EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Moroo,
I think all children are affected by Chicken pox ,and they can bear it easier than older. It is like another disease called jaundice . Many children are infected by jaundice at the first days of life and most parents fear to see that their child got jaundice .
I went to my brother 'house last week to visit his new born baby , his child was in special glass chamber to be exposed by florescent light for three days.
I told my brother's wife not to be worry , this is not a dangerous , she will be recovered very soon .
This is a fact that the human worries are endless unless when he entrusts all of unwanted events to God.
I prepared a piece of gold and a bunch of flowers as a gift to the baby ,and my wife offered them to the babies'mother.
What is the custom in your country for visiting a new born baby?
B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby behnam » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Moroo,

It is sad to hear that your kid does not feel well. I wish her an early recovery.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby naseh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:47 pm

Hellloooooo,
It is me, Naseh, the eldest friend of this thread.

Please I wanna a big welcome for my friend who join this thread. He is from Yemen too.

Therefore, I forget to hello you all, all of you, old memebers and the new. I have been following you from out side.

Yours,
Naseh of Yemen.
naseh

Postby Moroo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:54 am

Hi my friend Behnam

Thank you so much for asking about my daughter, en shaa allah she will be fine :-D

In respect of my story , Ooooooh don't get me wrong. She didn't get formal engagement, she only saw this person for not more than two weeks, and even he doesn't saw her father. And do you know after we get married she told me that she wasn't attracted to him, but she did that to make me feel how important is she :evil:

Hope now it's clear for all :?:

In respect of my criteria of measuring the beauty, in my opinion the inside beauty is much more important than the outside beauty. I described my wife as beautiful for the following reasons : First: she loves me so much. Second :She knows about me more than me even if I make tea I asked her how much sugar that I need :lol:

Third :??????????? :~:

Wish you all the happiness and love.
20 March, 2013
1:53 PM
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby naseh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Hello members of this thread,

How is life with you?, one by one, then a special ask to Behnam, Mohsen, Amal, and Elham. How are you my old friends? I am sooooooo happy to join you again. And hope other friends would forgive me if I forget their names..Also, a warm welcome to the new memebers who have joined.

I can't tell what had happened to me to stop joining you and just satisfied by following you. let's call it a technical error.

Yours,
Naseh
naseh

Postby Elham » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 pm

And finallyyyyyyyyy

******* SPRING is here ***********

My beautiful, wonderful, majestic, glorious, breathtaking, uplifting, happy, magnificent, colorful, tasteful, sweet, favorable, melodious, lovely spring! :-D :-D :-D

Huraaaaaaaaaaa :-D :-) :-D

Oh my dear friends, do you smell the bride of seasons, spring? She's here again with its all fantastic features. I am so happy, I love spring and whatever it brings; playful blossoms, lovely pleasant weather,wonderful rain, that energetic green color... wowwwwwwww, it brings a whole new life!

I'm here to congratulate you the spring and wish a very happy new year for my Iranian friends. I wish you all health, happiness and calmness.

Love,
Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi dear Moroo, the family man {-;

How are you? Hope your little lovely girl is better. I've read all of your posts and I like your intimacy and friendly writings.

Let me congratulate you on your beautiful wife! The woman who loves you so much and cares about you. For sure she's a gift from god to you. Emmmm, actually all women are special gift of god to the world! {-; :lol:

I'm very happy to hear you enjoy her presence and I'm sure it goes for her too. I wish this beautiful love goes on for ever this way. :-)

Hope to hear more from you,

All the best,
Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Happy New Year!

Postby behnam » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Dear Iranian friends, and people who celebrate the first day of spring,

Happy New Year to you and to your family. I hope this year will bring you more happiness, success, calmness, peace of mind, and prosperity.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

More Explanation Please!

Postby behnam » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi Moroo,

Thank you for your kind reply. Storynory is a site that provides stories for children. You can download the audio files as well as the scripts. Go to Google and write 'Storynory+story' in the searching box. You will find it useful. I hope so.

Dear Moroo, you are still in the trap! What do you mean by 'inside and outside' beauty'? How do you know that your wife loves you so much? This can be an extremely important question, since its answer provides men with some handy criteria for measuring wives' love for their husbands. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally, you haven't made the third reason clear! What's that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Ways to Improve your Body Languag(Part one)

Postby behnam » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:03 pm

A friend has emailed me the following text. It can be useful in terms of English practising and knowledge gaining.

Improving your body language can make a big difference in your people skills, attractiveness and general mood.

There is no specific advice on how to use your body language. What you do might be interpreted in several ways, depending on the setting and who you are talking to. You'll probably want to use your body language differently when talking to your boss compared to when you talk to a girl/guy you're interested in. These are some common interpretations of body language and often more effective ways to communicate with your body.

First, to change your body language you must be aware of your body language. Notice how you sit, how you stand, how you use you hands and legs, what you do while talking to someone.

You might want to practice in front of a mirror. Yeah, it might seem silly but no one is watching you. This will give you good feedback on how you look to other people and give you an opportunity to practise a bit before going out into the world.

Another tip is to close your eyes and visualize how you would stand and sit to feel confident, open and relaxed or whatever you want to communicate. See yourself move like that version of yourself. Then try it out.

You might also want observe friends, role models, movie stars or other people you think has good body language. Observe what they do and you don't. Take bits and pieces you like from different people. Try using what you can learn from them.

Some of these tips might seem like you are faking something. But fake it til you make it is a useful way to learn something new. And remember, feelings work backwards too. If you smile a bit more you will feel happier. If you sit up straight you will feel more energetic and in control. If you slow down your movements you'll feel calmer. Your feelings will actually reinforce your new behaviours and feelings of weirdness will dissipate.

In the beginning easy it's to exaggerate your body language. You might sit with your legs almost ridiculously far apart or sit up straight in a tense pose all the time. That's ok. And people aren't looking as much as you think, they are worrying about their own problems. Just play around a bit, practice and monitor yourself to find a comfortable balance.

1. Don't cross your arms or legs – You have probably already heard you shouldn't cross your arms as it might make you seem defensive or guarded. This goes for your legs too. Keep your arms and legs open.

2. Have eye contact, but don't stare – If there are several people you are talking to, give them all some eye contact to create a better connection and see if they are listening. Keeping too much eye-contact might creep people out. Giving no eye-contact might make you seem insecure. If you are not used to keeping eye-contact it might feel a little hard or scary in the beginning but keep working on it and you'll get used to it.

3. Don't be afraid to take up some space – Taking up space by for example sitting or standing with your legs apart a bit signals self-confidence and that you are comfortable in your own skin.

4. Relax your shoulders – When you feel tense it's easily winds up as tension in your shoulders. They might move up and forward a bit. Try to relax. Try to loosen up by shaking the shoulders a bit and move them back slightly.

5. Nod when they are talking – nod once in a while to signal that you are listening. But don't overdo it and peck like Woody Woodpecker.

6. Don't slouch, sit up straight – but in a relaxed way, not in a too tense manner.

7. Lean, but not too much – If you want to show that you are interested in what someone is saying, lean toward the person talking. If you want to show that you're confident in yourself and relaxed lean back a bit. But don't lean in too much or you might seem needy and desperate for some approval. Or lean back too much or you might seem arrogant and distant.

8. Smile and laugh – lighten up, don't take yourself too seriously. Relax a bit, smile and laugh when someone says something funny. People will be a lot more inclined to listen to you if you seem to be a positive person. But don't be the first to laugh at your own jokes, it makes you seem nervous and needy. Smile when you are introduced to someone but don't keep a smile plastered on your face, you'll seem insincere.

9. Don't touch your face – it might make you seem nervous and can be distracting for the listeners or the people in the conversation.

10. Keep you head up – Don't keep your eyes on the ground, it might make you seem insecure and a bit lost. Keep your head up straight and your eyes towards the horizon.

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion