EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi Mortaza,

How are you and how are your wife and children?

Welcome to this thread! It's nice to rejoin an old member to Let's learn together. I hope all the members regather here again and rebuild that warm atmosphere.. How great that would be!!! :-D

Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to be with you in the first Let's learn together. However, I saw all what happened and how and who caused to close it. That was a big loss for all of us obviously. :(

Dear, you may don't know me so let me introduce myself to you. I am Amal, female. 23 years old from Damascus-Syria.

I read all your posts here and I knew that your daughter is going to the kindergarten. I hope she enjoy her time there. However, I think that she is still too young for that. In fact, I think that the best age for sending kids to the kindergarten is 5 years old cause they become able to leave their mothers and make new relationship with others. On the other hand, kids at this age catch a lot of diseases easily so it's better to keep them save in home...

For me, I love 3 or 4 years kids so if I was a mother, I would like to spend and not waste every minute with my children cause at this age they become very funny, lovely and naughty. :-D

Anyway, wish you a happy life.

Take care,
Bye bye
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi dear Oriani,

I'm writing this post just to let you know I really really really enjoyed reading your last post. I enjoyed your English and reading each line encourged me to continue through the next lines. :-)
After having a stressful busy day, it was such a nice rest to read your post, I don't know why!!! :-D

How can some one become a Miss Englishclub?!!! I'd love to too! {-;

I'm very intrested in your writings. Hope to hear more and more from you.

All the best,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi to all people who visit this thread,

Thank you very much for following this thread; reading or writing. Your visit supports and encourages us to continue writing on this site.

As you may know, a nice person has conducted an opinion poll; asking people idea about introducing someone who is good at chatting. This is the link:

http://my.englishclub.com/forum/topics/ ... t-chatting

Please kindly visit that link and vote. Thank you very much for participating in polling.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 October, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 pm

behnam wrote:Hi to all people who visit this thread,

Thank you very much for following this thread; reading or writing. Your visit supports and encourages us to continue writing on this site.

As you may know, a nice person has conducted an opinion poll; asking people idea about introducing someone who is good at chatting. This is the link:

http://my.englishclub.com/forum/topics/ ... t-chatting

Please kindly visit that link and vote. Thank you very much for participating in polling.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 October, 2012
I know. I'm also on MyEC pages. I've got my profile there, too.

Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby mortaza » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Dear Amal,

Thank you very much for your kind and friendly post to me! Of course, I do remember you from last time I was a member of "Let's learn together" community! In fact, I know that we have written to each other for some times.

Dear Amal! You are from Syria. These days we hear a lot from your country! What happen in Syria are the headlines for almost all news session in media. We are very sad ans upset of what happens to the people of Syria. I hope peace and harmony come back to Syria very soon. If you don't mind, please write about the situation in your country. You know, we cannot trust the media completely.

Today, for the third time, my wife, Maryam, took our daughter, Negar, to the kindergarten. She says that today Negar was more comfortable and she was more interested in exploring the environment of the kindergarten. She [Negar] spent more time playing with toys and communicating with other children. So, it is more likely that we will register her in the kindergarten.

Thank you for reading. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Mortaza
mortaza

My writing for an English Class

Postby mortaza » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Dear all,

This semester, my wife and I both registered in an English writing class. We are now classmates! One reason that I registered in the class, beside learning English, is that I want to spend more time with my wife doing useful activities. Here is my first writing that I am going to present to the teacher as my homework:

Topic: It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance, for sports or music, and other are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be toughed to become a good sportpesron or musician.

In my opinion, the whole idea in previous paragraph is correct. It is apparent that people have different abilities and talents. It may very well happen that two children in the same family have significant differences. Even for new born babies, these differences are noticeable. The interests differs from one person to another. It causes that each person pursues his/her own way in life and tries to reach his/her own goals.

For example, I, as an individual, love swimming while I don't like football. On the other hand, my friend is in love with football but he does not like swimming very much. The result is that I am a good swimmer now but cannot play football, and he plays football like professionals but he is not able to swim.

But, because you are not being talented to do something or you are not interested in doing an activity does not mean that you will not be able to do it. I think, to becom master in doing some activity, it is just needed practice, hard working and being patient. For example, we all saw many people with various disabilities that are successful in their life. Recently, in Olympics games, I saw a photo of an athletic with no hands and no legs that was competing in swimming!

Being successful does not depend completely in god given talents. What is common among all people is the ability to work hard and practice. So, considering all these factors, I think that all people have equal opportunity in their life to be evolved and flourished.

Thanks for reading.

All the best,

Mortaza
October 2, 2012
mortaza

Postby [amal] » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi Mortaza,

How are you?

Thanks dear for your reply and thank for your wishes for Syrians, I really appreciate it!

When I was a kid,I was always wounder why my country wasn't known on the TV channels, why no one name it in programs, Tv shows and even in news. I wondered even if the world really knows where Syria located on the map.. This wonders really made me disappointed.

However, now, all the world not only the TV channels knows us and speaks about us but I am not Satisfied!!! I really wish we still unknown and the life back as the past when we were happy, safe and love each other...

Dear, I don't know what to tell you about the situation here.. But I can tell you that our enemies are watching us happily, they want us to fight each other under the name of freedom and forget them. They keep trying to support the insurgents and give them weapons to kill as many innocent people as it's possible. I don't know how much time this will last but I hope it ends very very soon.

In the end, I am really happy to hear that you registered in an English writing class, good for you and your wife, she must be a lucky wife to have you beside her!
Your paragraph is really good, I enjoyed reading it, please keep sharing us whatever you write there. That would be very useful for us too.

Good luck.
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi Oriani,

How are you?

Yesterday I visited your page in this site and saw your videos.. Wow dear, you have a nice voice! I didn't know that you are good in singing!!!

How did you learn to sing in this way? Do you take any classes?! And what kind of music do you prefer?

I prefer classical music and my favorite singer is Amr Diab, he is an Arab famous star, do you know him?

Have a nice day,

Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:59 am

[amal] wrote:Hi Oriani,

How are you?

Yesterday I visited your page in this site and saw your videos.. Wow dear, you have a nice voice! I didn't know that you are good in singing!!!

How did you learn to sing in this way? Do you take any classes?! And what kind of music do you prefer?

I prefer classical music and my favorite singer is Amr Diab, he is an Arab famous star, do you know him?

Have a nice day,

Amal

Hi there.
Thanks for visiting my page.
Yes, that's me signing. I started singing when I was a little girl. Actually, I began to sing and participate at singing events and I used to get a lot of prices. On the other hand, I am a Violinist, so I do love classical music.

Oh, sorry. I am afraid I do not know who Amr Diab is.
Greetings.
Oriani

Postby Mohsen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 am

Hi Mortaza,

I hope you are fine and doing well. Mortaza my vocabulary is not enough rich because I can’t use many words in speaking . When I read an English text, I understand the meaning of many words ,and at the same time I am able use it in my writing, but I forget these words when I close the text ,or one day later. For example I read the word of plummet in a text today ,it means , something falls very quickly, the text was about the rate of currency which decreased quickly, it is a new word for me and It is evident that English language is not used in my everyday communication and I should not be expected to use different English words in my speaking and chatting, especially the less frequent used words.
Writing in Forums help us to make our English knowledge active and keep in mind what we have learned till now. It is a good way to use difficult and new words, difficult words.
I like biking, and I use bicycle for my routine transportation in the city. My critic to Isfahan mayor is that why he doesn’t order for prohibition of car traffic in central streets ,at least for few days per week. It the best means for people transportation.

You can use it in university , don’t mind what student say. You can start using it one day in a week ,as you and your students get use to it ,increase it.

Best Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion