EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby behnam » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:00 am

Dear friends,

Please join us in the chat room. Let's make that place nice with our presence. I am waiting for you.

http://my.englishclub.com/chat

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Dear Morteza,

I agree with you about the mistakes which some people do inside our country and it may helps the enemies to be more rabid .
If there is quarreling between a family members ,the foe can easier penetrate inside the house . The quarreling between the family members makes the family more vulnerable and sometimes they ignore the enemy and insist on their idea.
Unity and knowledge can save a nation in front of aggressors.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Dear Nana,

You had holiday in the countryside , your body and your soul were refreshed , I like countryside , if there were some facilities like good schools , swimming pool , high speed internet .. in the countryside ,surly I would go there to live for ever . I can buy a big house and garden and breed some animal like turkey and ostrich. I would have a good business beside my family.
What is your idea? Do you like to breed animals in the countryside.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Oriani » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:32 pm

behnam wrote:Hi Friends,

Thanks to your support and the moderators' intelligent monitoring and also their positive attitude and kindness towards me I became one of the winners in chat room on Englishclub. Here is the link:

[/color]

Congratulations, dear Behnam. Do your best on MyEC pages. You deserve it.

My best regards.
{-;
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby Elham » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi dear Behnam,

I'm writing this post just to congratulate you. You deserve it;your English is very good and you know how to chat effectively. :-)

Wish you success,

Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:53 pm

So, here there is one of my posts. I have to confess that I do not like writing too much because it reminds me of my college days which our professors asked us to write essays and more essays almost every day and I didn't like at all. However, I would like to share something with you all:

Today is October 12th. According to the PAST, the Spaniard Christopher Columbus arrived to America with his crew. He is famous for "discovering" America, but actually our NATIVES already lived here, so, I still don't understand WHY people call it a " discovering". Anyway, continue. So, for four hundred years , we used to celebrate that we were found out by him and so on. Yet,in 2002, our current President changed our history and now we celebrate the October 12th but with a different point of view: "Our Natives' resistance" . Why? Because when they arrived, the started killing our natives, rapped our native girls and asking us to follow the rules of the Spaniard Kingdom.

I do not have any bad feelings against the Spaniards. Spain is a good country and I've got several good friends from there. Actually, what I only thank to that "famous" Christopher is the language because we speak Spanish.

Ok, I continue. If you take a look at our aspect or our characteristics, we are black, white, blonde, brunette, short, tall, etc...because of the European blood they brought to us and the slaves ( the black ones). However, if you take a look at the people in Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador they still remind the characteristics of our natives: They have quite dark skin and straight black hair. Why? Because he didn't have time to reach those countries and invade them.

So, the "rich" ones in my country celebrate that Christopher was his discoverer ( how stupid they are) but ordinary-intelligent-self centered people like me KNOW that he was just a rich thief who wanted us to belong to his kingdom. THANK GOD we have had our independence since 1810.

I hope you like it.

Kisses.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICTURE
Oriani

Postby behnam » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi Oriani,

It was nice meeting you in the chat room. You are a great teacher as well as a kind friend. You are a real treasure for English learners; with a lot of experience on EC and life.

As I promised, I read your last post again; but more carefully this time. You've got a lot of memories from your friends and you feel nostalgic about the past. Some friends have gone and you have missed them! I do understand you. You may ask how? Well, I used to write on English-at-home. I wrote there for about three years. I made friends with many people from different parts of the world. Some of them are still in contact with me. For example, Mohsen, Elham, Mortaza, Nana, Andrew...are still here; nice signs of the past for me! I really feel proud of my friends.

Elham has done a very big job. When leaving the first site(English-at-home), she copied and saved all the posts in four books entitled 'Let's learn together'. Each book contains more than 1000 pages! Ive uploaded them on WWW.scribd.com. If you visit that site and search for 'let's leran together', you will find them. Having a look at them will let you know our great community more in details. Good Old Days! Nostalgic right now! About to cry...

Sometimes, I look at the Moon say; "Moon, do you see my friends? Give my warmest regards to them." It makes me happy. Sometimes, I look at the blue sky and say, "Behnam, your friends are under this sky breathing the air...that's a common thing.." These thoughts make me feel close to my friends, although they are miles away from me.

Dear Oriani, from this point of view, nobody can understand you as I do!

About other parts of your post, I should mention to your indirect criticism about Americans. I agree with you. America belongs to all native people who were born in that large continent.

It was sad to hear about the break and leaving your four-year partner. It is necessary to have some similarities with our love. There are differences and similarities between both sexes. Amazingly, those differences and similarities keep the life going. For a happy relationship( a successful one), it is vitally important to balance those two essences of life-similarities and differences. I wish you a happy life.

Giving or receiving gifts can be surprising; sure, but the feelings related to the gifts are valuable. As you know, receiving a gift from someone isn't only taking a physical thing. Apart from the stuff, we always take some attention, some care, some recognition too. These spiritual things are very effective and long-lasting. You are a lucky person, since receiving gift from EC is a great success.

It seems love is dead in the real life. It is dead or taking the last breaths! It seems values have changed; blackness is overtaking whiteness! Oh, strangely some noble feelings have gone from societies. We can only find them in the virtual world; the Net! That's why I often say the advantages of the Internet weigh its disadvantages.

The story is getting long and boring. Let's end this page and close the book right here. What I am saying is this: I am honoured to have you as a teacher and a kind friend in this thread.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Behnam,

Wow!!!! congratulation my dear great friend! I am really really really happy for you. For sure, you deserve this winning as well as you have won our hearts! :-D

You have taught us a great lesson that when someone focus on something, they can achieve it.

I wish you the best and.... Emm... :oops: I wish that room don't take you from us -your old friends- who used to chat with you on Yahoo. :roll:

Dear, I had just finished reading your last post to Oriani and my eyes are full of tears..
I don't know why but always when I read about the old thread and your old friends, I start crying. I know what you felt and what you meant. The thread was a big loss for all of us! :-(

My words maybe are repeated but I couldn't prevent myself from writing my feelings.
I really wish if I was a member there, I really wish I entered the net earlier and met all your old great friends there.. Uh! What a luck. :-(

Anyway, in the end, I can just pray and ask God to keep them safe and happy...

Thanks Dear Behnam for everything indeed. I am very proud of you.

Have a happy time. {-;
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Dear Behnam,

I was revewing some of the posts in the first thread while I came across these questions asked to you by one of our dear friends! You hadn't answered the questions there but I some how found the answers in your last post to Oriani!

Dear friend, have you ever thought to leave this thread forever??? Have you ever thought about the future of this thread??? How do you feel about your first friends hat didn't continue writing?? Are you still in contact with them????

You have prooved your loyalty to your thread and your friends. It's really admiring how firm and true-hearted you are. Your sentences in your last post show how faithful you are towards your old friends even if they didn't continue writing. You are an awesome friend*

All te best,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Oriani,

There are many stories in the history which are not true. You are right, it was not Christopher Columbus who first arrived in American continent . Many people were living there before Christopher arrival , even I say that some merchants from Iran were working there ,they shipped between Iran and America at that time, many people had been gone to America before ,but Christopher Columbus had an illusion that he was the first one and the king supported him to registered his name as a discoverer of America.

The history has been written by what the owners of power wanted not what was the true, Another fake story is the Moon landing conspiracy which claim by NASA that about many years ago some astronomers form USA landed on the moon and walked there and put their flag in the moon soil.
The question is that why after many years the mission of landing on the moon never been repeated , The answer is that the first mission was only some fake movie which was produced by NASA.

Good bye
Mohsen

Have a good time
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion