EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Hi Ellie

Postby Kamelia » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:09 am

Hi Ellie,

How are you? Actually I am writing this post in morning. So good morning to you Ellie jun. How is everything going on with you?
Oh regarding the perfumes, come on, I just named some that I like the best. I understand what you say. None of them would, dear. Actually almost all of them so delightful and they do smell natural on you. Umm but now that you say adjectives like neat and tidy and so this reminds me of Rain Drop, so0o0 delightful meanwhile fits perfectly normal on you, like it's your skin's fragrance or sth :-D

Elllieeee, I know you told me to write about them but they are TOO general, you see! Would not I seem foolish if I all of a sudden start writing about my feelings towards butterflies? LOL You need to ask me something about them :-D
Speaking of butterflies, I am reminded of a question :idea: , now that you do not :-D Do you like these butterfly collections? Or any other insects? The ones that they make like a picture in glassy packages which you would pin to the wall and watch whenever you like, do you like to have one? Have you got any taxidermied( haven't got a dictionary here, am not sure of the correctness of this verb) animals at home? Do you agree with the idea of killing and stuffing them like that?

Write to me soon,
Kamelia
Silver Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby WiLZiN » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 am

You should always leave loved ones with loving words. {-:
It may be the last time you see them. :cry:

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. }:
All you can do is be someone who can be loved. :roll:
The rest is up to them. :oops:
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby Mohsen » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Amal,
The love between the couple is very strong ,so the groom give different gifts to the bride and her family, but it will not continue the same way when they start living and go to their own house.
For example when you want to catch a bird you should pour some seeds in front of bird , but when you catch the bird , you seed the bird when she is hungry.

B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby WiLZiN » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:19 am

A special prayer for my older brother Behnam {-:

Oh My God please...
bless him
guide him
forgive him
have a mercy on him
let what he has studied come in the exam {-;

Amen :ok:
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby oliwells » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:51 pm

WiLZiN wrote:A special prayer for my older brother Behnam {-:

Oh My God please...
bless him
guide him
forgive him
have a mercy on him
let what he has studied come in the exam {-;

Amen :ok:

Was that a prayer or a poem?
oliwells

Postby WiLZiN » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi oliwells...

Welcome to our thread.
You can consider that it's 2 in 1.

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby [amal] » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi My sister Elham,

How are you? How are your English classes? Do you write any paragraphs there?! Why don't you share them with us?

Honey, should I say sorry for being late in replying, for being cruel, for being unkind or should I say sorry for all of that?!
Well dear, I really was cruel and unkind although I had my reasons and you already know them all so there is no need to mention them.

However, for me, FRIENDSHIP is the most important thing, it's my life, especially when it came to you, my best friend!

But believe or not I was addicted,addicted to crochet although I was taking medicines which supposed to make me sleep all the time, I was fighting its effect and worked all the days and nights!

Believe me, till now my finger hurts me, I think I have to take a rest :'D But does I do that?! Nooooooo, I still work and work and work even if I don't have to! :-(
Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really ADDICTED! :(

Dear, I have had this habit since I was a kid; If I have to do

something, I keep working on it till it's finished no matter what that cost! " I may not sleep, not eat and not move..etc"
I think it's a bad habit, isn't it?! Do you have such habit? What is your bad habit in your consideration?

Oh my god! I kept talking about crochet and my habit and forgot the main point! OK! Let's back to it.. Dear Eli, although last week I wasn't in my full concentration but be sure that you were always in my mind, in every minute!

Above that, I'd told my mother a LOT about YOU, till she became jealous! {-: I told her how much you helped and supported me, I told her how kind you were and still and I told her that you are my EVERYTHING, you are a gift from god to me!
My mother said: "come on Amal! So what am I to you???!!!" :shock:

Dear, while writing this post, some questions came to my mind so I left them to the end...

Emm, I don't know how to make myself clear to you but I will try my best..

Eli, How would we know that we are talented? In your opinion do you think that having a talent is a learnable thing or the talent is born with the person? And if it's born with the person, how would they know that they have it?!

I know that sometimes it's clear like having a nice voice, when a person sing, he can know that his voice is nice or not.. But in other things it's hard to discover that, so how could we know?!

"Me" for example, I didn't know that I am able to crochet cause believe it or not I had NEVER hold a needle and thread in my hand and more over I hated that! But look what I am doing now! Isn't that strange?!

Dear, I really need your answer about my questions so please write whatever came to your mind and WRITE IT SOOOOOOOOON! {-; :lol:

I am sorry about everything, be sure that I love you!

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 am

Hi Kami,

How are you?

Thanks for your reply, in fact after reading yout post also I have thought about it a lot; Have I done that ever?! "fooling in a good way"?!...

Emm, well, I am not sure but I don't think so cause either I tell the truth or I "Hist?".

To say the truth, sometimes while dealing with people I try to fool myself just to know what they want and think about. And sometimes I just do that to get what I want. {-; "I am not sure that you get me but I hope so!"

I don't care if they thought that I am fool or naive but it's better than fooling them or doing bad things, isn't it?!

Dear, I agree with the white lies when they don't change anything, when saying the truth or the lie is the same and when it doesn't hurt people or fool them.

However, in general, I hate "lying" even if it was a "white lie" because I believe that a harmful truth is better than a fake lie and feelings.

I prefer to hide things or not saying the whole truth instead of saying white lies since whenever we start a lie we can't stop it or "recede?" it, that would put us in silly situations!

Emm, Oh my god, something have just come to my mind, what would you do if you intend to joke with someone but that person took it too seriously and thought that your action was "cruel or something" then it became a big deal?! Would you continue joking or would you just simply tell them the truth and that you were joking?

Uh, once, something like that happened to me and I really didn't know how to act, it put me in a really silly situation and caused a lot of troubles. :-(

Do you believe that we shouldn't joke with every person "even if they were our friends or something"? Should we know their internal personality first then play jokes on them? And do you think that there is a limit for fun or playing jokes on others?

Hope to read from you soon.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Next week this time!

Postby behnam » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:14 am

Dear friends,

How are you? I hope you are happy and healthy. I hope your life is filled with happiness and joy. Although I don't write as I used to do, I come here everyday and read the posts carefully. I really enjoy your stile of writing. You all write beautifully. Elham sounds like a poet in her posts. Amal sounds like a musician, with a great harmony in her posts, and Wael sounds like a very kind; golden-hearted person. Although kamelia doesn't write regularly, she sounds like a good teacher who plays with English words nicely. Mohsen is absent! He writes short posts as briefly as possible!

Many thanks for your friendship. I feel proud of you. Dear Wael, a special thank for your sweet words and good wishes.

Many things has happened to me, but I don't feel like to tell you them now. I will speak about them soon.

Next Friday this time, I am doing the English module of PhD exam. It is in the afternoon. It is said that the module includes 70 questions. By this time next Friday, I will have finished answering to professional modules such as Modern physics, Quantum Mechanics and Electrodynamics. I will also have finished answering to Educational Talents (Estedad Tahsili).

This week, I am going to stay at home and revise the subjects. The subjects cover all physical phenomena in the universe. The applied mathematics is really difficult. You cannot imagine how much difficult it is to answer a question in 2 minutes. I am absolutely sure that even question makers(designers, setters, planners, ..I don't know what should I call them!) cannot solve some questions in the considered time(2 minutes for each one)! For example, in the previous PhD exam, there was a question about radiation. At home,while fruits bowl, juice, and tea were all in front of me, and my wife was encouraging me, it took me more than an hour to solve it! How could I answer it in a real situation? You may say the answers give some hint, but you are absolutely wrong. The answers were similar, with little difference in their coefficients.

To be honest, one thing gives me some hope. When a question is difficult for me, it is the same for all rivals. However, its negative side shouldn't be denied. When a question seems difficult for a good student, it will seem difficult for a lazy student too. The result is the same. They both cannot answer to the question, so the question cannot separate the right person! In many cases, you know, lazy people are perfect and brave at taking risk. As a rule, wise people are not good at taking risk. Therefore, lazy students have more chance than hardworking ones to take risk and to answer the question by chance. This funny and rather silly event has happened in last year PhD exam. Some universities announced that the accepted students know nothing about Physics!

Anyway, please pray for me. Thank you.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Dear Kami,

How are you honey? Please accept this big friendly KISS as a token of my apology for being late in replying to your post.

Oh thanks again for your kind suggestion on perfumes. I'll try all of them for sure, since my sweet Kami has smelled them; I wanna smell what she has smelled! :-D

Oh Kamiiii, sorry for introducing ridiculous topics. You know, I'm sometimes silly and say silly things! :-(

Butterflies and a collection of dried ones! Emmm, I had never thought of that actually. It's amusing for me to see such collections but I don't think I tend to have them myself! No I don't enjoy watching dead dried insects! I prefer to enjoy them alive in the nature. I love butterflies and I enjoy seeing different kinds of them. Oh they are angels from heaven flying in the earth's sky! Watching them flying over flowers is one of my pleasures. :-)

I do love to write more to you but at the present nothing else comes to my mind!

Best wishes,
Eli
Elham
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion