EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Two years later, Nafiseh sat thinking of her friend Narges. She had heard a lot about her that she found difficult to believe. She could not believe that after a bitter struggle Narges had given in to her husband. She had heard she no longer cared for Islamic hijab but accompanied her husband to parties and nightclubs. She had given birth to a boy, Farid and they said she was always sad and hardly ever smiled. Nafiseh heard such rumours and wished she could see Narges and learn the truth from her.

That morning the doorbell rang and Nafiseh hurried to open it. She was surprised to see Narges herself standing in front of her. She was pale and unhappy. Nafiseh welcomed her and led her into the living room. Narges sat silently, not knowing what to say.

Nafiseh said "Oh, Narges, how I hoped I'd see you; I've heard so much about you, but I was anxious to hear from you yourself."

Narges cried bitterly saying, "I have no news except of disgrace and shame! I have been the victim of foolishness and self-deceit. Anyway I am not worthy of your friendship. I have fallen to the bottom of the abyss and am hopeless, may Allah forgive me!"

Nafiseh felt great pity for her and kindly said, "You are still my sister and I must help you, to overcome this awful experience. Now, please tell me everything frankly as you did in the past."

Narges said, “Well, you know that I never listened to your advice. I believed in a dream and ran to get it; I tried hard to get Ramin to come round to my way of thinking but ailed. He never accepted my religious commitment, and treated me cruelly, humiliating me often. Sometimes, he was gentle and kind and sometimes he was frightening. I thought about divorce, but my son caused me to give up that idea, so I gave in, and obeyed him meekly. He exploited my weakness and increased his domination over me, drawing me ever deeper into disgrace. I accepted everything just as a prisoner accepts his sentence. Now, you see me here!"

Nafiseh could not blame her seeing her as she did and asked, "What's the problem now then?"

"He divorced me a week ago, because he blamed me for the death of our son", said Narges. "Why?" asked Nafiseh incredulously.

"Because I fasted in the month of Ramadhan."

Nafiseh asked, "Did your son die of hunger?"

Narges replied, "Of course not. He was both breast-fed as well bottle-fed. He died after an illness." Nafiseh was greatly moved and felt sorry for the bereaved mother who had suffered humiliation and disgrace. So you see, I have lost everything," continued Narges.

Nafiseh hugged her warmly and said, "You have not lost everything. You still have your religion calling you back through repentance, and I am still your loving friend.

You still have the broad road of the future ahead of you. Perhaps this experience will help you to make a new righteous start; a future that is built on firm foundations. Don't despair, “...surely none despair of Allah's mercy except the unbelieving people.” (Yousef, 87)
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 pm

no
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby behnam » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi friends,

I was nothing, but spending some time with you made me be something. I was nothing, but you made me become a winner. I was nothing, but you made me become hopeful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't know how to thank you for your support, care and encouragement. Should I kiss? Should I hug? Or, maybe both of them. I am joking.

You made me win again. Please visit the following link. Thank you very much indeed.

http://my.englishclub.com/profiles/blog ... e=activity

All the best,
Behnam, 03 December, 2012

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi dear Behnam,

Congratulations. :-)

We are happy to see our friend successful. I do understand how you feel, it's so pleasant to feel helpful. Good for you. Thank you dear Behnam for your sincer friendship and help to all of your friends.We are proud of you.

God keeps you for us my lovely friend,

Wish you all success and happiness,

Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby WiLZiN » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi Behnam...

Congratulations :-D Congratulations :-D Congratulations.

I'm very happy to see your successful because it's mine too. Thank you my older brother for your friendship and for all what you did here.I'm proud of you and to be one of your friends.

Have more success and go ahead. You worth it.

- WiLZiN -
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi Freinds,

Once I was passing the elephants, I suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at any time, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

I saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well” trainer said “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it is enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

I was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

It is said that failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life, but I think nobody can change his habits, we should always try to be far from a situation which bother us.

:cry:
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:38 pm

no
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Freinds,
It is friday evening , and we had a good weather today ,clear shy and multicolor trees,i was impressed by nature, I felt that I need to sing , following the Golestan to enjoy the saadi's parables ,

A Good Wife
A worthy woman, obedient and chaste,
Will make a dervish a king among the rest.
Go pray for your good luck if in the night
You have an agreeable friend at your side.
Should you grieve all the day, do not complain,
If at night your goodly wife dresses your pain.
He who owns a noble house and decent spouse
Is favored by Gods' blessing and applause.
That man enjoys his life in this world of debate
Who has an agreeable woman as his mate.
Should your wife be virtuous and fair in address,
Search not in her features beauty or ugliness.
A well-tempered lady, a merry spouse,
Shall hide your mistakes in your jolly house.
She who is temperate and sweet in speech,
Will beat a beautiful and spiteful bitch.
A well-bred woman is the solace of your life,
But God forbid if you are wed to an evil wife.
Better to be jailed by the man of law,
Than see your lady with an ugly brow.
A man who departs his town for a distant port,
Is happier if he escapes a surly consort.
Shut down the gate of merriment and bliss
To a house where the woman disturbs your peace.
If your wife doesn't obey your vote
You better wear a woman's petticoat!
If your wife smiles to strangers, O man,
Boast not of manhood, you're cuckold, a woman!
A well bred woman is a treasure in the house;
Leave a vicious and quarrelsome spouse.
Should your lovely wife hide her body and face,
In Paradise you'll meet her with all her grace.
But jest not Saadi; mock not a man's strife,
If you see the wretched soul henpecked by his wife.
For you too will suffer; you must obey your bride
If you dare to ask the beauty to dwell at your side.

;-)
mOhSen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby nanachen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi,everyone

I have a long time not to log in here and I am so busy because I am going to married!!!!Here my wedding picture.

I am so excited and worried,I can't image I live with another man and leave my parents.Have any advise to me?

Best wish

Nana
nanachen
Silver Member

Postby WiLZiN » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi Nana...

How are you today?!

What a beautiful announcement. Congratulations my friend.
Marital life must be based on this basics:
Love
Mercy
Honest
Altruism
Tolerance
Remission
Familiarity
Tenderness
Cooperation
Understanding
Me as a man, I care for 3 basic needs:
Passionate needs
Physical needs
Daily needs
If my wife do it for me then I will be the most happiest husband in the world.
Of course I will do them to my wife too to be the most happiest wife in the world, I wish that.

Congratulations Nana and have nice days...

-WiLZiN-
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion