EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are people happier in hot countries?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Postby Trylala » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I read somewhere that hormones responsible for good mood is produced better when there are a lot of sunny days. So, I agree that people living in hot countries are more happy than people living in Ukraine (for example).
Trylala

Postby Krisi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Yes, because the climate/weather has an effect on our mood. Since there are very few indoor activities that could keep us physically and mentally fit in the winter there is a tendency for us to be more depressed and feel so down and unhappy. Also, in cold countries, human (our) bodies still get a good supply of energy from the food we eat but we consumed less so, I think this imbalance affect our mood and make us feel so unhappy
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby asgharloo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:14 pm

it is proven that people are living in hot countries are happier, the light of sun makes people talkative , outgoing and sociable.
I live in Tehran the city which have four season , our winter are not so cold as in Russia or Finland.
But you can see people that have more fun in summer and do most of their journey in summer and spring .
Studies shows that Finish people and others who live in cold area of the world are more isolated and less happier than who live in hot location.
In south of our county the weather is hotter and more humid and southern people are known for being gregarious and outdoor.
It is obvious that when the weather is cold people like to be in home to not feeling the coldness.
asgharloo

Postby Krisi » Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 pm

one thing sure and true, it's difficult to talk or smile in the cold climate... it's as if my facial muscles are frozen too... and the elasticity of the skin on our faces change too. :-D
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby nounounkn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:15 pm

It depends by the climate of your hearts...
nounounkn

Postby Elearner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:17 am

In my opinion, happiness can or can't be evaluated on such a weather condition, however, there are some people who actually live on a 'summer weather' places get used to it, and the results are obvious- they’re happy. I think the weather relation to happiness is a broad topic that can simplify in to a simple answer- it depends on what the person really like. That simple answer can also be divided in to many aspects that co-relates about definition of happiness. Some of the examples can be; birth place of the person, where person grew up, medical condition or the most common reason that I’ve heard- want some changes.

Furthermore, most of those people who’ll tell you that they more like it to live in hot places, where the ones who are used to live in a cold places, or not so hot outdoor community are have more liking in a place where they can do new things that can’t be done before. In the end, my answer response to this post, happiness can be evaluated depending on their reason.

Note: It’s my first time to post a response on this website. Please do understand my ‘bad’ English. I’m still on the process on improving my English literacy (especially on grammar).
Elearner

Postby pravejprk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:30 am

whether is not a question .some people r like hot and some like cold
i think mixed whether is good for our mind & body. only hot doing dipressed us and is not well for work. in india whether is mixed so we r feeling better
pravejprk

Postby AHMADSASA » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 am

ginny wrote:
TP wrote:Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?

That's completely incorrect! Being happy or not does not depend on where you live. It just depends on yourself!

i agree with you , since i live in a hot country and we have a lot of depressed people . and i have a friend who live in a very cold country in the most time of the year , and his country has the same issue .. so it depend on you to happy or not
AHMADSASA

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion