieh'.

These days-IN IRAN- it is common for boys and girls to have this dialog between each other when getting married:

G: Honey, you must consider my dowry 1000 gold coins in the document of marriage if you'd like me to say a loud 'YES' in registry office.

B: Darling, it doesn't matter. I love you very much.(This love doesn't come from his heart or mind. In fact other part of his body rules him on those days).

Anyway, they get married. After some months or some years they find life boring. They may start fighting with each other. Finally, they decide to get divorced. They go to the court and open a file. After some meetings in the court, the man(he was a boy before) finds out that he must give 1000 gold coins to his wife! 1000 coins? Yes, about one million US dollars!!! Really? Yes?

A brave man would pay one hundred thousand US dollars if he could kill his wife and offer evidence to the court that it had been by accident not on purpose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, in Iran, there is a modern form of slavery. Men are slaves, and women are their owners. Men are slaves, because they are heavily in debt. Women are their owners, because men owe them a lot of money actually!

Dear Mohsen, if you think you are an exception, so you aren't a slave, just look at the marriage document and see how much the dowry of your wife is written there and you have signed the bottom of the page happily! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 2 February, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion