EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you think there is pure friendship between men and women?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: Do you think there is pure friendship between men and women?

Postby Najlooolah » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:12 pm

SuMoNe wrote:well to me i find it possible to have this kind of friendship coz i already have, but i guess in my own country it's hard for some ppl to believe in that or at least keep it for along time, that's y the relationship usually shifts to deal with other issues such as love, sex..etc ending to the break up in some cases.

yeah true ,

when friendship takes another way " love , sex etc '

we can't say it's pure ,aren't we ?
Najlooolah
Silver Member

Postby SuMoNe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Najlooolah wrote:
SuMoNe wrote:well to me i find it possible to have this kind of friendship coz i already have, but i guess in my own country it's hard for some ppl to believe in that or at least keep it for along time, that's y the relationship usually shifts to deal with other issues such as love, sex..etc ending to the break up in some cases.

yeah true ,

when friendship takes another way " love , sex etc '

we can't say it's pure ,aren't we ?

Nope, not anymore :-( ..& it's gonna b hard 2 fix it up
SuMoNe
Silver Member

Postby lyphan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm a woman. Most of my close friends are men. And I really find no difficulty to get on well with them.
A pure friendship between a man and a woman is quite common, i think there are no problem if we identify and do our best to maintain it.
lyphan
Silver Member

Postby olgav » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm

yes, I truly think that a real friendship might exist between a man and a woman. Why not?
sometimes it's easier to trust a person of the opposite sex and you can find a different approach to deal with subjects.
In my opinion true friendship doesn't distinguish sexes but feelings.
olgav

Re: Do you think there is pure friendship between men and wo

Postby sweethuman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:03 am

I dont think so if there can be good friendship between a man and a woman. As if you leave them alone in a room the only point you will be attracted to is that (...). So that friendship doesnt mean alot, if it is only for a purpose.
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Elisa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:31 am

Yes, I think it can exist and when it happens is better than between people of the same sex.
Elisa
Gold Member

Postby adle » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 am

that's a hard one, i have really good male friends that i must admit i considered dating more than once. when you find someone who clicks with you so well to be a close friend of the opposite sex its hard not to be attracted. i guess it all depends on how far one will take the attraction and weigh what is more important.

maybe such a platonic relationship does exist but just based on my own experience, its a feat.
adle

Postby allison » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Xavia wrote:Do you think there is pure friendship between men and women?
Tell us your opinion. Thanks.

I wish I am a man then I could answer this, but I can share my opinion.

Nothing is impossible in this world. I guess the conflict between men and women started from the old teachings of our forefathers. The battle between a man and a woman is very obvious even at present... other people forgot to consider that people who belong to the same gender has it's own battle too and possibly be using the opposite sex as a front to win their own fight. If this is not corrected I guess pure friendship is impossible... but time is changing men and women alike is becoming more literate now. They are learning how to judge by their own and freeing themselves from the cell of the old tips or counsel... I guess, it's not impossible... there are lucky ones whom I believe found themselves in this kind of friendship.
Good luck!
allison
Silver Member

Postby Lucia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:18 am

I think it is a feat to have a friendship with a person of the opposite sex. I haven't experienced it...it is too hard. A friend is not a colleage that's why this is a short way to love.
Lucia
Silver Member

Postby Tofayelbd » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Naturally men and woman feel attraction each other, but pure friendship are rare. Mostly we are attract each other for our physical requirement.
Tofayelbd

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions