EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Kamelia,
I saved the information in my cell phone, never payed attention to the memo file in the cell phone , Unlike many people I don't play with my cell phone, I never send a Bluetooth so far ,not install the software of Telephone bank. I don't like to meet people who are playing with the cell phone, or put the headset into the ears.
listen to music 4 hours per day, So many channels, so little worth watching, sitting in front of the mirror non stop. How much is the life span, the walk of life have been changed. The corruption increased because money is not divided correctly, people who live high life and dog life both been corrupted; the poetry of survival is not made up of consolations. This is the present belles-lettres. Where are the aesthetic qualities? The values are faked , everyone should keep up with the joneses if he wants to survive

[Mohsen
It is Blue
]
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Harry up my friend, I am afraid of being dead ,because every person leaves a mark, good or bad, in the society he lives. We do not remember people by their names but by the imprints they leave on our memories. A politician is known for his political works, a reformer is known for the changes he brought for the betterment of the society, a sportsperson is known for his talent, medals and trophies, etc.

Hitler was known for the wars and the destruction he caused. We remember Mahatma Gandhi as a man of non-violence.
But when I die nobody remember me.

bye
mohsen

The great poet Saedi say . you do something ,before you lose your life ,when you are alive and you are able to do

Ay ke dastat miresad kari bekon
pish az aun kaz toe nayayad hich kar
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby helkady » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi everyone , I'm so happy to communicate with you all, and share with you my thoughts in a loud voice.Do you know that this is the thired time to chat with any one during my whole life, first and second was in this great site.I'm Egyptian , married , have two babes , work in Insurance company.I like watching English movies but while I'm watching I'm reading the subtitle,this days I'm trying watching without reading subtitle , but do you know when I'm watching the movie if I find the movie is interesting I start reading the subtitle.

I have a big problem that I want to share with you all , I'm sure you will helpe me to solve by give me some valuable advice.I have been interesting of learning English for more than twenty years and still weak in writing , listening ,talking . I don't know what why . I'm depressed :-(

If anyone have some good advice please tell me because I want to be better .

Thank you for wasting your time

Wating to hear from you soon
helkady

Postby [amal] » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:07 am

Oh Hi Helkady,

How are you?

Welcome to this thread, I am very happy that there is another Arab person here! By the way, I am Amal from Damascus, Syria. Oh you can't believe how much I love Egyptian people and love their accent, they are really very kind and helpful people..

I have some friends from Egypt and now I hope you will be among them. :)

My friend, you asked for an advice, although I am a learner just like you but I can tell you what helped me a lot and made me improve my English:

First of all, I started to lesson to some simple audio lessons called " Effortless English Lessons", the teacher is really great and his way of teaching is new, simple and funny.

I downloaded all the lessons to my cell phone and started to hear them whenever I had free time..
-You can look for the lessons on Google-

After that, I started to feel more confidence so I tried to make some friendships with foreign people and chatted with them in English. In fact, that helped me alot with improving my spelling. Above that, I can't forget that I'd made some great friendships..

Moreover, I can't deny that this thread is the main factor which make me stay in touch with the English language because I feel here that this is my home and no matter how far my distance was, I have to return to it. My heart is with my friends here, We are like a family!

So if you were busy and don't have time to chat or to listen to English, writing here is the best way cause you are always welcomed, whenever you want and you can speak about whatever you want..

Oh, I love movies too and of course most of the time I read the subtitle but you know, in the last period I changed, something forced me to just listen cause I was watching a looooooong series then suddenly it had displayed on the TV but I really wanted to know its end so I just went to the net and saw episodes but guess what :!!: They were without translation!! :!!: Oh my god! :~: In the beginning it was a little bit hard for me to follow them but after some time, I used to it and started to get what they were talking about. Of course, there were some hard words for me but it was good and I amazed that I could understand them! Wow! {-:

So forget all learning method and just do like me and watch a long series {-; that will help you the most. Hehe :lol: -just kidding-

Emm, I know that my post isn't that helpful for you but it was just to say welcome and let you enjoy your time, dear, don't be depressed, I am sure you will be good in English, you just need to enjoy learning it and have some patience!

Hope to read more from you.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

WELCOME!

Postby behnam » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:30 am

Hi Helkady,

Hello and a very warm and friendly welcome to this thread. Thank you very much for joining us. I am Behnam(male) from Iran, married and have got two babies. They are twins and boys. You can find some other information about my on the first page of this thread.

In replying to your request; asking for some advice on improving English skills such as listening, speaking, reading and writing, my dear and kind friend Amal has written her own successful experience which is very useful. I am also writing my own experience. I am not advising you, sine your English is excellent and you don't need any advice actually. What you need is an effective method.

First of all, you should be determined to make progress in English skills. Determination, motivation, love, etc. whatever you call it, is the first step. As your post implies, you have got sufficient motivation. In this step, what you must do is keeping yourself always motivated. This is essentially important for learners to keep themselves determined and motivated all the time. Not only in learning a new language, but also in all aspects of life, when a goal is set, a plan is needed to achieve the goal, and it is necessary to keep the plan!

The second point is knowing the process of learning. When it comes to learning a language, our brain works like an electrical circuit. In a circuit, there are input, processing, and output. In languages learning, listening is input, speaking is output! If you want to speak well, you should(must) listen well. If you want to write well, you should(must) read well. In other words, Attentive listening and careful reading lead to fluent speaking and effective writing respectively.

The third point is being precise and caring about accuracy all the time. In some terms, learning a language is similar to building a house. From the basic foundation stone, it is vitally important to be careful with the principals. For instance, using right materials with enough strength and quality, in particular, putting the bricks on each other rightly. Otherwise the building will be like the Tower of Pisa in Italy! When using a word, we must know the proper prepositions, adjectives, verbs, etc. which go with that word, the common collocations(the words which often are used together such as 'make a mistake', 'do homework', 'do exercise', 'up and down', 'Commit a crime' etc.). We must also know the correct structures. Therefore, the grammar is vitally important in writing skill. For this purpose, I strongly suggest using an English-To-English dictionary. Never use English-To-Arabic dictionary! I do recommend 'Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English' to you and to all learners. In addition to that, you should study 'Grammar in use', and 'Collocations in use'. Both are useful. I've got their PDF files. I can send them and some other useful ebooks to you if you give me your email address.

The fifth point is exposing yourself to the English language. This means being involved in it all the time; living with it; taking every opportunity to develop English skills. Chatting in English can be very useful.

The sixth point is simplicity. Be as simple as possible! When you write a sentence, read it again and ask yourself whether there is another word or easier structure to make it look a little simple. I personally do believe in plain English.

Those rules may look difficult for you, but don't worry, little by little they will become habits.

If you need further explanation just let me know. I hope this helps!

All the best,
Behnam, 6 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby davies » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:09 am

Learning together was really a good idea.In Finland country i seen a valmennuskeskus or training center and different kind of courses and i remember learning with other people and find new friends.Well lets learn together with this.
davies

Postby helkady » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 am

:-P
Hi my Dearest friends Amal and Behnam!

You can't imagine how I'm feeling right now , I'm so delightful that you replied to me. when I started writing here I thought that nobody will reply , but I Put in my mind that if nobody reply to me I'll keep writing , maybe I'll write about my thoughts in words ,so thank you both very much {-:

Dear my friend Amal
Your message is very kind and worm , I want to ask you about you and your family are you ok??

I know that you have a very bad situation in your country because you have some kind of war , my heart with you, hope you and your family are safe, take care of yourself {-:

When I'm watching what is happening in your country I feel very sad :-( because I were in Damascus in the year 2001 I was living at Elsham hotel in a business trip,your country is realy beautiful you people are very kind ,beautiful and helpful ,I spend there a memorable week I was so happy there although I was alone. Hope your country get well soon :-)

Thak you for sharing me your experience about how do you start learning English , it really helped me a lot .

Dear my friend Behnam

Thank you very much for your advices , I read your first message it was on Friday January 13 , 2012, I know I will benefit from you {-: as you are a teacher , from your writing I know you are a very good teacher ,patient , love to teach,and I admire you because when nobody answered you you kept writing .

Dears Amal and Behnam

I want to write to you more but do you know that this message took more than three hours to write :!!:
Do you think I will become better in writing ??
we will see .

Thank you again

See you soon {-:
helkady

Postby grincas » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 pm

hi dear friends, I hope that you all fine.As you know I m the new member of this thread.Unfortunately I couldn t send any messages for a long time,I have just sent a messages but it hasn t been seen in here.I don t know what s the matter?Anyway,I want to give short information about me. I graduated from English Language Department.I studied in Cyprus.Then, because of some health problems I couldn t have applied my job until now.I mean four years passed after my graduations:( Nowadays,I m studying on an exam which gives me opportunity to be a teacher in a government school,so I hope I will be in a place which I deserve
Next time I will give short and interesting information about my city What a fabulous city where I live! By the way I live in Turkey:)
See you next time
Note:waiting your reply :)waiting your hello:)
Best wishes Grincas
grincas

Postby behnam » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Davies,

Welcome to this place. Thank you very much for putting comment here. Learning together always gives better results. Join us and let's learn together! Write about something. Choose a topic and write an essay.

I like to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 7 March 2013

P.S. Less than 20 hours is left to my important exam. :lol:

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Helkady,

Thanks for replying. Your English is excellent, and you communicate well, but there are still rooms for improvement. Take a careful attention to the grammar. In writing, grammar is extremely important. As I've mentioned in my previous post to you, when writing a sentence, read it over and over again to see if you can write it simpler, and also check the structure by using a dictionary. You will find this boring, but little by little you will get used to it.

For example, 'advice' is an uncountable noun. So, it is not correct to say, 'give me a advice' or 'thank you for your useful advices'! If you look 'advice' in a dictionary you will see many interesting points about it. For example, 'Let me give you a piece of advice. Wear a blue suit to the interview.'. What a nice sentence! This sentence not only helps us with the grammar, but also introduces us a scientific or physiological point which is effective and impressive in interviews. By using an English-To-English dictionary, you will kill many birds with one stone!

Don't worry about the speed of writing. In this step, just try to care about accuracy. After some days, you will write at a normal speed. Don't forget 'practice makes perfect'!

Would you mind writing about yourself(like your job, your family, your country, likes and dislikes, ..)? I am waiting to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 7 March, 2013

P.S. Less than 20 hours is left to my important exam. :lol:

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion