EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

New students and appropriate levels

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

New students and appropriate levels

Postby ckanellis » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi, I hope you can give me a bit of advice. I currently have a class of 7 year olds who are starting a Junior A course, where they will start reading, writing and studying grammar. They have studied a pre junior course for 2 years which was very relaxed . I also have another student who is 10 years old who has never studied at an English school and has had only 1 year of learning English at her regular school. I have been advised that the older student shouldn't be mixed the younger ones. What I would like to know is, even though she will be in a class of her own shall I start the student with the same books as the younger children. Is this acceptable or should I be starting her at a higher level because of the age diference. Thank you in advance.
ckanellis

Re: New students and appropriate levels

Postby Sillymoose » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

I see you posted this 2 months ago and am quite interested in what you decided to do? How is the 10 year old doing?
I'm brand new to this forum & relatively new to ESL teaching. So this interests me.
Sillymoose

Return to General Discussion