EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Good job, Behnam! I am really very proud of you that is really hard.. Wish you the best.

Oh, I wish I was that very kind friend who sent you a message to have some chat, I really miss you. :( But you know that the electricity is on just in a late time and you may be... :oops: Emm.. Sleeping! :lol:

Anyway, today I am in my uncle's office but I have to leave now so take care of yourself and your children and be carful these days are very cold.

Missssssssss youuu a loooooooooot.
Bye bye
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Estela » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi, I have started few minutes ago, and I don't know how it works.. My name is Estela and I am Engilsh studient from Spain.. I think that in this moment there aren't somebody here... ei???
Ah.. I like summer as season....
Estela

Postby Estela » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Oh.. it's very fast.. .guau, you are a machine so fast when you write,it's wonderful.. yes, the contrast is great because you can compare what you like more or less, so depens sometimes of day and you emotion in each case, ... about God, I think the own experience does that you feel his presence or maybe not.. but I think that have to be anything more... but sometimes I don't know how talk you... did you have any experience like? thanks for your fantastic words!!
Estela

Postby Estela » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks Behnam, I have found out this quote and I think that it's answer with last text.. it's ok..

I am an student, my English is terrible, but thanks for your words, I am proud.. :-), about the seasons, I have every seasons, and maybe for this reason I prefer one, only my opinion in this moment... about people unknow the 4 seasons... maybe they talk us about avaintages about having only one season.. I don't know, maybe a skimal thinks that other people is happier because enjoy of more stations? I don't know..I think that it's great that you like every seasons, it shows a nice sense, because you enjoy sun, win, rain, in each season.. I enjoy it too, but I have nice remimber (I don't know how write it... Sorry) in Summer...And yes, for me it's impossible living without 4 seasons... how I won't be able witout birds, ...English is hard for me.. apologies for my mistakes...

Elisa wrote:Dear Behnam,
your answer is so special and complete that you make me so unconfortable.Your English is too good.
Every answer will be banal!
Anyway....I like all seasons because everyone of them has something special in colours and smells.

Sometimes I think how is living in the tropics where we cannot enjoy of the 4 seasons.

Do you think it is possible to realise the passing of the years without seasons?
Estela

Postby Elham » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Dear Behnam,

How are you my determined hard-working friend? Hope you and your family are healthy and happy, spending a warm winter. :-)

Thanks for your report on your schedule. It's so nice that you are busy with such great and sweet Physics lessons. Just enjoy it. Being busy with the world of the science is enjoyable, specially when you are wise and love your major that much ! Hope you success*

Emmm, I'm afraid to say I don't agree with you on " experienced student" !!! If a teacher can be experienced in teaching, a student can also be experienced in studying!!! For example an English student who's been studying English for 10 years, could certainly be called 'experienced' in comparison to the one who's just started his courses! After 10 years being involved in learning English, now he is experienced; he knows how to study English, how to use dictionary, how to memorize a new word, how to practice,what to expect from the teacher, what is more important to learn, what is things he needs to be careful about while speaking and writing, he is more careful about the grammar, he has been with English for a long time so less and more he is familiar with this language, he has applied it in his life and has experience using it and so on!
I think these are good reasons for being called an experienced student! {-; {-:

I call myself an experienced English student and I believe it dose make sense. :-)

Many thanks for your great posts. I read your last post carefully and I believe you are experienced in English. You know how to use what you know from English VERY well. Well done*

Wish you all success again,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:45 am

Hi Elham,

Many thanks for your post. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you once again for your positive words.

I used to care about English, but these days I am studying some subjects which are related to my field of study. Therefore, I am forgetting English little by little, AND I don't care! I really don't care!

Undoubtedly, 'I am an experienced English student' makes sense, and people understand what is meant by that. However, it is not beautiful! I personally see some beauty in English correct structures and sentences. I seldom memorize grammar. At high school, for instance, I used to use this method(looking for a sort of beauty in a sentence) and answer grammar-based questions. Most of the time, I was right. Well, my marks(results) can be the clearest evidence of what I am claiming. I was a successful student when it came to the English language.

For an interviewer, it is not difficult to know our English level. As soon as we open our mouth and say something, they realise which level we are at. In order to give some information about our English activities we can say, "I have been learning English for 10 years"! Or we can say, "I have taken part in some English courses in such and such institute..." I am sure, you know much better than me how to handle an interview.

According to a Persian poem, "Cho bini na bina o chah ast, agar khamush benshini gonah ast". I reacted, maybe unkindly, to 'I am an experience..", because, I believe this sentence isn't beautiful, although it makes sense. This sentence seemed odd to my brain, and it automatically and unwillingly looked for some mistakes in the sentence. Strangely, my brain found the pronunciation wrong and the structure unusual. You can ask, "why did your brain look for some mistakes instead of looking for some positive things?" I don't know, but I guess it was just because of the situation.

I received some unkindness and insult after this correction! }: However, you should know, I still believe that there is something wrong with 'I am an experienced English student'! I do believe that you treated me unfairly! }: }: I wish I could 'put some watermelon under your armpit' by praising and admiring you for using that sentence[not for getting some benefits from you since all people know that I never look for someone's benefits] in order to be far from this injured feelings. I wish I could be silent, without any judgement, although in many cases silence leads to disloyalty in friendship! I made a very big mistake, but got some useful lessons! That's OK! }: }: }:

All the best,
Behnam, 5 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Oh Behnam!!!!! :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

I'm really shocked by your post and words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Insult and unkindness????????????????????? For what??????????? For correcting a simple mistake? Just for correcting a wrong pronunciation?????????????????? Oh my god!!!!!!!!! Who believes so?????????

I really don't understand what you mean! Your post clearly shows that there is a BIG MISUNDERSTANDING! I'm so sorry to hear such words by you! :-( :-( :-(

Who believes that Elham would be unkind and insult just for his friend has correct her mistake???? It's so unfair of you to think and say so. You made me really upset.

Ok!!!

Good luck,
Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 pm

"it's been said that everlasting friends go long periods of time without speaking and never question their friendship. These friends pick up phones like they just spoke yesterday, regardless of how long it has been or how far away they live, and they don't hold grudges. They understand that life is busy and you will always love them." -from the net-

Behnam, I know that you love me and I know that you are busy but I just miss you.. :-(

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 am

Hi golden-hearted Amal,

How are you? I hope you are happy and healthy; enjoying every minute of your life. So many thanks for your kind posts. I've missed you too. Silence or being out of sight doesn't mean that you are forgotten by me. You are always in my thoughts. So sorry that I am too busy to be punctual as I used to be. This won't last more than two months. I promise, in March, the situation will be ordinary as it was. :lol:

Thank you once again for your email. It wasn't exactly true, but something like that. Got it? I hope so! :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 6 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:15 am

No Behnam, I didn't get it since I am not as smart as you are and physics and the law of the possibilities aren't my favourite subjects.. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the wrong is the last letter?! The whole name?! OR I should give up trying?! For you, I am sure that it is the last one, :lol: :lol: but NO please tell me, I really want to know, I don't want to do anything with it but I just want to check if the program is working!!! {-:

Emm, till March?! Emmm, if you find me alive till that time, then it's OK, come and chat with me. You willlllllllll killllllllllll me sooooooooooooooooooon. :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

Best wishes,

Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion