Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen »

See you next time if you reply my post I will be happy.Hold it in your mind your each response will give me courage to share my experience....
Hi grincas,
I had a virtual tour to the north of Kahta in Adıyaman province and visit the mount Nemrut. My tour was as done via google map and image . I enjoyed visiting this place ,there are several statues heads were on the mountain slop ,the beautiful area and sceneries.
It is near to Iran and one day I will visit there .I hope the statues won't be disappeared since the rain and snow destroy the statues. The appearance of statues show that they are wearing out

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi friends,

It is less than 11 days to the new year in Iran, at this time of the year people have no time and very body is in hurry,many things should be done , the house should be cleaned before the new year , washing the house and furniture , going to shops and buying new clothes and shoes, the markets are crowded, and shopkeepers are advertising their products ,the tumult of shots and yell could be heard everywhere. It is a good time for selling flowers and plants , All people buy flowers and plant, the fresh smell of gillyflower cover everywhere.The refrigerator and freezers should be filled by meats and food stuff , there is a long row of people who stay in famous confectionery shops.There are special new year mall who sell cheaper fruits and meats, but they sell the fruits in the box ,not less than 10 kgs.
There will be a big holiday ,schools and teachers 15 days off, official employees 5 days and many of them extend it to two weeks .
Many people have a plan to travel by own cars ,also all of tickets are being booked, They check up the car engine before the trip ,so the engine repair shops are very crowded too.
For some people the new year holiday is terrible, people who can't tolerate the commotion of market.
Till now I have been invited for taking part in two parties during the holiday ,these parties certainly will be added and If I want to release from parties ,I should escape to a trip .

all the best,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks!

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

Thanks a million for your friendly reply. To be honest Mohsen, it is really annoying as well as shocking( Man vaghean hers mikhoram) to see something different from what it is publicly expected. For example, at a wedding, you expect to see people dancing, eating,etc. showing their happiness. What would happen if you go to a wedding party and saw people are all crying? You might ask for the reason, what would you do if you found out that they are crying for someone who has passed away one year ago? For human beings, crying is a normal way to show sad feelings, but it must be done in proper situations.

In a PhD exam, the students expect to see questions relevant to the subjects which were covered by professors at universities. However, the majority of them were irrelevant.

Anyway, I disliked the format of PhD exam.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I Love Adiyaman!

Post by behnam »

Hi Grincas,

Many thanks for writing about the city you are living in. Using Google, Adiyaman seems to be a very beautiful city. I love ADIYAMAN. For me, it means a lot. I understand the name: 'Adi' means 'it's name' and 'Yaman' means 'bad', but in some cases it is sued by the opposite meaning. Therefore, I guess it means 'Yaxchi'(good). Sometimes we say, 'Chox Yaman ghizdi'! It means she is positively extraordinary. Therefore, it may mean "the pace where its name is famous for goodness"! Anyway, I love your city and its people. Would you mind giving some explanation about the meaning of "Adiyaman' and tell us why it is named like that?

All the best,
Behnam, 10 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

Dear Dr.Behnam(In my opinion forever)
When you said “According to the result, the farmer knows Physics! Don't take this as a joke, unbelievably, it happens in our society!” You are exactly right. I always see fatuous people that have postdoctoral! But when they must diagnose a disease, are unable, here is where that differences are obvious and society will reject them immediately!
Your basic problem is just slow in operations!!! YOU are careful , but not fast. {-; You must act quickly like me! :lol:
Physique=Velocity, Delicacy and Tranquility
XO...XO...
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Behnam,

Oh dear, I do understand your feelings right now. When sth is not what it's expected to be, what it MUST be.... ohhhhhhh.... it makes us very angry. I know what you mean.( Mano dar ehsasetun sharik bedunid) :-(

Seems there's no any other choice but to accept the bitter fact, when we can't do anything about it, although it's very hard to get along with. Please try not to think about it. As Arab people say " favaghaa ma vaghaa!".

You know what I'm thinking about? About loooooooooots of other things that are Just the same in today's world!What percent of things are the way they're supposed to be? Ohhhh, even worse, how many of us people are the way our creator has created us to be? How should he feel then?!!! :-(

You can just do one thing dear, to accept it and its result.... anddd... one other thing.... ohhh, I see professor Behnam who is making questions for PhD exam, and wowwwwww, how wisely he's doing it;he just knows what exactly is meant to be questioned and does his job perfectly cause he's a great Physics man :-D
In the hope of that day, let's accept and forget Friday's terrible exam. :-)

please smile :-)

All the best,
E
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

My dear brother Behnam...

I'm so sorry for your exam. :-(
You will pass it next time "en sha'a Allah إن شاء الله".
As Allah said in the holy Quraan :"وبشّر الصابرين"
"فإن مع العسر يسرا إن مع العسر يسرا" You know them. ;-)
You have a phd in friendship and we are proud of you. :-D

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
grincas

Post by grincas »

Hi dear Mohsen and Behnam and all, Happy to see your responses, Firstly I want to explain my city' s name,which is Adıyaman
Dear Behnam you made me laugh {-: Adı means name, Yaman means inexorable that s to say Adıyaman =inexorable name :-D
Mohsen if you come to visit here, your friend Grincas ready to welcome you
If you want to watch rising of the sun too, you have to climb there early in the mornings.Also, you have to wear thick clothes ,otherwise you might be cold on the Mount Nemrut .Believe me, even in August...
helkady

Post by helkady »

Dear my friend
I feel you! Since you did your best the result doesn’t matter {-: , four sure God keep something better for you ,so don’t look behind you and keep going .

I would like to thank you and our friends here for pushing me to write and sharing their experience with me .

Behnam I start using your advice specially that about using English to English Dictionary it takes time but really helped me a lot . is this Email address still working *******.com ?

Waiting for your reply

All the best for you all
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Grincas,

Thank you very much for following the thread; reading posts and writing regularly.

Your city is beautiful. I love it.I wish I could visit "ADIYAMAN" and have a walk with Grincas in it. I wish I could go climbing in Nemrut Mountain to enjoy its natural beauty as well as the sunrise.

Due to refraction of light in the atmosphere, on high mountains, the sun is seen some minutes earlier. What we see in the morning up mountains is a virtual sun(an image) which is reddish and bigger than the real one in size. We can look at it directly, it won't damage your eyes! Have you ever gone to Nemrut mountain? How much is the distance from Iran? I guess it is so close to Iran.

I hope to read more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 March, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Its an old account!

Post by behnam »

Hi Helkady,

Thank you for your sympathy. Yes, it doesn't matter. I should forget it and make plan for the future(next exam).

Use an English-To-English dictionary all the time, and read the sample sentences. Pay attention to the patters and structures. By doing so, you will make good progress in writing. Never translate your Arabic sentences(dialogs) into English. In many cases, word-for-word translation doesn't work.

I've got two Yahoo active accounts: *******.com and *******.com The first one is used for sending and receiving emails. The second one is used for chatting. In the past, I had different chatting account. I forgot its password, so I had to create another one.

For chatting or sharing file, you can add my accounts into your contact list.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Dear Behnam,

How are you my friend? I hope you are fine. How are your children? How old are they now? (I'm sorry, I don't remember when they were born!) How is the life after having babies?

I should say that I am very grateful for having a good wife and two children. Some of my friends are not married yet; I strongly recommend them to marry as soon as possible! Some of my friends and colleagues are married but don't have any child yet; I strongly recommend them to plan for having a child! And some of my friends do have a child; I strongly recommend them to plan for another!

Sometime, I ask my wife's opinion about a third child! She simply says that she is too tired to give birth to another child and take care of it! She is right; living in a small city far from your relatives and taking care of two little children is exhausting, isn't it?

My aim for writing this post is not to talk about having or not having children! I read your recent posts and learned that you are not satisfy with your PhD exam. I want to talk a little about this topic.

In my opinion, that the government (ministry of science,...) is the one in charge for executing the PhD exam is wrong. The government may fail to get a professional team of university professors for designing the exam. As a result, as you already said, the exam they design may not seem standard!

Moreover, the PhD exam should not be 4Gozine-yee only [I'm sorry, I don't know the English term]. The PhD exam must contain descriptive [Tashrihee] problems also. In Mathematics or Physics, when you solve a problem [or answer a question], even partially, the examiner should realize how you think and manage the problem. It is important also that the examiner see the way you write down the answer explicitly. Considering all these factors together, the examiner can come to a conclusion about your score in the exam.

When I took the exam, in 1381, each university had its own PhD exam. In that time, there was not a certain date for the exam. For example, the exam for Tehran university was in 20th Esfand while the exam for Kerman university was in 10th Ordybehesht next year!! All exams contained descriptive questions only [at least for Mathematics]. There were many advantageous and disadvantageous over this kind of exams. One of its disadvantageous was that there was no a consistency in the level of the exams in different universities. Each university emphasized on a particular subject. To become successful in passing the PhD exam in a certain university, you should have known which textbooks they had studied in their classes etc.

Let me finish here. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Mortaza
Moroo

Hi Moroo speaking

Post by Moroo »

Ohh Hi my friends

I miss you, I read some of your past posts ,I feel I know many of you for a long time and this is strange for me.

Writing takes me a long time ,first to choose the words then to check the grammar and then to check what word is appropriate.

I don’t know is it ok or not .

Anyway, I’m male ,43 years old ,I love English movies so much , but I don’t have free time to watch , because I’m the kind of men who take care of his family , share with his wife everything , I think the man who have that personality called “Family Man”.

Oooh this name reminds me about the movie that make me married my wife, It’s a long story but I will try to tell you.

For all my life I don’t like the idea of marriage, ten years ago I met my wife for the first time ,what attracted me most to her was her beauty and intelligence, we started the relation as a friends day by day I felt that I love her :-P but I didn’t tell her because I was not thinking of marriage although I’m sure I will not find a girl can understand me like her ,we love the same things , we hate the same things .

during this period many men proposed to her but she was always refused , finally I told her you should marry the best proposal ,I astonished when she asked me “what about you" ?

I told her you know I’m not thinking of marriage at all, so please go ahead; you are wasting your time with me .

Finally she gets engaged :cry:

I found myself lost without her and depressed and I realized that I’m nothing without her but I didn’t call her .

One day, accidently I saw a movie called “The Family Man” for “Nicolas Cage” ,this movie is about a very rich man how have everything but he is not married and he is very happy person ,till he met a man who has a kind of power .

by some kind of magic he turned “cage” to a married man who has some money and beautiful wife and two babes :-D

I’ll not tell you the rest of the movie you have to watch it by yourself, but this movie makes me marry my wife ,this movie turned my life upside down {-:

Now thanks God I’m really happy :-D with my beautiful wife and my beautiful babes .

Please I’m waiting for your comments :roll:

Dear Behnam ,Can you please send me 'Grammar in use', and 'Collocations in use' in PDF :oops:

Thank you in advance for your cooperation ;-) ;-) ;-)
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mortaza,

Welcome back to your own home! Thank you very much for your friendly post. It really made me happy.

Oh my God! A lot of recommendations for different people! Thank you very much indeed.

I do agree with you about PhD exam. It must be descriptive. Well, there are some advantages and disadvantages. Descriptive testing method has some advantages for talented students, but correcting is difficult for authorities. I personally prefer descriptive testing method to others.

I am waiting for the result. I am not disappointed at all.The exam was terrible. I don't say it was difficult, it was terrible. Not standard. If I had time I could solve all the questions. Therefore, it wasn't difficult for me. However, I couldn't manage the time. I was busy with solving questions, without wasting the time, but I couldn't even see some questions. I lost the questions of one module(subject) completely! }: }: }: How terrible!

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Moroo

Post by Moroo »

Hi my friends {-:
I really miss you all.

I had a problem using the thread; I keep getting an error message when I try to log, I think now the thread is working well.

These days every day before I sleep I read an E-story using a website. In fact it's story for children :oops: I'm trying to keep in touch with English, If anybody recommend websites for reading stories and/or a good story for Intermediate level please tell me, I will be appreciated.

I just know that my daughter has Chickenpox and she cannot go to school for two weeks, the problem is she has exams next week as well she is not allowed to live the house for two weeks, we are afraid his brother get infected.
Anyway we hope she will get well soon .

All the best

17 March,2013
2:35pm
Moroo

Post by Moroo »

Dear my friend Behnam :-P

Thank you very much for sending me these eBooks, I really appreciate your concern.

It's rare these days to find a helpful person like you .

These books will help me a lot to improve my English language .

Tanks a million

All the best
18 March, 2013
1:39PM
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Moroo,

I hope you are fine and doing well , I am sorry for you child ,but be pateint and care the child ,the health will be recovered very soon ,I hope. there are some advices I read it which help you to avoid Chickenpox.How to Avoid Getting Chicken Pox While Helping an Infected Person
1- Avoid touching any of the pox marks until they are crusted over. Until they crust over, they continue to shed the virus.

2-Avoid intimate contact such as kissing. The virus is also shed via the respiratory system.
3-Keep the infected person's eating utensils and drinking glass separate.
4-Turn your head if he or she coughs or sneezes.
5-Practice good hand washing. Wash your hands every time you handle any of the sick person's things.
6- Use an air purifier, which helps filter bacteria and viruses out of the air.
7- Wash bed linens and recently worn clothes in hot, soapy water.
8- Keep yourself healthy. Get sufficient sleep. Eat nutritious food. Take a high-potency multivitamin.
B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Incomplete Story!

Post by behnam »

Hi Moroo,

Thank you for joining us and posting nice posts. I read your love story carefully, but I could not keep track of it! Some important part of the story is unclear! I am happy that you have a beautiful wife and two beautiful children. I also enjoyed reading your love story, but you have not said how could you marry to an engaged girl? Did you want her to get divorced? How could you convince her fiance to agree with divorce?

Unwillingly, you have fallen into a trap! Give me some criteria for measuring the beauty of a lady! Well, you have done it perfectly, since you have chosen a beautiful lady to marry to, as you have said! {-: {-: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my God! Behnam, stop playing joke on an Arab man, he may draw his sword and kill you! :lol: :lol: {-: {-: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Moroo

Post by Moroo »

Hi my friend Mohsen

Thanks a lot for your interest {-: I printed out your advice and I gave it to my wife to follow it.
Although she took the vaccine two times, she get slight infected.

She is sad :cry: because we told her she can't go out to prevent anyone to get infected and also we will separated her from the 9 months baby.
It's hard for her because she loves him so much , We told her that this procedure will be for two weeks only.

Anyway thanks God this will last only for two weeks.

Thank you again
19 March, 2013
2:34 PM
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Moroo,
I think all children are affected by Chicken pox ,and they can bear it easier than older. It is like another disease called jaundice . Many children are infected by jaundice at the first days of life and most parents fear to see that their child got jaundice .
I went to my brother 'house last week to visit his new born baby , his child was in special glass chamber to be exposed by florescent light for three days.
I told my brother's wife not to be worry , this is not a dangerous , she will be recovered very soon .
This is a fact that the human worries are endless unless when he entrusts all of unwanted events to God.
I prepared a piece of gold and a bunch of flowers as a gift to the baby ,and my wife offered them to the babies'mother.
What is the custom in your country for visiting a new born baby?
B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Moroo,

It is sad to hear that your kid does not feel well. I wish her an early recovery.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
naseh

Post by naseh »

Hellloooooo,
It is me, Naseh, the eldest friend of this thread.

Please I wanna a big welcome for my friend who join this thread. He is from Yemen too.

Therefore, I forget to hello you all, all of you, old memebers and the new. I have been following you from out side.

Yours,
Naseh of Yemen.
Moroo

Post by Moroo »

Hi my friend Behnam

Thank you so much for asking about my daughter, en shaa allah she will be fine :-D

In respect of my story , Ooooooh don't get me wrong. She didn't get formal engagement, she only saw this person for not more than two weeks, and even he doesn't saw her father. And do you know after we get married she told me that she wasn't attracted to him, but she did that to make me feel how important is she :evil:

Hope now it's clear for all :?:

In respect of my criteria of measuring the beauty, in my opinion the inside beauty is much more important than the outside beauty. I described my wife as beautiful for the following reasons : First: she loves me so much. Second :She knows about me more than me even if I make tea I asked her how much sugar that I need :lol:

Third :??????????? :~:

Wish you all the happiness and love.
20 March, 2013
1:53 PM
naseh

Post by naseh »

Hello members of this thread,

How is life with you?, one by one, then a special ask to Behnam, Mohsen, Amal, and Elham. How are you my old friends? I am sooooooo happy to join you again. And hope other friends would forgive me if I forget their names..Also, a warm welcome to the new memebers who have joined.

I can't tell what had happened to me to stop joining you and just satisfied by following you. let's call it a technical error.

Yours,
Naseh
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

And finallyyyyyyyyy

******* SPRING is here ***********

My beautiful, wonderful, majestic, glorious, breathtaking, uplifting, happy, magnificent, colorful, tasteful, sweet, favorable, melodious, lovely spring! :-D :-D :-D

Huraaaaaaaaaaa :-D :-) :-D

Oh my dear friends, do you smell the bride of seasons, spring? She's here again with its all fantastic features. I am so happy, I love spring and whatever it brings; playful blossoms, lovely pleasant weather,wonderful rain, that energetic green color... wowwwwwwww, it brings a whole new life!

I'm here to congratulate you the spring and wish a very happy new year for my Iranian friends. I wish you all health, happiness and calmness.

Love,
Eli
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Moroo, the family man {-;

How are you? Hope your little lovely girl is better. I've read all of your posts and I like your intimacy and friendly writings.

Let me congratulate you on your beautiful wife! The woman who loves you so much and cares about you. For sure she's a gift from god to you. Emmmm, actually all women are special gift of god to the world! {-; :lol:

I'm very happy to hear you enjoy her presence and I'm sure it goes for her too. I wish this beautiful love goes on for ever this way. :-)

Hope to hear more from you,

All the best,
Eli
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy New Year!

Post by behnam »

Dear Iranian friends, and people who celebrate the first day of spring,

Happy New Year to you and to your family. I hope this year will bring you more happiness, success, calmness, peace of mind, and prosperity.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

More Explanation Please!

Post by behnam »

Hi Moroo,

Thank you for your kind reply. Storynory is a site that provides stories for children. You can download the audio files as well as the scripts. Go to Google and write 'Storynory+story' in the searching box. You will find it useful. I hope so.

Dear Moroo, you are still in the trap! What do you mean by 'inside and outside' beauty'? How do you know that your wife loves you so much? This can be an extremely important question, since its answer provides men with some handy criteria for measuring wives' love for their husbands. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally, you haven't made the third reason clear! What's that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Ways to Improve your Body Languag(Part one)

Post by behnam »

A friend has emailed me the following text. It can be useful in terms of English practising and knowledge gaining.

Improving your body language can make a big difference in your people skills, attractiveness and general mood.

There is no specific advice on how to use your body language. What you do might be interpreted in several ways, depending on the setting and who you are talking to. You'll probably want to use your body language differently when talking to your boss compared to when you talk to a girl/guy you're interested in. These are some common interpretations of body language and often more effective ways to communicate with your body.

First, to change your body language you must be aware of your body language. Notice how you sit, how you stand, how you use you hands and legs, what you do while talking to someone.

You might want to practice in front of a mirror. Yeah, it might seem silly but no one is watching you. This will give you good feedback on how you look to other people and give you an opportunity to practise a bit before going out into the world.

Another tip is to close your eyes and visualize how you would stand and sit to feel confident, open and relaxed or whatever you want to communicate. See yourself move like that version of yourself. Then try it out.

You might also want observe friends, role models, movie stars or other people you think has good body language. Observe what they do and you don't. Take bits and pieces you like from different people. Try using what you can learn from them.

Some of these tips might seem like you are faking something. But fake it til you make it is a useful way to learn something new. And remember, feelings work backwards too. If you smile a bit more you will feel happier. If you sit up straight you will feel more energetic and in control. If you slow down your movements you'll feel calmer. Your feelings will actually reinforce your new behaviours and feelings of weirdness will dissipate.

In the beginning easy it's to exaggerate your body language. You might sit with your legs almost ridiculously far apart or sit up straight in a tense pose all the time. That's ok. And people aren't looking as much as you think, they are worrying about their own problems. Just play around a bit, practice and monitor yourself to find a comfortable balance.

1. Don't cross your arms or legs – You have probably already heard you shouldn't cross your arms as it might make you seem defensive or guarded. This goes for your legs too. Keep your arms and legs open.

2. Have eye contact, but don't stare – If there are several people you are talking to, give them all some eye contact to create a better connection and see if they are listening. Keeping too much eye-contact might creep people out. Giving no eye-contact might make you seem insecure. If you are not used to keeping eye-contact it might feel a little hard or scary in the beginning but keep working on it and you'll get used to it.

3. Don't be afraid to take up some space – Taking up space by for example sitting or standing with your legs apart a bit signals self-confidence and that you are comfortable in your own skin.

4. Relax your shoulders – When you feel tense it's easily winds up as tension in your shoulders. They might move up and forward a bit. Try to relax. Try to loosen up by shaking the shoulders a bit and move them back slightly.

5. Nod when they are talking – nod once in a while to signal that you are listening. But don't overdo it and peck like Woody Woodpecker.

6. Don't slouch, sit up straight – but in a relaxed way, not in a too tense manner.

7. Lean, but not too much – If you want to show that you are interested in what someone is saying, lean toward the person talking. If you want to show that you're confident in yourself and relaxed lean back a bit. But don't lean in too much or you might seem needy and desperate for some approval. Or lean back too much or you might seem arrogant and distant.

8. Smile and laugh – lighten up, don't take yourself too seriously. Relax a bit, smile and laugh when someone says something funny. People will be a lot more inclined to listen to you if you seem to be a positive person. But don't be the first to laugh at your own jokes, it makes you seem nervous and needy. Smile when you are introduced to someone but don't keep a smile plastered on your face, you'll seem insincere.

9. Don't touch your face – it might make you seem nervous and can be distracting for the listeners or the people in the conversation.

10. Keep you head up – Don't keep your eyes on the ground, it might make you seem insecure and a bit lost. Keep your head up straight and your eyes towards the horizon.

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Ways to Improve your Body Languag(Part Two))

Post by behnam »

11. Slow down a bit – this goes for many things. Walking slower not only makes you seem more calm and confident, it will also make you feel less stressed. If someone addresses you, don't snap you're neck in their direction, turn it a bit more slowly instead.

12. Don't fidget – try to avoid, phase out or transform fidgety movement and nervous ticks such as shaking your leg or tapping your fingers against the table rapidly. You'll seem nervous and fidgeting can be a distracting when you try to get something across. Declutter your movements if you are all over the place. Try to relax, slow down and focus your movements.

13. Use your hands more confidently – instead of fidgeting with your hands and scratching your face use them to communicate what you are trying to say. Use your hands to describe something or to add weight to a point you are trying to make. But don't use them to much or it might become distracting. And don't let your hands flail around, use them with some control.

14. Lower your drink – don't hold your drink in front of your chest. In fact, don't hold anything in front of your heart as it will make you seem guarded and distant. Lower it and hold it beside your leg instead.

15. Realise where you spine ends – many people (including me until recently) might sit or stand with a straight back in a good posture. However, they might think that the spine ends where the neck begins and therefore crane the neck forward in a Montgomery Burns-pose. Your spine ends in the back of your head. Keep you whole spine straight and aligned for better posture.

16. Don't stand too close –one of the things we learned from Seinfeld is that everybody gets weirded out by a close-talker. Let people have their personal space, don't invade it.

17. Mirror – Often when you get along with a person, when the two of you get a good connection, you will start to mirror each other unconsciously. That means that you mirror the other person's body language a bit. To make the connection better you can try a bit of proactive mirroring. If he leans forward, you might lean forward. If he puts hands in pocket, you might do the same. But don't react instantly and don't mirror every change in body language. Then weirdness will ensue.

18. Keep a good attitude – last but not least, keep a positive, open and relaxed attitude. How you feel will come through in your body language and can make a major difference. For information on how make yourself feel better read 10 ways to change how you feel and for relaxation try A very simple way to feel relaxed for 24 hours.

You can change your body language but as all new habits it takes a while. Especially things like keeping you head up might take time to correct if you have spent thousands of days looking at your feet. And if you try and change to many things at once it might become confusing and feel overwhelming.

