EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Elham » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:05 am

My dear Amal,

Having seen your wonderful crochet works on facebook, I'm here to tell you a heartfelt
"HAPPY Valentine's Day!" :-D

Honey, you are doing great on crocheting. Before you told me you were taking crocheting class, I had thought about it and asked my aunt to find a good class for me to attend . But I'm in hurry; how many things can I do in the same time? One by one... :lol: Seeing your works, my interest for doing this job even doubles! I really enjoy seeing them, it motivates me more and more.

Thanks for your very kind post to us; Behnam and me! For sure this great feeling of friendship is mutual between us. You have the heart of a sparrow, you are soooooo pure and kind. Thanks for being our friend.

Take care o yourself and your gentle fingers; don't make them too tired* :-)

Love,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

I've missed YOU!

Postby behnam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi Amal,

The story of missing friends is endless. I've missed you terribly. I check the thread and the mailbox frequently to see a sign from friends, to pacify myself, but nothing on the horizon! You know, a kindness is put there, in the deep layers of heart. It doesn't go out; as long as I am alive!

Comparing to other days, Friday afternoons are different in that on Fridays; in the afternoons, I am about to die of missing friends. Oh, nobody can understand how I feel-how I am-when I miss my friends.

Let me cry like clouds. Don't blame me for impatience. Mountains are wailing. Oceans are tempestuous. Why? Friends are miles away!

I just revealed some small senses of nostalgia for good old days in the past with friends. The deeper levels of distress cannot be shown by words. How do people feel when they cut their fingers with a cutter when; for instance, they are peeling or dicing potatoes? My heart feels that pain long, as if you cut your fingers again and again! How do people feel when a thorn penetrates their body? My heart feels this sharp pain long.

Oh, let's cease wailing!

Thank you for your friendly message.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 February, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Kamelia » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 am

Hi there Behnam,

How are you doing? How's the life of "Big Daddy Konkuri" going? :-D Oh I am hoping very well!
Yeaaaaah took the exam and I feel so0o0om fresh now, like I want to a devour a veeeery big library of amusing literary novels that I postponed reading.
Oh dear, I have taken lots of exams during these years and tell you what, NONE were standardized except the TOEFL or IELTS or SAT samples(oh and the test for the Testing and Teaching courses) Almost none! And you want to know why? Because all these books written about testing materials, organizing test formats and the pretesting are mere slogans! Mere slogans! They never get anything out of it except pushing the students to study the Testing book and then take its "exam"!
The M.A was almost to test our memories rather than the literary skills and their application in the actual material. THREE questions were dedicated to " how does the poem bla bla start?"! Can you imagine this? THREE!
Uh what do I say! There is a lot to complain and no one to listen, and I am afraid you might get dizzy :-D

Oh Ostaaaad, ostaaaaad, come on! The same trick again? kami how is my English? :-D I would not fall for that this time! Your English module, especially for YOU, would not even need a re-reading!
You will be fine I promise!
Our omumi part was kind of like yours. 20 grammar, 20 vocab, 10 close test, 20 reading comprehension! Hehe, there was a VERY obvious flaw about the comprehension part and guess what it was?! In Testing methodology it is said that the range of questions begins with easy, medium then hard! And guess how were the three readings represented to us? A little hard, TOO hard, VERY simple, like a real novice could also answer that!

I am only helping you with a piece of advise and that would be read vocabulary as much as you can because they know that M.A or PhD test takers got way too much problems with this part!

Oh and one last thing, what is all the story of fountain pens and writings? Almost everyone's got a post on that :-D

Hope to read from you so soon,

Kamelia
Silver Member

Don't put me in a daze!

Postby behnam » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Kami,

Many thanks for your reply, although it is sent late and my request is ignored! I appealed to you to help me with the English module in my PhD exam; to give me some advice on it, but you told me a cock and bull story about your own desires and experience:
Yeaaaaah took the exam and I feel so0o0om fresh now, like I want to a devour a veeeery big library of amusing literary novels that I postponed reading.
I am happy that you have cared about using gerund after 'postpone', but it is wearing to see the incorrect usage of 'devour'!

Kami, for the love of God, spend some time and ponder my plea for help! Obviously, vocabulary is vitally important, but how can I enlarge my vocabulary range? Do you think '504 Absolutely Essential Words' is a good book for my purpose? The exam day is coming, but I've done nothing for English module! Sad :-( :-( :-(

You are an English teacher now. As a close friend, I expect you to pay some attention to my request. The situation is critical. I am under a lot of pressure. Instead of pacifying, you are snubbing and sneering! :-( :-( :-( For the sake of God; for the sake of friendship, this is a very serious matter! Take this stuff seriously!

Sorry for recklessness! I expect you more! Help! Help! Help! This is not a trick! :-( :-( :-(

I am impatiently looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 16 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Hi There

Postby Kamelia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:08 am

Hi Ostad,

Punching somebody on the face and then expecting her to teach you how to "punch"?! :-D

Thanks for correcting me though. Ostad jan, how can I help you if you still are hovering on my grammatical mistakes? I was so blushed when I saw your post!
Well anyway, 504 is a drag, do not rely on that. There is a 1100 essential words and I am sure you have seen that. It is a red-colored book and you could easily find that. Study at least one week every night but I am DEAD sure that you are familiar with almost all the words in it. Next book would be the College Bound for university and high school students (don't mind its name, the content's more than a high school material) which is a green-colored book. I got the flash cards which work better than the book for me. I can carry them everywhere with me. Then would be the English SAT exam words for which I got a file and would email to you if you wanted.
Oh Sweet Behnam, please donot do this to me, this is not my house so I could check the internet everyday. We have to walk for almost a kilometer to reach the pc-room, so... :-(

Waiting,
Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi there

Postby Kamelia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:59 am

Dear Mohsen,

How are you doing? Well wishing friends worse a million, thanks for your kindness.
Dear Mohsen, I have chosen to study English Literature because that is a subject I really think suits my taste and everything.

O0o0oh so that happens to you too, hmm? :-D Yeah It is the same with me :-D Every time you check your pocket you find a new card and new cards mean new numbers and pass codes. Hateful! :-x

Hmmm...I believe that one should not memorize too many numbers. I do not really know the reason why but I feel more comfortable this way. You know, I think when you memorize numbers they occupy too much space in your memory which could be used for better stuff. I know it seems weird, but I just think this way :-D

Hehe, funny to say but sometimes I forget things right at the moment that I should not have. It hurts, I know, but I cannot help it. You know what I do for stop forgetting things when I do not want to? I write them in my cell phone notes, so that I have them every time I need them. Simple and easy. Oh but you might not carry yours everywhere so maybe you might want to use a paper. That works best too :-D

I remember Behnam always told me do not let the posts neutral, ask a question so you could have the chance to continue writing but right now my mind goes blank, honestly!

Ohhh something popped up. Rather than numbers, do you forget taking your cards with you? Has it ever happened that you were driving to a city for business or traveling case and then suddenly in the middle of the road remembered that you forgot taking your petrol card? or Driving license? :-D

Kamelia
Silver Member

Hiiiii Elham

Postby Kamelia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:08 am

Ellieeeeeeeeeeeeeee,

Hiiii there. How are you doing? I missed youuu. Missed you so much here. How is everything with you? Thesis? Univ finished? Free now? or you miss the "good old days" ? :-D

Ellie junam, you can not imagine how happy I am to see your warm welcome. It is so0o0o lovely of you to say so. I really wish that everything go all right. Let's just pray that they may :-D

Ellie, it is hard asking you about everything in text messages. So please be kind to tell me about everything that happened to you till now.Your studies, life, anything you think fit to talk about. Give me topics to write. :-D

Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Amal

Postby Kamelia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:16 am

Dear Amal,
How are you dear? Thank you so much for the warm welcome.
Oh I happened to read your post to Mohsen. It was about bringing gifts to a bride and so. I was wondering that do you really think he is trying to fool her? Or you mean fool in a good way?

I mean why should a groom fool the one he loves, is he not going to live with her till the rest of his life? Has not he chosen her as his partner?

Oh God, too many questions, I know. Would you be kind to let me know of your opinion?

Kamelia
Silver Member

I couldn't find 1100 Essential Words!

Postby behnam » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:49 am

Hi Kamelia,

Many thanks for your reply. Thank you for paying attention to my request. You are very kind. I didn't punch you in the face! I didn't slapped you across the face! It is forbidden, in Islam, to touch a girl's body(face, hand, ...)! I am a religious person. How could I do that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never correct people, but I don't know why I like teasing you by highlighting something mistakes in your posts. I've told you many times that my bread-making subject is Physics. For me, learning English is like playing game or doing something for fun. It is not essentially important for me to be expert at English. But, you are different in that you are going to make money by being involved(teaching, translating, interpreting, ...) in English. You should be very cautious, since your role is important. You are the guider or the leader of the team! Got it? I hope so! :lol:

Your English is excellent. You are a humble person. You never show off. In fact, your friendly manner and humble behaviour have made me valor to pull your leg firmly! Oh, I must be careful. Too much pulling, or pulling firmly may damage your leg! :lol: :lol:

Dear Kami, I couldn't find the ebook of '1100 Essential words'. Could you please email me all the files you've got about vocabulary? It'd be kind of you if you could send me the mentioned file about ...SAT EXAM...

Oh, Kami, don't be that much lazy. You are a young girl. You should jump over one kilometer. :lol:

I am waiting.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby WiLZiN » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:07 pm

||I'm without you||

I'm without you like a black sky without the moon
I'm without you like a rose without the perfume