EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby WiLZiN » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 am

Hi my dear friends...

First of all... Happy "Yalda" night to all and
I hope it will be lovely worm peaceful night.
Second of all.. Happy birthday older brother
Behnam and I hope to achieve all your goals.
Third of all I mess you all and God bliss you.

- WiLZiN -
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby [amal] » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:59 am

Hi friends,

How are you?

I have got some questions to make this thread active, please share me your opinions:

Why many things just happen in our imagination and can't happen in the real life? Do you think that if our imagination came true, that will make us happy?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby WiLZiN » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 am

Hi Amal...

How are you my dearest dear?

I think that if our imagination came true, that will make us happy but it's although depends on the ability of this imagination to be realty.
Some of our dreams are so big and hart to be achieved because of our society or Riches or potentials, but some of our dreams are in hands if we seek to achieve them.
There is no imagination can be real without work on, as we work we achieve and this is the golden rule here.
I hope my opinion could be useful and convincing.

Have nice days...

- WiLZiN -
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby Elham » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Dear Amal,

What a nice question you have asked! Why many things can just happen in our imagination???

I actually wanna thank you. Your post made me sit here and make a lovely dream!
I had seen a mail full of pictures from winter and snow; reading your post I just imagined it has snowed here as well,and I went walking outdoors.... something very sweet happened there! What? Emmmm, oh sorry, you're not allowed there! It's secret! :lol:

What a great blessing it is, to dream! You can experience many impossible things there. I love it, oh, I love it. I live with it! Thank god, thank god........

Maybe things are even much better in reality! Who knows? Let's be positive! {-;
I often imagine myself meeting my dear friends whom I've never seen.It makes me very happy. One of my dreams is to meet Amal and take part in her wedding ceremony! I'm sure it would be as sweet as my imagination, no doubt! :-D

I'm just worried about sth. Is it wrong to live with dreams? Can it harm??? Emmmm...

Thanks for reading,

Wish you a happy warm winter,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Wish my Christians 'friends a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Hope the next year is a prosperous and harvest year for both of us!

Wishes
Mohsen

*** HAPPY NEW YEAR ***
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby LorenzoAlf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Anyone know of any good sites for English online courses?
LorenzoAlf

Postby [amal] » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 am

Hi Elham,

How are you?

In my opinion, if our imagination come true, that wont make us happier because I think that no matter how big our imagination was but it still narrow and our knowledge is naive.. I believe that what god choose for us is the best and for sure god knowledge is very wide.

Sometimes, we go through a lot of bad thing " as we callit or imagine" but in fact they aren't.
Sometimes god prevents something "we wish or we want" just to give us something more beautiful, a lesson or to test our faith.

Eli! Ohh my god, imagine that you came to my wedding party.. Ohh, what a disaster it would happened! {-:
I would forget all about the groom, the people there and the party and sit and speak with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I would be very happy if you came to my wedding party!!! it would be the best and happier day in my life.

Ohhhh!!!!!! I wanttttt to marry!!! I wanttt a maaaan any maaaan, Please please god please send a man to me cause I miss Elham and I am dying to meet her!!!!!!! :-( :-( :-(

Kidding a side, you know, dear, if I really want to get married this is because I want you to be happy and because someone had promised me to dance in my wedding day!!! Ohh, I was verrry happy when I heard that, what would happened to me if it became a reality?!! Imagine that!!!
I really want you to be happy..

In the end, I wish your life is more beautiful than what you have ever imagined and dreamed!

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Amal,

How is it going? I hope all is going well with you. Unfortunately, I am busy with books these days. I am studying hard. I go to bed at about 24 almost every night. I never watch TV. I just check my mailbox and reply to some emails in case I am in the mood or have time. I love writing about your topic-imagination. That's an interesting topic. Alas, I cannot(and don't want actually) to switch from Quantum Mechanics into imagination! :lol:

Today I studied chapter 4 of 'Modern Quantum Mechanics' by J.J Sakurai. It concerns 'Symmetry in Quantum Mechanics'. This night(after posting this post) I am studying chapter 5 which is about 'Approximation Methods'. Actually, this chapter is mostly about 'Perturbation Theory'.

Please search the Net for that book and take a glance at it; just to see what I am studying these days.

It is not fair to stay silent when a good friend has introduced a topic for discussion. According to Albert Einstein, "Imagination is more important than knowledge...". Yes, it is, but it cannot be true for all people! A hungry person will imagine eating some delicious food and fresh fruits! :lol: Girls often fantasize about their future life and imaginary husband...! Children usually dream about things that they wish to have. However, I guess Einstein means scientists, researchers, designers, or people who are involved in brain-based things. Anyway, sometimes imagination gives us hope and encourages us; makes us determined in achieving our goals. That's positive side of it!

The world would be funny if our imagination comes true. Right know, I am imagining something, or imagining doing something...Oh, let's forget it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year!

All the best,
Behnam, 31 December, 2012

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby WiLZiN » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Happy New Year To All Friends
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby behnam » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 am

Hi Friends,

How are you? I hope all is going well with you. I've missed you very much.

It is Thursday, and a religious holiday in Iran. I was studying, but got tired of it. I came here to write something and to take some rest AND then to do some relaxation! I need it, you know, studying continuously makes the brain tired.

Last night, a very kind friend of mine sent me a message and wanted me to get online and have some chat. I did it. After about one month, it was a great chat-a tiredness removing one!

Let me speak about my schedule. Until 8th of January, I will study 'Advanced Quantum Mechanics'. I am studying last chapters which are extremely difficult. Last two chapters are about 'Identical Particles' and 'Scattering Theory'. These chapters, especially the latter one, are very difficult. Anyway, I have to finish this subject by 8th of January.

From 8th of January to 8th of February, I am studying 'Classical Electrodynamics' by Jakson. This subject is complicated too, but I am rather good at it. In the world of Physics 'Classical Electrodynamics' by Jakson and 'Advanced Quantum Mechanics' by Sakurai are well-known. You can easily find them on the Net. These books are taught-as text books- at many universities in the world.

From 8th of February to 7th of March, I am studying 'Modern Physics' which is simple(one week time is enough for this subject) and revising 'Quantum Mechanics'! Finally, on Friday, 8th of March, I am sitting for the most important exam in my life. Please pray for me.

You should know, the exam consists five modules, 'Professional English', 'Educational talent(intelligence)', 'Quantum Mechanics', 'Electrodynamics' and 'Modern Physics'. You should also know, I am going to study 'Photonics', which is a branch in Applied Physics. Candidates who are going to study Physics have 'Statistical Mechanics' instead of 'Modern Physics'. Other modules are the same. I don't study the first two subjects! I have no plan for them. Hehehe...

I guess, according to the last year leaflet published by the relevant organization, 30 people will be allowed to study 'Photonics'! This course is held Only at a few universities in Iran. Therefore, it is a stiff competition for candidates. It should be said that the exam covers 50 percent of the total score. The verbal interview specifies half of the total score. Some people believe that the interview specifies total score! They say, "Professors who are interviewing give good marks to their favourite candidates"! This is not fair, but who cares?

Unfortunately, the university that I've received my MSc degree-Sharif University of Technology- doesn't hold my chosen course-Photonics. Therefore, I have little chance to be accepted by interviewers at other universities(Four Universities in all over Iran). However, I am a determined person. I never let negative thoughts and false assumptions hinder me from trying. If I put my mind to something, I finish it. Nothing can stop me! Oh Oh Oh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear friends, let me digress for a moment. I wanted to write "I am an experienced Physics student.' rather than 'I am a determined person'! However, the first sentence seems odd. A student cannot be experienced. Teachers can be experienced, but students cannot. Students are better to be described by some adjectives like 'studious', 'hardworking', ...! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wife is calling me for lunch. I have to dash quickly. Sorry for making mistakes.

All the best,
Behnam, 3 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion