EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby grincas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi dear friend Behnam ,I want to begin my message with your words:
As soon as you say bye to someone s/he forgets you. Saying goodbye is like closing a window on the computer! Saying bye is like deleting a file.
What a true thought .Unfortunately today is communication day ,but as you implied our understanding of communication is mechanic ,As you said saying goodbye is like a deleting file, I think like you.It is nonsense ,but people behave like that.I m very sad but this is true. I have to accept their unfaitful behaviours as it is. When someone shut the window and delete me , my heart, my soul are filled with hate and sorrow .Hate kills my happiness.At that situations ,I m trying to do my best to overcome it.As you said saying goodbye is like closing a window. Unfortunately ,that s true,I have lots of experiences and feel it deeply.In addition to this , ı always face this kind of behaviours in friendship even with family members . Where are we going dear ? Is it the end of world? As you said LOVE MAKES THE UNIVERSE TURN AROUND, What a wonderful sentences. Dear I appreciate you sincerely thanks to your thoughts, thanks to your heart and I belive that compassion will kills the cruel side of human being.Allah is almight ,if we teslim etmek by heart.
best wishes dear friend it s late but ı want to write something on your message:)
Grincas
grincas

WOW!

Postby behnam » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 am

WOW!

What shall I write? How can I show you my feelings now? Right now, my feelings cannot be described by words! Words are really disable to describe it as it is.

A few minutes ago, I opened the mailbox and I saw an email from an old friend. This friend is in Spain. She used to write in the previous 'let's learn together!'. I had nothing from her for about 2 years. Her email surprised me. I was eager and impatient to read it. Then I opened it. Here are some words at the beginning of her email:
Hello my dear lovely easterner friend!!
How are you?? How is life going??
You think your westerner friend Rosa forgot you, im sure you think so, but...thats not true dear. I remember you quite frequently......... You know, my life changed. I married and now Im a MUM!! As im sure you know me, you know that I am veeeeery happy with it. I loved to become a mum, I found the proper man to form a family with and this is what I did. .... i gave birth in october,.....I could see the face of my little baby, my newborn, part of me...and I cried a lot. What a feeling!! My baby is a boy, he is healthy, beautiful, smiling face as his mum... Now, he takes most of my time. Im in motherhood vacancy, i will come back to school next march, and I dont know if I will survive being apart even a few hours...

Some parts of her email have been deleted on purpose. I am crying now. There are tears in my eyes. Oh my God! What an understanding person! This person values humanity and friendship. THIS is the meaning of humanity!

When we were chatting, I used to tell her she is a westerner, then she doesn't care about friendship. I used to say, "Rosa, your materialist philosophy has taken some nice emotions and values from human beings. She used to disagree, as you can see the greeting of her email is addressing this matter clearly. Her third sentence again mentions to this matter. Anyway, I am very, very, very happy now.

For people who don't know about Rosa I should say she is an English teacher in Spain. She teaches English at school. Many years ago, when she was preparing for her job entry exam, I helped her with English. If you see some errors in her sentences, it is because of using mobile phone on the one hand, and being away from English for a quite long time, on the other hand. It is also an informal friendly email. Her English is excellent.

I wanted to share my happiness with you. I don't know whether I am right or wrong with copying and pasting some parts of her email in this place. However, I wanted to give some indirect lessons to my old friends who left me without leaving footprints. What they did is the exact meaning of cruelty. }: }: }: }: }:

All the best,
Behnam, 29 Jnauary, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Behnam,

How are you?

Wow! What a great news! Thanks for sharing Rosa's mail with us, it made me very happy! Congratulation dear Rosa!
I wish her the best and I really wish in the future she had some free time to write here and tell us about her experience...

Dear, you are unforgetable friend so I am sure that your old friends haven't forgot you but maybe there are somethings which prevents them from being in touch... Look, I am not claiming that they aren't cruel or wrong but whatever I am saying is to give them an excuse.
For sure you are in their hearts. Well, maybe you would say bieng in their hearts isn't enough. It isn't! But believe me it's better than forgetting all about you.

Dear, I really wanted to discuss this thing with you more but forgive me I am not in a good mood for that... Today my father went for his work as usual but he returned immediately because they told him that the terrorists yesterday attacked the place. :-(
Is killing innocent employees called freedom or set us free???!!!!! What a fake freedom!!!

Please dear, ask god to keep my father safe cause we can't live without him...
I don't want to speak more about politics things so I will end my post.

Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

WELCOME!

Postby behnam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi Shahrbanu(Grincas),

Welcome to this thread! Many thanks for joining us. Your post made me extremely happy.

First of all, I'd like to introduce you to my friends. I wish you had written something about yourself. In your next post, please write something about yourself.

Dear friends, Shahrbanu is a very kind and polite lady from Turkey. I met her in the chat room on Englishclub. You all know that I am very careful when it comes to making friends with people. My friends are special. Therefore, Shahrbanu is also an especial person with great personality. I've found her so kind and affective that I asked her to join us in this place. She has accepted my request. Fortunately, she is with us now. I hope we will have lasting friendship with together.

You may find her first post a little bit different. It should be said that her post is written in replying to a message that I'd recently sent her through Englishclub.

Dear Shahrbanu, now let me tell you something about friends in this place. As you can see from couple of pages, many people have participated in putting comment or post here. Some of them are regular post writers. I am going to write something about them. I hope they will introduce themselves as complete as possible.

Dear Elham is an Iranian kind and wise girl. She is an active friend. As her posts imply, she is an emotional golden-hearted person. I am sure you have many things in common with Elham. Talking with Elham will make you calm and relaxed.

Dear Amal is a Syrian soft-hearted girl. She is kind and easygoing. She is sweet-tempered. Talking with her will remove your sadness. In fact, she is a sadness remover! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Mohsen is an Iranian clever man. He is creative and supportive. He is polite and loyal. He is a reliable person.

Dear Nana is a Chinese lady. As all Chinese people, she is sweet and friendly. She values friendship.

Dear Wael is a Syrian man. He is mathematician. He has got a wonderful personality. He is polite and good-tempered. He is perfect at poems.

Dear Shahrbanu, there are other people in the thread. Some of them only read our posts. Some others make comments in case they are in the mood for writing. Don't worry! You will get the hang of this place soon. You should know that we have been writing in 'Let's learn together!' for 5 years! Do you believe it? Yes, we have started writing in 2007(December) on http://WWW.English-at-home.com. For some reasons, we had to leave that site. Thanks to the great attempts and efforts of dear Elham, the result of our activities on that site has become 4 pdf files which are uploaded on http://WWW.scribd.com. If you go to that site and search for 'Let's learn together', you may find them.

Dear Shahrbanu, Please share something with us whenever you have time. If you were looking somewhere to empty your heart, this thread is a right one. In this place, we are not interested in politics and religion. Other topics; no matter how challenging they are, are always welcomed.

I wish you happy moments in this thread. I hope to read more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

FLOWERS CANNOT STAND UNKINDNESS AND VIOLENCE!

Postby behnam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi Amal,

Thank you very much for your post. I am always worried about my Syrian friends. Your posts make me calm. Please do not put us unaware(newsless!=لا اخبار=bikhabar; khabarsiz :lol: ) of yourself.

Definitely, Rosa's email made me happy. I used to complain about the cruelty of the world and getting old. However, her post raised my self-confidence. Now, I think I am still young! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I personally condemn the violence and cruelty in any shapes. It puts the safety of a society at risk. I hope your country will get rid of this problem, and causing damage to cities will be ended soon.

I am always keeping my fingers crossed for your people.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Dear Behnam,

I got very happy hearing about Rosa's news. I always was happy that she was a member of our group and enjoyed her posts a lot. I wish she hadn't left us that way. Anyway I hope this beautiful lovely woman a great happy life beside her family. :-)

I also miss dear Veronica.She seems to be in the New-York now. She had put message for me and sent all friends kiss and hug.
It's so sad that such lovely women ( Veronica, Marina,Rosa, and that Italian lady whose name I don't remember!) left us. I loved all of them very very much.I wish we could have the same old friendly gathering we used to have! :-(
I really enjoyed their presence and words.Women truly resemble sweet-smelling flowers, they make life beautiful. I am sure not only men, but also women themselves get energy from pleasant sweet AND calming presence of these flowers! Wowwwwwww, I'm a fresh nice flower too,aooooooooooooooooh :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is here and life is beautiful* :-D :-D :-D

Best wishes
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Let's learn together!

Postby Trinti » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:05 am

A grammar rule which says that the superlative of adjectives goes with the definite article "The". Thus a question like this would be incorrect: "Is there a best school around here?" Instead, we would ask: "Is there a good school?'' and then " Which is the best school?"

Trinti!
Trinti

Postby nanachen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Dear Behnam,

How's it going? How are your babies?

Yes,after marriage,I have to change.I become a diligent housekeeper.Because the chinese lunar New Year is coming,I had to wipe the windows ,mop the floor, sweep the ceiling.At true, all of this work was done by my mother before.Now I joined in a new family,I take place of the character of my mother in her family.Besides this,I had to face many bills such as water and electricity,property management fee and so on.My wallet is reducing.The import thing is to giving red envelopes to children when you marry is a Chinese tradition for lunar New Year.This year is the first year that I give red envelopes to children of my relatives ,my friends,my colleague.You can guess,my one month salary disappear again.Everything made me scorched by the flames.

Good luck

Nana
nanachen
Silver Member

Postby nanachen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Dear Mohsen,

I hope your everything is good.Though you don't like your new office,you should learn to accept it.2013 is a new year which is a year all of us spent the doomsday safely .We have healthy body,family, friends and work.Those are lucky things.Please cherish our life.

Have a happy day

Nana
nanachen
Silver Member

Postby Neringa » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,
I would like to know how you learn English.
Neringa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion