EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Welcome!

Postby behnam » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 am

Hi my kind friend Grincas,

Thank you very much for putting comment in this thread. Actually, I was waiting for your posts. I've missed you terribly. How are you? Where are you? Nothing from you for ages!

I've replied to your posts and have said a very warm and friendly welcome to you. Check the previous pages. However, let me say Hello and welcome to this thread again.

I love your country, its people and culture, since there are some similarities between us. We have got many things in common.

I wish you success in your exam. I am sure you will pass it successfully.

Please write about yourself, your country, your nice city and all things you like to share with us. I really love hearing about you.

All the best,
Behnam, 7 March, 2013

P.S. Less than 20 hours is left to my important exam. :lol:

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Elham » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Dear Behnam,

Tomorrow morning you're going to take PhD exam and you can't imagine how happy I am for you. I've always been waiting to hear you're going to continue your studies and when you announced you were going to take it this year, I got so happy.

Dear, you truly deserve to be called doctor Behnam; you are already a doctor in Physics, you know as much as a doctor should know. I'm sure your knowledge is even more than many other Physics doctors' in Iran. :-)

Like always, I admire your determination and hard-work. You have tried your best and certainly you will do your best tomorrow.

Dear Behnam, know that Elham's fingers are crossed for you till you finish your exam.I hope you calmness and focus.

I wish sprinkles of luck will be showered upon you while you are taking the test. :-)

Trusting God won't make the mountain smaller but it will make climbing easier. Hope you will be able to climb tomorrow's mountain successfully. :-)

*ta lahzeye akhar baratun doa mikonam. Ishalla hamechi ali pish bere.

****Shireeeeeeeeeee Behnaaaaaaaaaaam****

Good luck, good luck,goodluck

Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:43 am

My dear Amal,

How are you honey? Where are you? What are you doing? Oh Amal I'm gradually feeling jealous of this crocheting stuff. It's taking my place in your heart. :-(

Oh honey, can you guess how exactly I'm feeling now, being that late in replying your very kind post to me? I'm sooooooooo ashamed that I don't know what to say. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Several times I started writing to you but sth happened and stopped me, please forgive me honey. You know that I'm not a careless person, I do care about such things very much.

Your bad habit is that you stick with your goal and hard-work, good for you! It's not bad at all, but just be more careful with your health too. Honey you have a whole lifetime ahead to crochet as much as you want, don't make yourself tired with it. Do it as much as you enjoy it and as long as it doesn't hurt you.
My bad habit? Emmm..... I have lots of bad habits. Oh let's forget about it, It'll spoil Elham in your eyes, if I list my bad habits here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You had another question for me, about people's talents. Nice question. It's always been one of my concerns too! I always ask myself," what is that I'm very good at? What is that talent in which I can shine and through that I can be benevolent to other people?"

It's said that every person has certainly a special talent in something and that one of our responsibilities as a human is to find out our talent and develop it. I always wonder why some people find their interests and talent very soon and start their immediate hard-work on it while for some others years go on, yet they're doing trail and error to discover it! Woooofffff..... :?: :roll:

Hope to see you soon on net,

Kiss,
Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 am

Dear Heldkady,

Welcome here dear,
Reading your posts I feel your warmness and kindness. You seem to be a warm-blooded person. Emmm, you may be a girl!? :lol:

Why don't you write more about yourself to us? About your gender, age, job...
Let us know more about you and don't be worried. Just write and be sure " practice makes perfect".
I learn a lot through reading, try to read more and more. Fortunately,the internet provides us a lot of great sources to read and learn through. :-)

Hope to hear more from you,

Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Amoure » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 am

Dear Dr. Behnam joon;
How are YOU?
Amoure

Postby [amal] » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 am

Hi Helkady,

How are you?

Oh come on, why don't we answer you??! Behnam had created this thread just to learn and communicate with others and everybody is welcomed here. You are one of us now!

Thanks for your reply and for all the nice words about me. Thank you too for your wishes. {-:

Yeah, I understand your feeling, my country was great and we were happy. Who knows Syrian people can understand how peaceful they are. But now we are just like you, we just watch what is going on and still can't believe that those horrible things are happening here! :!!: :-( :-(
Whyyyy???!! Do we deserve that???????! Why do we fight and for what?! Killing each other has become our only solution, isn't that silly?!

The big countries are just trying to eat us as if we were like a piece of cake! :-x 8-) :-(

You know, spring is my favorite season, we used to go to the fields since I love seeing the green ground and walk in the nature for hours but this year.. We can't go anywhere and I can't see the blossom trees. Uh ! :-(

Let's stop speaking about that because I was really angry today, so if I started speaking now, I wouldn't end till tomorrow! :-(

So tell me, what is your favorite season and why?

Dear, last time when I wrote my first post to you, I was a little bit tired and sleepy since I wrote it at 3 or 4 AM! :shock: Therefore, I forgot to ask you about your favorite kind of movies and which movie you love the most and you don't get bored of watching it constantly, would you recommend some good movies for me?

Thanks for being here and hope to read more from you.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Dangerously Disappointing Exam!

Postby behnam » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Elham,

Thank you very much for encouraging me. You are very kind. Dear Elham, the exam was horrible. The questions were not standard. All in all, the exam looked dangerously difficult to me. Actually, I did my best, but I am not satisfied with it at all. I couldn't manage the time wisely. I am very sad for spending too much time on solving questions! Time was my biggest enemy. You know, in Physics the questions must be solved. It is not possible to answer to a question without solving it. Well, solving a problem takes a lot of time! I don't know what was wrong with me! I am not satisfied with the exam, although I did my best. I solved the problems which I were able to solve, but I couldn't see all the questions! }: }:

The exam room was terrible. The hanging clock on the wall was slept! It didn't work. An old lady who was responsible for controlling us wasn't wearing watch. They didn't allow us to take mobile phones to the building, so nobody around me was wearing watch! There was no water to drink, but a long line for using toilet, and a very very long line for buying sandwich for lunch! I couldn't find a cup of tea to drink! I was really dying for a cup of tea. }:

The students around me were quite stupid! The boy next me was killing the time, sitting and looking at the questions while I was solving some of them. The boy made me crazy so that after the exam I shouted at him and said angrily, "What are you doing here? You were making me angry by your careless to the exam." He said he just answered to some easy questions!!! I guess he has better chance than me! :lol:

I don't know who sets(makes) those irrelevant silly questions! Well, in every module, there are some basic rules, principles, subjects to cover which are standard in all universities around the world. For example, when it comes to Mechanics, Newton's laws are the foundation of it. It can be said that Mechanics is concerning mostly the Newton's three laws from high school until graduation from university. For example, F=ma is Newton's second law. Students start using this formula at high school by considering some simple forces and one-dimensional accelerators. At university, it is still F=ma, but the forces are more complicated and the accelerators are two or three-dimensional in different cordinates. Therefore, when sitting for an exam about Mechanics, it is normal to see some questions about that important matter. What would happen to someone who was expert at solving the problems which are about his field of study if s/he saw something irrelevant? }:

Oh my God! It makes me mad. Who are those question makers??? Don't they teach Physics? Can they solve those questions themselves? I am absolutely sure that they know nothing! I am one the best students in Iran when it comes to Physics. I know professors and universities. I am not a blind person. I am in a position to judge on this area! I believe there is something wrong!

Undoubtedly, the policy of Measurement Organization of Iran isn't clear. Nobody knows what they are searching for. Do they want to measure the number of things I don't know? Well, there are billion billions things I don't know! Do they search for some careless people who sit and enjoy eating chocolate and cakes in exam time? You know what, hardworking people like me expect themselves to answer some questions. They do it, but in many cases they answer wrongly, because answering to irrelevant questions is like taking risk. You are not one hundred percent sure about the answer. Consequently, you receive negative marks while silly rivals get zero. Zero is larger than a negative number! {-: Imagine a farmer and Physics student sit for PhD exam. I believe, the farmer would have more chance than the student to be accepted, since the farmer knows nothing about Physics, then s/he sits doing nothing confidently, whereas poor students tries hard, makes mistakes, and gets negative! According to the result, the farmer knows Physics! Don't take this as a joke, unbelievably, it happens in our society! }: }:

Anyway, I am not satisfied with the exam, and I am planing for the next year exam! However, I don't know what to do. I don't know whether I study something or try to get the policy or logic of Measurement Organization. Even though I try and get the logic or policy this year, it won't work for the next year since it isn't stable! It changes! How terrible! }: }:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Thanks!

Postby behnam » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Amoure,

How are yo? I hope you are fine. Thank you for following this thread and suing sweet words to call me.

Why don't you write long posts? I love to here more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby helkady » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Dear my friends

Behnam, Amal and Elham

You can't Imagine what I fell when I have free time to write to you , I fell so happy that we will communicate .

Thank you so much for being in touch {-:
helkady

Postby grincas » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm

hi dear friends,big hugs from Turkey.As I promised this time I will give some informations about my city .It is called Adıyaman where has a gorgeous historical place.
There are big statues in there which are called mount Nemrut.It is called as mount because these statues are built on the mount Nemrut .The mountain lies north of Kahta, near Adıyaman. In 62 BC, King Antiochus I Theos of Commagene built on the mountain top a tomb-sanctuary flanked by huge statues (8–9 m/26–30 ft high) of himself, two lions, two eagles and various Greek, Armenian, and Iranian gods, such as Hercules-Vahagn, Zeus-Aramazd or Oromasdes (associated with the Iranian god Ahura Mazda), Tyche, and Apollo-Mithras. These statues were once seated, with names of each god inscribed on them. The heads of the statues have at some stage been removed from their bodies, and they are now scattered throughout the site.
Above all,the most attractive side of the mount Nemrut is rising of the sun. The rising of the sun is very interesting.After you climb to there wait for rising of the sun .The scene turns to magic! while the sun begin to rise slowly,you feel that you are above the sun. I have had this experience.Really it was fascinating. :!!:
See you next time if you reply my post I will be happy.Hold it in your mind your each response will give me courage to share my experience....
Love you all, best wishes Grincas
grincas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion