EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby behnam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 am

Hi Grincas,

Thank you very much for following the thread; reading posts and writing regularly.

Your city is beautiful. I love it.I wish I could visit "ADIYAMAN" and have a walk with Grincas in it. I wish I could go climbing in Nemrut Mountain to enjoy its natural beauty as well as the sunrise.

Due to refraction of light in the atmosphere, on high mountains, the sun is seen some minutes earlier. What we see in the morning up mountains is a virtual sun(an image) which is reddish and bigger than the real one in size. We can look at it directly, it won't damage your eyes! Have you ever gone to Nemrut mountain? How much is the distance from Iran? I guess it is so close to Iran.

I hope to read more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 March, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Its an old account!

Postby behnam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:50 am

Hi Helkady,

Thank you for your sympathy. Yes, it doesn't matter. I should forget it and make plan for the future(next exam).

Use an English-To-English dictionary all the time, and read the sample sentences. Pay attention to the patters and structures. By doing so, you will make good progress in writing. Never translate your Arabic sentences(dialogs) into English. In many cases, word-for-word translation doesn't work.

I've got two Yahoo active accounts: behrampednam@yahoo.com and yourbehnam@yahoo.com The first one is used for sending and receiving emails. The second one is used for chatting. In the past, I had different chatting account. I forgot its password, so I had to create another one.

For chatting or sharing file, you can add my accounts into your contact list.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby mortaza » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Dear Behnam,

How are you my friend? I hope you are fine. How are your children? How old are they now? (I'm sorry, I don't remember when they were born!) How is the life after having babies?

I should say that I am very grateful for having a good wife and two children. Some of my friends are not married yet; I strongly recommend them to marry as soon as possible! Some of my friends and colleagues are married but don't have any child yet; I strongly recommend them to plan for having a child! And some of my friends do have a child; I strongly recommend them to plan for another!

Sometime, I ask my wife's opinion about a third child! She simply says that she is too tired to give birth to another child and take care of it! She is right; living in a small city far from your relatives and taking care of two little children is exhausting, isn't it?

My aim for writing this post is not to talk about having or not having children! I read your recent posts and learned that you are not satisfy with your PhD exam. I want to talk a little about this topic.

In my opinion, that the government (ministry of science,...) is the one in charge for executing the PhD exam is wrong. The government may fail to get a professional team of university professors for designing the exam. As a result, as you already said, the exam they design may not seem standard!

Moreover, the PhD exam should not be 4Gozine-yee only [I'm sorry, I don't know the English term]. The PhD exam must contain descriptive [Tashrihee] problems also. In Mathematics or Physics, when you solve a problem [or answer a question], even partially, the examiner should realize how you think and manage the problem. It is important also that the examiner see the way you write down the answer explicitly. Considering all these factors together, the examiner can come to a conclusion about your score in the exam.

When I took the exam, in 1381, each university had its own PhD exam. In that time, there was not a certain date for the exam. For example, the exam for Tehran university was in 20th Esfand while the exam for Kerman university was in 10th Ordybehesht next year!! All exams contained descriptive questions only [at least for Mathematics]. There were many advantageous and disadvantageous over this kind of exams. One of its disadvantageous was that there was no a consistency in the level of the exams in different universities. Each university emphasized on a particular subject. To become successful in passing the PhD exam in a certain university, you should have known which textbooks they had studied in their classes etc.

Let me finish here. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Mortaza
mortaza

Hi Moroo speaking

Postby Moroo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 am

Ohh Hi my friends

I miss you, I read some of your past posts ,I feel I know many of you for a long time and this is strange for me.

Writing takes me a long time ,first to choose the words then to check the grammar and then to check what word is appropriate.

I don’t know is it ok or not .

Anyway, I’m male ,43 years old ,I love English movies so much , but I don’t have free time to watch , because I’m the kind of men who take care of his family , share with his wife everything , I think the man who have that personality called “Family Man”.

Oooh this name reminds me about the movie that make me married my wife, It’s a long story but I will try to tell you.

For all my life I don’t like the idea of marriage, ten years ago I met my wife for the first time ,what attracted me most to her was her beauty and intelligence, we started the relation as a friends day by day I felt that I love her :-P but I didn’t tell her because I was not thinking of marriage although I’m sure I will not find a girl can understand me like her ,we love the same things , we hate the same things .

during this period many men proposed to her but she was always refused , finally I told her you should marry the best proposal ,I astonished when she asked me “what about you" ?

I told her you know I’m not thinking of marriage at all, so please go ahead; you are wasting your time with me .

Finally she gets engaged :cry:

I found myself lost without her and depressed and I realized that I’m nothing without her but I didn’t call her .

One day, accidently I saw a movie called “The Family Man” for “Nicolas Cage” ,this movie is about a very rich man how have everything but he is not married and he is very happy person ,till he met a man who has a kind of power .

by some kind of magic he turned “cage” to a married man who has some money and beautiful wife and two babes :-D

I’ll not tell you the rest of the movie you have to watch it by yourself, but this movie makes me marry my wife ,this movie turned my life upside down {-:

Now thanks God I’m really happy :-D with my beautiful wife and my beautiful babes .

Please I’m waiting for your comments :roll:

Dear Behnam ,Can you please send me 'Grammar in use', and 'Collocations in use' in PDF :oops:

Thank you in advance for your cooperation ;-) ;-) ;-)
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby behnam » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:30 am

Hi Mortaza,

Welcome back to your own home! Thank you very much for your friendly post. It really made me happy.

Oh my God! A lot of recommendations for different people! Thank you very much indeed.

I do agree with you about PhD exam. It must be descriptive. Well, there are some advantages and disadvantages. Descriptive testing method has some advantages for talented students, but correcting is difficult for authorities. I personally prefer descriptive testing method to others.

I am waiting for the result. I am not disappointed at all.The exam was terrible. I don't say it was difficult, it was terrible. Not standard. If I had time I could solve all the questions. Therefore, it wasn't difficult for me. However, I couldn't manage the time. I was busy with solving questions, without wasting the time, but I couldn't even see some questions. I lost the questions of one module(subject) completely! }: }: }: How terrible!

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Moroo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi my friends {-:
I really miss you all.

I had a problem using the thread; I keep getting an error message when I try to log, I think now the thread is working well.

These days every day before I sleep I read an E-story using a website. In fact it's story for children :oops: I'm trying to keep in touch with English, If anybody recommend websites for reading stories and/or a good story for Intermediate level please tell me, I will be appreciated.

I just know that my daughter has Chickenpox and she cannot go to school for two weeks, the problem is she has exams next week as well she is not allowed to live the house for two weeks, we are afraid his brother get infected.
Anyway we hope she will get well soon .

All the best

17 March,2013
2:35pm
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby Moroo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:41 am

Dear my friend Behnam :-P

Thank you very much for sending me these eBooks, I really appreciate your concern.

It's rare these days to find a helpful person like you .

These books will help me a lot to improve my English language .

Tanks a million

All the best
18 March, 2013
1:39PM
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby Mohsen » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi Moroo,

I hope you are fine and doing well , I am sorry for you child ,but be pateint and care the child ,the health will be recovered very soon ,I hope. there are some advices I read it which help you to avoid Chickenpox.How to Avoid Getting Chicken Pox While Helping an Infected Person
1- Avoid touching any of the pox marks until they are crusted over. Until they crust over, they continue to shed the virus.

2-Avoid intimate contact such as kissing. The virus is also shed via the respiratory system.
3-Keep the infected person's eating utensils and drinking glass separate.
4-Turn your head if he or she coughs or sneezes.
5-Practice good hand washing. Wash your hands every time you handle any of the sick person's things.
6- Use an air purifier, which helps filter bacteria and viruses out of the air.
7- Wash bed linens and recently worn clothes in hot, soapy water.
8- Keep yourself healthy. Get sufficient sleep. Eat nutritious food. Take a high-potency multivitamin.
B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Incomplete Story!

Postby behnam » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 am

Hi Moroo,

Thank you for joining us and posting nice posts. I read your love story carefully, but I could not keep track of it! Some important part of the story is unclear! I am happy that you have a beautiful wife and two beautiful children. I also enjoyed reading your love story, but you have not said how could you marry to an engaged girl? Did you want her to get divorced? How could you convince her fiance to agree with divorce?

Unwillingly, you have fallen into a trap! Give me some criteria for measuring the beauty of a lady! Well, you have done it perfectly, since you have chosen a beautiful lady to marry to, as you have said! {-: {-: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my God! Behnam, stop playing joke on an Arab man, he may draw his sword and kill you! :lol: :lol: {-: {-: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Moroo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi my friend Mohsen

Thanks a lot for your interest {-: I printed out your advice and I gave it to my wife to follow it.
Although she took the vaccine two times, she get slight infected.

She is sad :cry: because we told her she can't go out to prevent anyone to get infected and also we will separated her from the 9 months baby.
It's hard for her because she loves him so much , We told her that this procedure will be for two weeks only.

Anyway thanks God this will last only for two weeks.

Thank you again
19 March, 2013
2:34 PM
Moroo
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion