EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:40 am

Hi Mortaza,

How are you, These days I fall to sleep more than before ,it is the influence of season and cool weather , I read my last post to you, I couldn’t understand it , When I was writing my last post , I was drowsy, sorry, I decided to correct it

I hope you are fine and doing well. Mortaza my vocabulary is not enough rich to use many words in speaking . When I read an English text, I understand the meaning of many words , at the same time I am able to use it in my writing, but I forget these words when I close the text ,or one day later. For example I read the word of plummet in a text today ,it means , something falls very quickly, the text was about the rate of currency which decreased quickly, it is a new word for me and It is evident that I should not be expected to use different English words in my speaking because English language is not used in my everyday communication and chatting, especially the less frequent used words.

Writing in Forums help us to make our English knowledge active and keep in mind what we have learned till now. It is a good way to use difficult and new words.

I like biking, and I use bicycle for my routine transportation in the city. My critic to Isfahan mayor is that why he doesn’t order for prohibition of car traffic in central streets ,at least for few days per week. It the best means for people transportation.

You can use bicycle in university, don’t mind what student say. You can start using it one day in a week , when your students get use to it ,use It everyday.

Best Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

10 Principles for Peace of Mind

Postby behnam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

(Part One)

1. Do Not Interfere In Others’ Business Unless Asked:

Most of us create our own problems by interfering too often in others’ affairs. We do so because somehow we have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction. This thinking denies the existence of individuality and consequently the existence of God.. God has created each one of us in a unique way. No two human beings can think or act inexactly the same way. All men or women act the way they do because God within them prompts them that way. Mind your own business and you will keep your peace.

2. Forgive And Forget:

This is the most powerful aid to peace of mind. We often develop ill feelings inside our heart for the person who insults us or harms us. We nurture grievances. This in turn results in loss of sleep, development of stomach ulcers, and high blood pressure. This insult or injury was done once, but nourishing of grievance goes on forever by constantly remembering it. Get over this bad habit. Life is too short to waste in such trifles. Forgive & Forget, and march on. Love flourishes in giving and forgiving.

3. Do Not Crave For Recognition:

This world is full of selfish people. They seldom praise anybody without selfish motives. They may praise you today because you are in power, but no sooner than you are powerless, they will forget your achievement and will start finding faults in you. Why do you wish to kill yours if in striving for their recognition? Their recognition is not worth the aggravation. Do your duties ethically and sincerely.

4. Do Not Be Jealous:

We all have experienced how jealousy can disturb our peace of mind. You know that you work harder than your colleagues in the office, but sometimes they get promotions; you do not. You started a business several years ago, but you are not as successful as your neighbor whose business is only one year old. There are several examples like these in everyday life. Should you be jealous? No. Remember everybody’s life is shaped by his/her destiny, which has now become his/her reality. If you are destined to be rich, nothing in the world can stop you. If you are not so destined, no one can help you either. Nothing will be gained by blaming others for your misfortune. Jealousy will not get you anywhere; it will only take away your peace of mind.

All the best,
Behnam, 6 October, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

10 Principles for Peace of Mind

Postby behnam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:39 pm

(Part Two)

5. Change Yourself According To The Environment:

If you try to change the environment single-handedly, the chances are you will fail. Instead, change yourself to suit your environment. As you do this, even the environment, which has been unfriendly to you, will mysteriously change and seem congenial and harmonious.

6. Endure What Cannot Be Cured:

This is the best way to turn a disadvantage into an advantage. Every day we face numerous inconveniences, ailments, irritations, and accidents that are beyond our control. If we cannot control them or change them, we must learn to put up with these things. We must learn to endure them cheerfully. Believe in yourself and you will gain in terms of patience, inner strength and will power.

7. Do Not Bite Off More Than You Can Chew:

This maxim needs to be remembered constantly. We often tend to take more responsibilities than we are capable of carrying out. This is done to satisfy our ego. Know your limitations. . Why take on additional loads that may create more worries? You cannot gain peace of mind by expanding your external activities. Reduce your material engagements and spend time in prayer, introspection and meditation. This will reduce those thoughts in your mind that make you restless. Uncluttered mind will produce greater peace of mind.

8. Meditate Regularly:

Meditation calms the mind and gets rid of disturbing thoughts. This is the highest state of peace of mind. Try and experience it yourself. If you meditate earnestly for half an hour every day, your mind will tend to become peaceful during the remaining twenty-three and half-hours. Your mind will not be easily disturbed as it was before. You would benefit by gradually increasing the period of daily meditation. You may think that this will interfere with your daily work. On the contrary, this will increase your efficiency and you will be able to produce better results in less time.

9. Never Leave The Mind Vacant:

An empty mind is the devil’s workshop. All evil actions start in the vacant mind. Keep your mind occupied in something positive, something worthwhile. Actively follow a hobby. Do something that holds your interest. You must decide what you value more: money or peace of mind. Your hobby, like social work or religious work, may not always earn you more money, but you will have a sense of fulfillment and achievement. Even when you are resting physically, occupy yourself in healthy reading or chanting of God’s name.

10. Do Not Procrastinate And Never Regret:

Do not waste time in protracted wondering "Should I or shouldn't I?" Days, weeks, months, and years may be wasted in that futile mental debating. You can never plan enough because you can never anticipate all future happenings. Value your time and do the things that need to be done. It does not matter if you fail the first time. You can learn from your mistakes and succeed the next time. Sitting back and worrying will lead to nothing. Learn from your mistakes, but do not brood over the past. DO NOT REGRET. Whatever happened was destined to happen only that way. Why cry over split milk?

**************************************************************************************
(Extracted from the Internet)

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 6 October, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Dear Oriani,

I'm afraid you havn't noticed my post to you and my question!

Would you please let me know how can one become a Miss Englishclub?

I'm waiting for your reply.

All the best,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Elham wrote:Dear Oriani,

I'm afraid you havn't noticed my post to you and my question!

Would you please let me know how can one become a Miss Englishclub?

I'm waiting for your reply.

All the best,
Elham

Oh dear, sorry.
Yes. I can tell you. The point is that I became MissEC for fun and that happened 5 years ago with different people and we used to have a different environment here on EC. That does not exist anymore, dear.
Sorry.

Best wishes.
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

My essay for my English class

Postby mortaza » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:26 am

Dear all,

As I said before, my wife and I are attending an English writing class together. The teacher wanted us to write about advantageous and disadvantageous of mixed and separated schools. I would like to share my writing with you here.

Advantageous and Disadvantageous of Separated and Mixed Schools.

There are certainly societies in which the schools are separated, and there exist, of course, a lot of countries that boys and girls attend mixed schools. How would students take benefit form mixed schools? What kind of abilities and talents are there that would not be activated in the presence of the opposite sex?

Human beings have social life in nature. To have a happy life, every individual (male or female) needs to communicate and interact with other people. This, in turn, involves that he/she knows actually how to behave among others especially with the opposite sex; after all, half of the society consists of people with opposite sex. Now, when and where a person should learn how to work and cooperate with others? With no doubt, school plays a crucial role. If the schools are separated, from the beginning level to the top level, then the students missed the opportunity to learn about the opposite sex and it may causes a lot of issues! For example, in Iran schools are separated. When a student finishes his/her school and enters a university, he/she suddenly faces a totally different environment. The presence of the opposite sex makes many students to fail to act normally in the class and to present themselves as they expect to.

On the other hand, students are in their teenage period while going to high school. Teenagers are very vulnerable and sensitive. They pay attention too much to the opposite sex. They may, even, fall in love with their classmates if they are in a mixed school. So, in the case of mixed schools, parents and teachers must be very careful. They should help the students to avoid such harmful situations.

In conclusion, I think, if parents and teachers, and consequently children, are educated and cultured enough so that they can handle and manage the relationship between boys and girls in a healthy way, then it is much better for students to attend mixed schools and learn how to work and cooperate with each other. I strongly believe that, in mixed schools, student can learn also how to be good parents in their future life.

All the best

Mortaza
October 7, 2012
mortaza

Postby Mohsen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Dear Behnam,

I was thinking to find an answer for a question which was made in my mind that why in English we have two names for a season, Fall and Autumn and why there is no name for other seasons and finally I came up with the result that when the summer finishes the activities of people will be finished either, I mean the farmers who live in old times , so there is nothing to do and It was a time to be fallen in love and pass the cold winter in a warm beds :-D . So they called this season fall. I didn't find any other reason for it , what is your idea?

About your last post ,I read it twice and what I got from the writer's idea is that in general his/her thought derives from the idea which say if someone slaps me in one side my face , I have no reaction ,but say thank you and ask him to slap me in another side of my face.

I saw an old man was sleeping in bus station yesterday, I went toward him to see if he is dead or alive , I shook him by my hand ,he opened his eye. I said " do you want to call for ambulance ?" his answer was not positive, He told me that he was tired and needed to rest for some minutes.

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:44 am

Dear Mortaza,

Thank you for sharing you writing for us. You have written it without mistakes, just in the first line change the certainly to certain, this is my point.

I have my idea about school system, If we want to assess a system , we should see what is the output and the result. Considering the output of science and education in separated schools like Iran , we see the high ranking of Iran students in different science Olympic competitions.
Considering the social behaviours in co-educational schools and separated schools ,we should study the societies . What has happen for the core of families in societies? What is the reason of homosexuality growth in some societies? In some countries many couple live together for years without official marriage, even they may have child and then they will be separated ,What is the effect of having so many orphans in future of a country.
As you see if we change a basic system in a society , we deal with many other problems in future.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby mortaza » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Dear Mohsen and Amal,

How are you my friends? How it is going? I hope everything is OK.

Today, I would like to write to you about a special topic that I found it in one of your previous writings commonly. Before saying what I am going to write about, let me quote a few sentence from your writings:
    Mohsen wrote in his writing:
    …What I get from the news ,particularly the trick news of BBC last night is that our enemies has started an economical war, Iran is being forced to submit to their illegal orders…

Amal wrote in her writing:
    … But I can tell you that our enemies are watching us happily, they want us to fight each other under the name of freedom and forget them…

As you may agree with me, these two quotations read about the same thing. Iran and Syria are threatened by some enemies from outside. First of all, I should emphasize that I do not want to start a political discussion, and I hope this would be clear from my writing when you finish reading it.

We are living in the kind of countries that are well-known as developing countries. Almost all developing countries are struggling with variety of problems most of which concerns with economy and politics. Iran and Syria have some problems in common and, of course, some problems of their own.

To solve the problems, we need to find the source of the problems; we must know what causes these problems. As far as I see, the media in Iran try to track the cause of our problems outside the country, and I can guess that the same thing is happening in Syria. Am I right Amal?

Sure! there are many problems that have been created by foreigners! But, I believe that hands from outside can cause trouble to us only if they find inside conditions suitable for interference. Therefore, we must be very careful of what we do to ourselves and how treat each other. A wise nation can hardly be manipulated by its enemies.

Let me here tell you a story of our prophet that I am sure you know about it already. I hope I am able to convey the moral of the story;

One day, our prophet saw a group of his warriors coming back from a battle. He told them that they were just coming back from the "least war," and they were about to face the "great war." "What is the great war?", they asked. And he replied that the great war for each person is the war against his/her inside enemy.

Dear friends! I thing the inside enemy is being ignorant, selfish, dishonest, not being responsible for what we do to others, etc. The first step for having a strong nation is that every individual kills his/her inside enemy. Then we may want to take care of the outside enemies.

Thanks for reading.

All the best,

Mortaza
mortaza

Postby kolokoy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:53 am

Help!!!! }:
I am a new member here. I need help checking my sentences, but I don't know where and how to post my questions or sentences.

Thank you
Kolokoy
kolokoy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion