EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Postby cjlarrain » Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Since we are creatures, prior to any "right to something" we are people of duties. Our first duty is to thank God for our creation, for our birth in this world. Otherwise we are falling in a "non serviam" attitude. Then, secondly, we ought to express love to our parents that brought us to life. But, make no mistake, God leaves us in absolute freedom to do anything in the course of our lives. God is so respectful for what we chosen to do even if it's wrong. God won't intervene, but he 's showed the right path and the Truth we have to seek. We are free to change this world for better. God with "his" silence, respect our determination to select the path we want.Even if you don't believe in Him, it 's your option. Famine, disease, poverty, corruption are in this world since ancient times to show us that doing something, taking action about it, is a must, now. Life is short. God won't intercept any bullet fired directly from a terrorist to your kid´s head. If He intervened, then life would be unbereable. WE have to remove poverty, corruption, etc.Not God. Take action: poverty and eveil is ritgh next door. We have to ask Him for help to show us the right path. He will answer, no doubt, but no when we want. I think He responds when there's a real need at the right time. He likes when we ask for something we do need, thus, removing our arrogance.
cjlarrain

Postby Ryohei » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:58 am

It is unavoidable even if it advocates an impracticable theory.
I think that it does not understand unless it becomes, when such a thing must be chosen as a person in question, a family, or an intimate person.
It is because the mental condition at that time is very much related although judged.
Ryohei

Postby naqvi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 am

born in this world is not our choice so in the same way ,it's not our choice to die..:)
naqvi

Postby oliwells » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:17 am

Death comes in people at least we didn't expect. Just like life is unpredictable so as death.
oliwells

Postby reindeer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,

I believe it's not correct to discuss rightfulness of making a decision to leave this world.
It is most likely that every person who wants to die has no doubts in rightfulness of his/her own decision. And, it is not our business to bless or condemn such a person.

Yet, we can judge about rightfulness of creating legal framework for the situation. However, this discussion must be one of the hottest topics at all times. Also, whenever you mention God or divine providence, don't forget that there is still some people who doesn't accept the concept of divine providence and doesn't believe in God at all.

So, taking into consideration the above, don't you think that all the disputes on the subject are absulutely useless?
Suppose, you have succeeded in recruiting someone to your belief. Are you sure that the preacher of another belief, at the same time, haven't succeded either? Are you sure that everyone can be recruited, well, convinced at all? Ask yourself, how often you changed your opinion on the basic postulates of life.
Look, I have some life experience. Nevertheless, I still didn't come to awareness about the necessity of legalisation of euthanasia. And I don't think that anyone can persuade me, either.
It's a controversial topic. And controversial topics are given to imrove our skills in rethoric , not to come to agreement.
Do you agree? {-;

Andrew
reindeer
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:50 pm

reindeer wrote:Hi,

I believe it's not correct to discuss rightfulness of making a decision to leave this world.
It is most likely that every person who wants to die has no doubts in rightfulness of his/her own decision. And, it is not our business to bless or condemn such a person.

Yet, we can judge about rightfulness of creating legal framework for the situation. However, this discussion must be one of the hottest topics at all times. Also, whenever you mention God or divine providence, don't forget that there is still some people who doesn't accept the concept of divine providence and doesn't believe in God at all.

So, taking into consideration the above, don't you think that all the disputes on the subject are absulutely useless?
Suppose, you have succeeded in recruiting someone to your belief. Are you sure that the preacher of another belief, at the same time, haven't succeded either? Are you sure that everyone can be recruited, well, convinced at all? Ask yourself, how often you changed your opinion on the basic postulates of life.
Look, I have some life experience. Nevertheless, I still didn't come to awareness about the necessity of legalisation of euthanasia. And I don't think that anyone can persuade me, either.
It's a controversial topic. And controversial topics are given to imrove our skills in rethoric , not to come to agreement.
Do you agree? {-;

Andrew

I like your writing! It looks like an essay [Ok, this post is so off-topic but I had to say it]
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby reindeer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Thank you Oriani. I,in turn, like the the discourse of cjlarrain whos post you can see on the top of this page. However, I am a little more sceptical about the possibility to exterminate povetry, corruption, etc. in this millenium.
reindeer
Gold Member

Postby Ilove » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm

What a fantastic question! It depends on which type of right does this question refer to.
In terms of legal right, people cannot choose how they die. For example, different countries have their own laws based on killing their citizens and residents lawfully.
Similarly, in terms of moral right, we cannot choose how we die as well. We do not have such power to terminate our lives besides God. However, God loves and wants us to live through good and bad times, so we can face what reality is and strengthen ourselves. =)
Ilove

Postby reindeer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am

But sometimes people don't care about laws!
Don't you think that under certain circumstances someone may have moral right to break a law, whether civil or moral one? We all know how many ridiculous laws have been decreed by human race during the ages.
After all, there are evidents that even animals commit suicude!
reindeer
Gold Member

Postby Elearner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 am

Every people in this world have their own destiny, however, we still have our own self decision to make on what we like to do with our life.

Choosing what you will like to be or choosing what you don't want to be is a personal decision to make. Whatever your decision is on what you want to do in your life, will surely affect others live, for example; your family, your son/daughter, and career etc.

Still, deciding on what you would like to do in your life is your personal decision, but sometimes it's not due to unpredictable happenings that might come to us.
Elearner

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion