Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

nanachen
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by nanachen »

Hi,everyone

I'm back.After my holiday,I come back our big families.I found a amazing thing----it is our post is the most replies and views in this forum.There is 950 replies in one year,it means nearly 3 replies an average day.We exert ourselves and show ourselves not in our native language.It's bravo!Thank you everyone,thank you 2012.

Best wish

Nana
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

My Friend Behnam,
Thank you for bearing me in your mind. I am still alive, writing from bottom of a well. In fact I have mired in a swamp. I was asked to extend my working scope ,I was transferred to a new office which is far from my home, consider myself as a commuter .of course I receive money more than before . My boss (God destroys his home) ordered me to be in the new office more than before, and I rejected him, so he threaded me by employee of new person and firing me . What was the alternative, I chose the first one , I rejected him and come back home.
But what can I do with my boss at home , She called him and asked him to forgive me and let me come back to work. I came back by force ,bow my head in deathly silent . the last alternative is the gallows robe
Good Luck
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mathematician Wael,

Many thanks for giving some information about yourself. You are a creative person. You will be successful in your life. May God give you what you wish(and there is something good for you=خيراً لكم).

Thank you once again for visiting this thread regularly and putting posts in it. Please keep on it and make the thread active. Some challenging topics encourage people to make comments. This leads to serious discussion and challenges. When I was young(before getting married, I was young. Marriage makes a man old. I guess you know the reason. Married man is like a lion in prison! You might have seen that children play with the tail of lions in zoo. Well, when lions are behind the bars(fence) they are not that much dangerous! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

As you can see, I am introducing a challenging topic. I am quite sure that my words will provoke some women to have reactions. They may not put comments, or may put(nobody knows, because they are unpredictable! hehehehe..again... :lol: :lol: :lol: ), but I am sure these words will make their brain cells active for a while.

You are not alone here. My dear friend Mohsen is always ready for serious discussion. I will also join you after the exam.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Nana,

Welcome back my dear friend? How are you? How is life? I hope all is going well with you.

Oh dear Nana, would you mind telling me what the differences between this Nana and the previous one are? :lol: :lol: :lol: After getting married, women change! Could you write about some changes? :lol: :lol: :lol: {-: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 27 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

Welcome back my dear brother and old friend! How are you? I hope you are fine.

You cannot imagine how happy I was when I saw your post. Your sentences made me laugh. Thank you very much for bringing happiness.

It seems your domestic boss is more effective than the other one. :-D As well as you she could have effects on your employer! So wonderful! Your story reminded me something that I'd read in one of the "Jalal Al Ahmad's"(may god bless him!) books. I guess it was "Roshanfekran". I've read it many years ago; maybe 18 years ago! My mother still has got it. He has written something like this in the book: "It is amazing, it always seems mysterious to me that in this area of the world(Third World) women make decision about men's jobs." He has used a bad-worded phrase. I prefer not to write it straightforwards. He believed that women pull strings secretly. Imagine, someone from your wife's family was the manager of a company or was a high-ranked person in a governmental organization. You weren't anxious(worried) about being jobless. The only thing you needed was asking your wife to make a phone call to that famous guy, and then washing his brain with some womanish words. In almost all cases, women's words work! :lol: :lol:

You are a wise Esfahani man. I am sure, you have used this strategy in coping with the problem. :lol: Wise men kill two birds with one stone. They marry to socially effective women(In farsi 'khanevade galle gonde' something like 'big-headed family'. But, I think 'big-headed' is a word-for-word translation. It doesn't mean the thing I am saying. I haven't got dictionary to look it up right now.)

Let me make it a little bit clear, then to make it useful for young boys who may read this post. Every place has got its special language. An individual who wants to be successful in a society must know the language of the society well. In some regions money plays the role of the language. In some of them, big families(famile dom koloft in Farsi) play the role of the language. In some nations, both of them are necessary for someone to achieve his goals. The languages of this part of the globe is two Ps(Pull va Party=money and pulling strings)! A successful man should take these two important factors(languages) into consideration when getting married(It is better to say 'when making friends with girls' since young generations don't know what marriage is! :lol: :lol: {-: {-: )

Oh wise Mohsen; I feel jealous of you! :lol: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 27 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

It is not fair to forget writing something to you. How are you? I hope you are enjoying every minute of your life.

I do care about you. You are always in my thoughts. How can I forget you? You are one of the most effective people in my life. I do love the friendship we both have established about 5 years ago. I DO care about it. There are many memories in my mind from this wonderful friendship. They will be kept by me forever. Nothing can make me forget them, since they have formed my characteristics. Can I forget myself? Nobody can forget himself/herself. That's a proven fact. I just can say "Thank you for being my friend. I feel proud of you."

I hope our friendship will last forever. After getting married, you may stop writing, emailing, chatting. That's alright. But, I will think of you as a good friend until my dying day. This feeling won't damage your life. I am a religious person. I know what wrong and right is! Therefore, you don't need to worry about anything.

I loudly and proudly repeat this sentence: Elham is my good friend!

All the best,
Behnam, 27 Jnauary, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Amal,

How are you? I hope all is great there.

These days you are busy with mathematics, students and teaching. You spend less time on your friends. Recently, you are acting like scientists or philosophers. You put some quotations which give lessons to ordinary people(me included). :lol: Thank you very much for teaching. Please go on this rewarding job. :lol:

There is nothing to me in your posts. I guess, students are going to delete me out from your life. When I was reading your delightful poems, I got jealous of that effective guy with great impression on you! I really enjoyed reading those wonderful sentences.

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Behnam,

Thanks for your recent posts full of energy to all friends. Thanks for remembering me and finding a reason to write to me too; to be fair! :lol:

You're post was very kind to me, I really enjoyed reading it. You have always been so kind and gentle to your friends, specially to me. This is me who have to be proud, not you!
Now, after having so many great experiences in friendship with you, you've turned to be so
valuable to me.
When we first plant a sapling, it's important for us, we have to take good care of it and provide it with everything it needs (as water, soil, light, food,....) to let it grow well. But after some years when it is a complete fruitful tree, it turns to be so valuable. We love it as we love our family members.After giving it so much care and attention day and night,after providing us with so many benefits,after spending so much time with it, it gets so precious to us!
I'm just explaining it to make it a little more clear what I mean by this word"valuable"! I'm just trying to express what I feel about your friendship and your presence in my life.Your place in my heart is just like my family members'! :-)

Yesterday I bought a very lovely Rose for my sister; it's just before my eyes now. Let me gift it's
beauty,freshness and Succulence to you my dear friend.

Wish you peace of mind and success in your studies*
Elham
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Behnam,

How are you, my great friend?

Oh Dear, it seems that you had a lot of free time so you could write to us.. Emm, OR, maybe you were tired of study and you wanted to have some time!!! Anyway, please be always on touch with us.

Oh MY GOD! Who is the ordinary person???????!!!!!!! YOU???!!!! Come on! You aren't an ordinary person at all since you are in my mind every minute, isn't enough for being unordinary??!! :lol: :lol:

Oh dear you can't imagine how happy I was when I saw your post to Elham and Elham's reply too!!! I am very glad in fact. Wish you the best my best friends and I hope you friendship will last forever inshallah...

Behnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will kill you!!!! Are you sure that there is no post from me to you?????!!!! Emmm :-(

My dirty minded friend, to whom do you think that poem was???!!! :lol:
I am sure that you are smart enough to know that it was for you and there is NO guy can leave a great impression on me as you do!

Thanks for writing to me, I really love your words.
Best wishes,
Amal
grincas

Post by grincas »

Hi dear friend Behnam ,I want to begin my message with your words:
As soon as you say bye to someone s/he forgets you. Saying goodbye is like closing a window on the computer! Saying bye is like deleting a file.
What a true thought .Unfortunately today is communication day ,but as you implied our understanding of communication is mechanic ,As you said saying goodbye is like a deleting file, I think like you.It is nonsense ,but people behave like that.I m very sad but this is true. I have to accept their unfaitful behaviours as it is. When someone shut the window and delete me , my heart, my soul are filled with hate and sorrow .Hate kills my happiness.At that situations ,I m trying to do my best to overcome it.As you said saying goodbye is like closing a window. Unfortunately ,that s true,I have lots of experiences and feel it deeply.In addition to this , ı always face this kind of behaviours in friendship even with family members . Where are we going dear ? Is it the end of world? As you said LOVE MAKES THE UNIVERSE TURN AROUND, What a wonderful sentences. Dear I appreciate you sincerely thanks to your thoughts, thanks to your heart and I belive that compassion will kills the cruel side of human being.Allah is almight ,if we teslim etmek by heart.
best wishes dear friend it s late but ı want to write something on your message:)
Grincas
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

WOW!

Post by behnam »

WOW!

What shall I write? How can I show you my feelings now? Right now, my feelings cannot be described by words! Words are really disable to describe it as it is.

A few minutes ago, I opened the mailbox and I saw an email from an old friend. This friend is in Spain. She used to write in the previous 'let's learn together!'. I had nothing from her for about 2 years. Her email surprised me. I was eager and impatient to read it. Then I opened it. Here are some words at the beginning of her email:
Hello my dear lovely easterner friend!!
How are you?? How is life going??
You think your westerner friend Rosa forgot you, im sure you think so, but...thats not true dear. I remember you quite frequently......... You know, my life changed. I married and now Im a MUM!! As im sure you know me, you know that I am veeeeery happy with it. I loved to become a mum, I found the proper man to form a family with and this is what I did. .... i gave birth in october,.....I could see the face of my little baby, my newborn, part of me...and I cried a lot. What a feeling!! My baby is a boy, he is healthy, beautiful, smiling face as his mum... Now, he takes most of my time. Im in motherhood vacancy, i will come back to school next march, and I dont know if I will survive being apart even a few hours...
Some parts of her email have been deleted on purpose. I am crying now. There are tears in my eyes. Oh my God! What an understanding person! This person values humanity and friendship. THIS is the meaning of humanity!

When we were chatting, I used to tell her she is a westerner, then she doesn't care about friendship. I used to say, "Rosa, your materialist philosophy has taken some nice emotions and values from human beings. She used to disagree, as you can see the greeting of her email is addressing this matter clearly. Her third sentence again mentions to this matter. Anyway, I am very, very, very happy now.

For people who don't know about Rosa I should say she is an English teacher in Spain. She teaches English at school. Many years ago, when she was preparing for her job entry exam, I helped her with English. If you see some errors in her sentences, it is because of using mobile phone on the one hand, and being away from English for a quite long time, on the other hand. It is also an informal friendly email. Her English is excellent.

I wanted to share my happiness with you. I don't know whether I am right or wrong with copying and pasting some parts of her email in this place. However, I wanted to give some indirect lessons to my old friends who left me without leaving footprints. What they did is the exact meaning of cruelty. }: }: }: }: }:

All the best,
Behnam, 29 Jnauary, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Behnam,

How are you?

Wow! What a great news! Thanks for sharing Rosa's mail with us, it made me very happy! Congratulation dear Rosa!
I wish her the best and I really wish in the future she had some free time to write here and tell us about her experience...

Dear, you are unforgetable friend so I am sure that your old friends haven't forgot you but maybe there are somethings which prevents them from being in touch... Look, I am not claiming that they aren't cruel or wrong but whatever I am saying is to give them an excuse.
For sure you are in their hearts. Well, maybe you would say bieng in their hearts isn't enough. It isn't! But believe me it's better than forgetting all about you.

Dear, I really wanted to discuss this thing with you more but forgive me I am not in a good mood for that... Today my father went for his work as usual but he returned immediately because they told him that the terrorists yesterday attacked the place. :-(
Is killing innocent employees called freedom or set us free???!!!!! What a fake freedom!!!

Please dear, ask god to keep my father safe cause we can't live without him...
I don't want to speak more about politics things so I will end my post.

Wish you the best,
Amal
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

WELCOME!

Post by behnam »

Hi Shahrbanu(Grincas),

Welcome to this thread! Many thanks for joining us. Your post made me extremely happy.

First of all, I'd like to introduce you to my friends. I wish you had written something about yourself. In your next post, please write something about yourself.

Dear friends, Shahrbanu is a very kind and polite lady from Turkey. I met her in the chat room on Englishclub. You all know that I am very careful when it comes to making friends with people. My friends are special. Therefore, Shahrbanu is also an especial person with great personality. I've found her so kind and affective that I asked her to join us in this place. She has accepted my request. Fortunately, she is with us now. I hope we will have lasting friendship with together.

You may find her first post a little bit different. It should be said that her post is written in replying to a message that I'd recently sent her through Englishclub.

Dear Shahrbanu, now let me tell you something about friends in this place. As you can see from couple of pages, many people have participated in putting comment or post here. Some of them are regular post writers. I am going to write something about them. I hope they will introduce themselves as complete as possible.

Dear Elham is an Iranian kind and wise girl. She is an active friend. As her posts imply, she is an emotional golden-hearted person. I am sure you have many things in common with Elham. Talking with Elham will make you calm and relaxed.

Dear Amal is a Syrian soft-hearted girl. She is kind and easygoing. She is sweet-tempered. Talking with her will remove your sadness. In fact, she is a sadness remover! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Mohsen is an Iranian clever man. He is creative and supportive. He is polite and loyal. He is a reliable person.

Dear Nana is a Chinese lady. As all Chinese people, she is sweet and friendly. She values friendship.

Dear Wael is a Syrian man. He is mathematician. He has got a wonderful personality. He is polite and good-tempered. He is perfect at poems.

Dear Shahrbanu, there are other people in the thread. Some of them only read our posts. Some others make comments in case they are in the mood for writing. Don't worry! You will get the hang of this place soon. You should know that we have been writing in 'Let's learn together!' for 5 years! Do you believe it? Yes, we have started writing in 2007(December) on http://WWW.English-at-home.com. For some reasons, we had to leave that site. Thanks to the great attempts and efforts of dear Elham, the result of our activities on that site has become 4 pdf files which are uploaded on http://WWW.scribd.com. If you go to that site and search for 'Let's learn together', you may find them.

Dear Shahrbanu, Please share something with us whenever you have time. If you were looking somewhere to empty your heart, this thread is a right one. In this place, we are not interested in politics and religion. Other topics; no matter how challenging they are, are always welcomed.

I wish you happy moments in this thread. I hope to read more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

FLOWERS CANNOT STAND UNKINDNESS AND VIOLENCE!

Post by behnam »

Hi Amal,

Thank you very much for your post. I am always worried about my Syrian friends. Your posts make me calm. Please do not put us unaware(newsless!=لا اخبار=bikhabar; khabarsiz :lol: ) of yourself.

Definitely, Rosa's email made me happy. I used to complain about the cruelty of the world and getting old. However, her post raised my self-confidence. Now, I think I am still young! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I personally condemn the violence and cruelty in any shapes. It puts the safety of a society at risk. I hope your country will get rid of this problem, and causing damage to cities will be ended soon.

I am always keeping my fingers crossed for your people.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 January, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Behnam,

I got very happy hearing about Rosa's news. I always was happy that she was a member of our group and enjoyed her posts a lot. I wish she hadn't left us that way. Anyway I hope this beautiful lovely woman a great happy life beside her family. :-)

I also miss dear Veronica.She seems to be in the New-York now. She had put message for me and sent all friends kiss and hug.
It's so sad that such lovely women ( Veronica, Marina,Rosa, and that Italian lady whose name I don't remember!) left us. I loved all of them very very much.I wish we could have the same old friendly gathering we used to have! :-(
I really enjoyed their presence and words.Women truly resemble sweet-smelling flowers, they make life beautiful. I am sure not only men, but also women themselves get energy from pleasant sweet AND calming presence of these flowers! Wowwwwwww, I'm a fresh nice flower too,aooooooooooooooooh :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is here and life is beautiful* :-D :-D :-D

Best wishes
Elham
Trinti

Let's learn together!

Post by Trinti »

A grammar rule which says that the superlative of adjectives goes with the definite article "The". Thus a question like this would be incorrect: "Is there a best school around here?" Instead, we would ask: "Is there a good school?'' and then " Which is the best school?"

Trinti!
nanachen
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nanachen »

Dear Behnam,

How's it going? How are your babies?

Yes,after marriage,I have to change.I become a diligent housekeeper.Because the chinese lunar New Year is coming,I had to wipe the windows ,mop the floor, sweep the ceiling.At true, all of this work was done by my mother before.Now I joined in a new family,I take place of the character of my mother in her family.Besides this,I had to face many bills such as water and electricity,property management fee and so on.My wallet is reducing.The import thing is to giving red envelopes to children when you marry is a Chinese tradition for lunar New Year.This year is the first year that I give red envelopes to children of my relatives ,my friends,my colleague.You can guess,my one month salary disappear again.Everything made me scorched by the flames.

Good luck

Nana
nanachen
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nanachen »

Dear Mohsen,

I hope your everything is good.Though you don't like your new office,you should learn to accept it.2013 is a new year which is a year all of us spent the doomsday safely .We have healthy body,family, friends and work.Those are lucky things.Please cherish our life.

Have a happy day

Nana
Neringa

Post by Neringa »

Hi everyone,
I would like to know how you learn English.
Neringa

Post by Neringa »

Hi Trinti
I see you are also a new member in this forum. Maybe we could exchange our experience of teaching and learning English.
grincas

Post by grincas »

hi dear friends ,I m the new member of this thread. I m from Turkey and I m trying to be a teacher.My first message seems quite different:) sorry for that. I really want to share something and learn something from you. I need to revise my English ,so I find this thread very helpful. I will be happy ,if you welcome me. I need your suggests and advices ...
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,

I hope everything is going well with you. One week break , relax because of university holiday, enjoy it.
Don't fancy that that a rich family is behind my wife, the story is that my boss and I were living in a neighbour for some years. We rarely had intercourse for some times. So we know each other well.
Be sure that men never let women make decision about men's domain. But it is a good strategy that sometimes men hid behind the women, in fact it is a policy for a man who is in predicament.
Man is intolerant ,so a woman can play her role.
Of course I don't suggest my wife for such a work ,but if she insists on it ,or do it hiddenly ,I don't object her .
Good Luck,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Trinti,

Welcome to this place! Thank you very much for sharing a useful grammar point with us. We are some learners from different countries and we are learning English through writing and reading. We would be happy if we could have you in our community. Writing has helped me learn grammar and spelling. In fact, effective writing needs using correct structures. When people care about the grammar of English in their writings, they learn it; because 'practice makes perfect'.

Would you please give us some information about yourself? I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 3 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Neringa,

Welcome to this thread! Thank you very much for joining us. As I wrote to Trinti, we are some learners and we take every opportunity to improve our English. Therefore, people who have some experience in teaching or learning English can be very useful for us. We appreciate your presence in this place and are ready to learn from your posts. In particular, I am sitting for an important exam in March. One the exam modules is English. In that module, the majority of questions are either directly or indirectly related to vocabulary. I am terrible at memorizing new words. I forget them easily. Many years ago, I studied '504 Absolutely Essential Words', which is a famous book when it comes to practising vocabulary. However, as a nice English proverb says 'you lose it if you don't use it'; I lost what I learned. I am working on that book again. Right now, it is open on the desk. :lol: Any advice on making the range of vocabulary large, and most importantly, keeping them in mind? You may say, "well, use them!", but how? They are some strange words. Even native English speakers don't use them in their everyday conversations! :lol:

By the way, would you mind introducing yourself?

All the best,
Behnam, 3 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Nana,

Thank you very much for encouraging me , yes I have healthy body and good friends , so I am sure that I will have a promising future ,it is not a compliment ,it is a fact that when we have a healthy body ,decent family and good friends we have happiness and well-fare.
My criticism was against lack of time for living , because I think that working is the vain time that doesn't count a life.
Happy new year to you , I know that from 2/2/2013 the China in holiday for two weeks. Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Dear Nana , how much is the price of gold in China ? In Iran it is a custom that when the couple want to marry , bridegroom should buy a set gold for the groom. At present it is a big problem for the young people who want to marry . do you have such a custom in China?
Good Luck,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Neringa and grincas ,

Hi and welcome to this forum , It is a good idea to improve your English , in fact all people in this forum have the similar goal , We can extend our abilities in English writing skills by writing to each other .

Many people prefer to write about culture and their own country . My country is I R of Iran with 75000000 population , We are speaking Farsi ( Persian) , the people of Iran are Muslim , Iran history return 2500 years ago and we have a lot of historical places which attract many tourists from all over the world to visit there.

Iran is also rich in oil and Gas , there are many oil well in south and south west of Iran ,also there are many oil rigs in Persian Gulf which are belong to Iran.
Please write about yourself and your country.

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Grincas,

WELCOME to this thread! Thank you for joining us. I am sure, we will help each other learn many things. I believe, Learning English is one of the benefits of this community. I've learned many many things from my friends. In my opinion, every person is a book. If we read them, we will learn some interesting things from them. The most important matter is reading(=making friendship and keeping it). I am not boasting, but I can claim that I am good at keeping friendship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 3 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Grincas, Neringa and Trinti,

How are you?

Welcome to this thread!

It's so nice to meet new friends from different countries. Please write more about your traditions and customs.

Dear Mohsen had written about his country "Iran" so I am going to write about mine "Syria"...

Syria is a country in Western Asia covers an area of 185,180 km2. Syria's neighboring countries are Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Palestine and Lebanon. It consists of 14 provinces and the capital is Damascus which is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world.

Syria has a traditional society with a long cultural history. Importance is placed on family, religion, education and self-discipline and respect. The Syrians are very kind, peaceful and helpful people. In Syria there was the first alphabet by The Phoenicians which discovered in Ugarit (modern Ras-Shamra)..

the climate in Syria is mild and the nature is wonderful. there are a lot of different magical places. For example, the northwest part is bordering the Mediterranean and it's full of green areas and mountains, in the northeast of the country you can enjoy the beauty of the desert. On the other hand, there are a lot of famous historical places which Tourists from all over the world come to see.
I really recommend you to visit Syria because it's one of the wonderful places in the world.

*All the love to our country, proud to be Syrian.

Best wishes,
Amal
nanachen
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nanachen »

Dear Mohsen,

Thank you for reply.Yes,we will have a Chinese New Year holiday which is a important festival for all of chinese.Many people who work in the other place will come back their country in any case .As a result,there are many many people in the train ,in the air,in the bus.This is a migrate which is called "spring move".I have only a week not two weeks.It is from Feb 9 to Feb 15.

As you talk about the gold problem,there is a different custom in China.In the south of China,especially in Guangdong and Hongkongk,bridegroom only buy a gold or PT ring for the groom.The bridegroom's mother will buy a gold bracelet ,a gold necklace and a gold ring for the groom.What is the custom in Iran?

Best regards

Nana
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Nana,
Hope you enjoy your holiday , do you eat different kind of pastries ,cookies, cakes and chocolates during your holiday ?

One of the Iranian 's custom is meeting their relatives during the new year holiday and eating sweet things ,nuts at the home.

The custom of marriage in Iran is different , but generally when bridegroom and bride go to the market ,the bridegroom should buy a set of gold for the bride ,a box which contains ring ,necklace, bracelet and ear ring ,also he buys different dresses , shoes.
In my city bridegroom buys shoe for all members of bride's family.
One night the bridegroom's family goes to the bride's home and deliver all of the things ,gold , shoes, dresses , to the bride in special ceremony.
B.Wishes
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mohsen,

How are you?

I was reading your posts to Nana but an idea stopped me... In your post you said: "the bridegroom buys shoe for all members of bride's family". Why?! What is the point of that?!

Well, I would understand if you said that he buys shoes for the bride, because she would wear them for him but buying them for her family???!!! that is really strange!

Please can you explain that for me or maybe dear Elham can do it..

thanks in advanced. :-)

Best wishes.
Amal
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi there

Post by Kamelia »

Dear All Friends,

A big hello to all my dear friends posting here. I hope that everyone is doing fine. Actually it has been a long time since I had to quit writing here. I do not know what to write now and how to start, so you might want to take my sincere apologies into consideration if I seem so lame :-D

The first time I posted something here there were few people writing, but now I see there are a lot of English maniacs (no offense, it is a friendly adjective :-P ) who want to write and improve their skills. I really envy the ones who used to write here while I could not and that I guess I missed a lot of happy and sad moments here among my loveliest friends.

Oh did I just do it? Did I started? :-D I cannot believe it. I am writing this post to say that I want to be in from now on, and to write whenever I had access to this www! :-D

Best Wishes,

P.S. Big hello to dear Mohsen, lovely Ellie, sweet Amal

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Behnam

Post by Kamelia »

Dear Behnam the Great,

Hiiii there. How are you doing ostad? How is everything with you? Do you know how much I have missed writing to you? Do you know how much I have missed those days that I could regularly write in here?

How is the family? Now you are the Big Daddy :-D Big congratulations again. I know the kids would be great scientists, I see it from here! :-D

You know the reason I could not write, well the guess what? I passed konkuuuuuur LOL but hopefully just passed! I do not really know about the results. omumi part was normal, ekhtesasi was too meticulous. The only thing that makes me happy is that I am sure I tried my best and never was lazy this year. Whenever I found time, I tried to study. You know that I really want this by all my heart and I have tried, the rest is with God to help!
Oh and I am also prepared for any tragic consequences. I have thought of trying looking for a job in an institute if I had to study for another year, so...uhhh hard to say anything about future, ey?

So how is everything with you? I have just started reading novels and articles all over again. This is really my very best hobby in this tiny dormitory.

Before writing to you I could think of a gazillion topics to write about but now...my mind just slipped LOL

Hope to read from you so soon,
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Amal,

Hope you are doing well,
I think that each custom has a root in the history, but I really don't know why some customs were generated. When the boy as bridegroom buys some pairs of shoes for his wife , his wife's mother , his wife ground mother , his wife's sisters, he wants to offer his respect to his wife's family . he loves his wife , he loves his wife family , so he presents them the gift. You know when people love someone, they show their love by giving, flowers and gift.
I don't like to follow the predecessors. I bought a VCD radio tape recorder as gift to my wife's mother, and a camera for my wife's sister, her grandmother had been died ,God blesses her {-;

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome!

Post by behnam »

Hi Kamelia,

How are you? I hope all is going well with you. Welcome back to your own home! Thank you for keeping the friendship going. That's very kind of you.

Oh, congratulations! You have taken Master Exam! I am sure you will be successful. You have tried your best. It is said that trying hard is the secret key of all success.Therefore, you will pass the exam successfully. Where are you going to study MA?

As you may know, on 18th Esfand( in 7th or 8th of March. Maybe none of them! hehehehe, I haven't checked!) I am sitting for PhD exam. One the modules is 'The English Language'. I have not studied for it. I've focused on my professional subjects which are directly related to Physics.

What should I do with English? How can I prepare myself for the exam? Have you got any suggestions? How can you help me(as an English student, you are supposed to help me, aren't you?)

I am not sure, but according to some friends who have taken the PhD exam in previous years, the English module includes 20 questions about grammar and structure; 20 questions about vocabulary, 20 questions about reading passages,...( 100 questions I guess! WOW, I am not sure about the distribution of questions and the number! I haven't checked the modules yet.!!!)

Oh, tonight, I am going to have a glimpse at the module. Almost all the friends, who have already sat for PhD exam, are complaining about the difficulty of questions! Someone said he couldn't find some of the words even in dictionaries! Oh my God! As everybody knows, a language is like an ocean; deep, wide and vast. Learning a language is like scanning an ocean with a needle. How can we do that? It is really impossible!

Anyway, it seems some silly people are making decision about the method of testing and the sort of questions. I always say to my students; "Surely, I am going to see what you have learned or what you know. There is no need to check what you don't know. If Someone checks to find out what we don't know, he/she will find a lot. Testing people is like analyzing their characteristics. If you look for some dirt(weaknesses) you will find a lot. So, we should look for goodness, although it is scarce." In other words, the philosophy of exams is seeing what the learners have learned. However, apparently, everything is upside down in this part of the globe! Hehehehe...

After this criticism, I think I should tell you quite straightforwardly that I need your help. I don't know how! You MUST help me! This is one of the basic rules of friendship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am waiting for you suggestions and advice. I hope I will receive the reply of this post earlier than 18th ESfand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 11 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Kamelia,

Pleasure to meet your post, as you said you haven't time to be here because you were studying for entrance university exam , I hope you receive a good grade and continue you studying for M.A. What is the major you'v chosen for M.A.?
You are right I am an English maniac, but many things distracted my mind, one day I forget my home phone No. I should be checked up for Alzheimer. I don't know is it common someone forgets his home phone No.or post Code? I lose my confidence when I see my situation. So much ID and password , and 20 Bank Cards, petrol Card, National ID Card, Shop card , Guarantee Cards….so on. Electronic life.
Have you ever forgot your close friend's name , your home No.?

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Oh look who's here! Dear, sweet Kami, Wowwwww

Hi honey, as always I read your posts eagerly and excitedly. I know always that Kami has so many sweet lovable stuff in her writings that I enjoy a lot! :-D

Congratulations honey on making your best attempt for the exam.In my opinion,nothing is more enjoyable and valuable than finding out one's interest and trying best to be good at it! Having known your interest in life and working hardly on it, you are definitely on the right track! Congratulations dear Kami.

Thanks for your lovely presence and spreading such pleasant smell in the atmosphere of the thread. Hope to hear from you a loooooooooot more. :-)

All the best
Eli
ushar

Post by ushar »

hello sir..l wanna learn..good english n my speach breakes when l talk...can anyone help me ..where is thread related to english..thank u
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mohsen,

Many thanks for your explanation, your gifts were really good , good choice! {-;

Here in Damascus we don't have such custom, the bridegroom just buy a set of gold -of course its value depend on how rich he is or what the bride's family wants!- :-D

Most of the times when the bridegroom comes to visit his bride at her father's home, he brings gifts for HER only "maybe he does that just to show her how generous and romantic he is, but of course all that disappears after marriage!" :lol: Why do you think??!! Do you think that he is fooling her?! :lol:

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Welcome back Kami, wish you the best with your results!
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy Valentin's Day!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

This is just to say 'Happy Valentin's Day' to You! I want you to be happy all the time.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

Behi jooooooooooon
Happy Valentin's day to YOU.
Kiss YOU.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Kindness!

Post by behnam »

Hi Amoure,

How are you? I hope your life is filled with joy and happiness. Thank you for your friendly message. Happy Valentin's Day to YOU too!

There is a fountain pen in my shirt pocket; always filled with Royal Blue German Pelikan ink! Its colour is violet. The colour attracts people's attention. Many friends of mine have tried to take it, but I never give this pen to anybody! I love it and its colour very much. The brand is Parker; a very famous one.

I guess it was 7 years ago; in November 2006, I entered the virtual world(=the Net) in order to practise English. I clearly remember the first person who sent me PM(private message) when I was in a chat room. Good old days!

Those two small stories told you to make this conclusion: Time goes, everything goes, we also go, but love and kindness are everlasting!

All the best,

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

Behi joooooooooooooooon;
midooni cheghadr geroon shode oon?!!!!!!!! shookhi kardam.man hamishe dooset daram oonam b sabke faransavi!!!!!!!!!vaghti delet tang mishe chi mishe shoma tamas begiri?!!!!!!! hamishe man bayad biam?
miboosamet faravoon:))))))
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I am always available!

Post by behnam »

Dear Amoure,

There is something special about me; being always available for friends. Some people don't care about others. I always say to my friends that even solid things have feelings. But, some people are so cruel. They don't care about human rights! They impose emotional sanction on others! hehehehehe...

Have some feelings instead of speaking about its price! Man narahat nemisham, but speaking about price is not dar shane you! Hehehehehe...

Man ke hamishe injam(I am always here, easily available)!

By the way, you should know, women are more emotional(then kinder) than men. Taking this factor into consideration you will find me a different man, more emotional than other men. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

:lol: :lol:
Ey joonam Behi ehsasati.
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

I have three precious books in my bookshelf. I love them so much. They are valuable to me not for they are expensive but for they are gifted to me by a very lovely friend. First pages of the books are covered by a very wonderful handwriting and the comments are written by a fountain pen! :-D
Through lines I read kindness and affection of the writer. Definitely the writer has a heart of gold. Reading comments, I'm always filled with joy and feel proud of my awesome friend.

I'm writing this post to tell my friend a big :

*Happy Valentin's Day*
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

<3 Happy Valentin's Day <3
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Happy Valentin's Day to the person who has always drown a smile on face and supported me, the great Behnam.

Happy Valentin's Day to my sister and my best best best friend who has always been with me, dearest Elham.

I love you a looooooooooot, many thanks for making my life easier and happier. :)

Best wishes,
Amal
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

My dear Amal,

Having seen your wonderful crochet works on facebook, I'm here to tell you a heartfelt
"HAPPY Valentine's Day!" :-D

Honey, you are doing great on crocheting. Before you told me you were taking crocheting class, I had thought about it and asked my aunt to find a good class for me to attend . But I'm in hurry; how many things can I do in the same time? One by one... :lol: Seeing your works, my interest for doing this job even doubles! I really enjoy seeing them, it motivates me more and more.

Thanks for your very kind post to us; Behnam and me! For sure this great feeling of friendship is mutual between us. You have the heart of a sparrow, you are soooooo pure and kind. Thanks for being our friend.

Take care o yourself and your gentle fingers; don't make them too tired* :-)

Love,
Elham