Have you tasted some Filipino foods before?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

mitchelsy

Have you tasted some Filipino foods before?

Post by mitchelsy »

:roll: Hello everyone! Have you tasted some Filipino foods before? Which of them did you like most? Here are two of my list... :roll:

Cardillo

Ingredients:

1 pound fish
2 tablespoons lard
1/2 cup water
salt to taste
1 vlove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup sliced onion
1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
2 eggs

Procedure:

Clean the fish, cut into serving pieces, salt to taste and fry in lard until golden brown. Remove from pan and fry the garlic in the remaining lard. When golden brown add the onion and tomatotoes and salt to taste. When tomato is cooked add the water and simmer from 3-5 minutes. Drop the fried fish into the mixture, remove from heat and add well beaten eggs. Serve hot.

Adobo Pork

Ingredients:

1 kilo pork, cut into pieces about 2 inches long and 1-1/2 inches thick
1 head garlic, pounded
4 teaspoons salt or toyo to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 tablespoon lard
1/2 cup vinegar (native)

Procedure:

Place the pork in a saucepan. Add vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt or toyo and water. Cover the saucepan and cook slowly until the meat is tender and most of the broth has evaporated and only 1/4 cup remains.Drain, separate the pieces of garlic from the pork and fry until brown. Add the broth and let simmer about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Have you tasted some Filipino foods before?

Post by sweethuman »

Never
cleanwaters

Re: Have you tasted some Filipino foods before?

Post by cleanwaters »

Hi, I have tasted Filipino food. Especially at Cebu City, I have tasted the whole body of pork. They put the body of a pig in a very long bamboo, and they turned it right and left until it became very brown. I have tasted the skin and bite it, it was delicious and crispy. I wish to be back there someday :)