Take a couple of these body language bits to work on every day for three to four weeks. By then they should have developed into new habits and something you'll do without even thinking about it. If not, keep on until it sticks. Then take another couple of things you'd like to change and work on them.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Happy new year

Wishing you peace, much joy to you in Newyear. May the warmest wishes, happy thoughts, lucky and friendly greetings reinforce at New Year .

Best regards! :-P
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Big Hello to My Dear Friends

Post by Kamelia »

Hello there,

I don't want to preach that the new spring and Noruz will erase all the mistakes we made, all the wrong ways we took, all the lies we told, all our wrong deeds

But that,

It will teach us that we human beings are made to make mistakes but learn from them, reform, be better, make new pure souls out of the ashes we spread, and finally rebirth!

Happy New Year to my Iranian friends, and happy one more new spring to all our friends here. I will you all the happiest, healthiest and safest life wherever you are :-)
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi My great Behnam,

In this new year
May God grant you:
Sun to warm you,
Moon to charm you,
An Angel to protect you,
True love to care for you,
A friend to listen to you!

I want to say happy Teacher's Day my great and best teacher ever. I wont forget your favor, thanks ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT for everything.
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi My dear Elham,

Happy new year, I hope you are enjoying spring as I do! :-D

My wishes for you are not limited to just the next year but to all the years that you experience in your lifetime and in your reincarnations! Have a Fun-filled, Smashing, Rocking And Happening New Year!
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Happy new year to all my Iranian's Friends! :-)
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Hi to all..

1- Happy new Iranian year to you Behnam and Elham.
2- Happy mother day to all yours mothers my friends.
3- Happy teacher day to you my dear brother Behman and for me as a teacher too.
4- Dear Behman, you asked me why i didn't wrote anything in the thread in the last weeks...
My dear I feel lonely here. First of all because who has invited me to be here are now... you know what I mean, and second of all because I was waiting for reply from all to my posts but unfortunately there was no one here except a few shy replies I appreciated.
Dear brother I tried to be one of you and precisely you, Elham and Amal but it seems to be I failed.
So I'm here and not here. Thanks for your inquiry my dear.

Have nice days to all.
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Wilzin,

Come onnnn, I didn't like some of your unkind words in your post! You are alone? You don't get enough replies? ..... so you don't tend to write? ohhhhh, I don't understand

Emmm, I think you're upset with just one person but you are punishing all! Your words are not accepted! Actually, I'm angry with your words and you have to do sth and pure some water on the fire! :lol:

YES....

Eli
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Come On Man!

Post by behnam »

Hi Wilzin,

Many thanks for your friendly words. You are a kind person. From the time you have entered this thread, you are in our thoughts. Nothing can take you from our thoughts. You are also in my heart. I cannot judge about others' hearts, but I can safely say that you are in my heart. :lol: :lol:

As a piece of brotherly advice, you should know, ladies are like butterfly. If you try to take them, they will fly away. Just be silent and moveless, they will come and sit on your shoulders! :lol: :lol:

I want you to manage your feelings. Try to understand the limitations which the culture, the family, and the religion impose on our relationships!

As my lovely and kind friend Elham the great has asked, pour some water into the fire you have lit. Oh my God! I love this sentence very much, since I love lighting fire and pouring water into it. This is exactly what a wise man must do! Believe me, I am really laughing out loud! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Behnam, that's enough, you are in a naughty mood! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 22 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy Mother's Day!

Post by behnam »

Dear Friends,

I'd like to say 'Happy Mother's Day' to all mothers and potential mothers!

In Iran, 21st March isn't Mother's Day. Well, we are Iranian and we dislike to follow others. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Iran, Mother's Day is the birthday of 'Fatemeh' the only daughter of prophet Mohammad(PBUH).

21st March cannot be a special day for all people in the world. It can be a special day for some nations, but surely it isn't a special day for all. Therefore, it is not normal to follow others blindly. I don't mean that other countries should follow us! No, never! For Iranian, Mother's Day is connected to their religious belief. What I am saying is being independent! I believe, every region should have its Mother's Day, since this day should be the symbol of motherhood! This day should be used as the valuation, the benchmark, and the criteria of judgement on ideal mothers in a society!

For us, as Shiite group, 'Fatemeh'; the only daughter of Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) is considered as the ideal mother(woman). She is the benchmark, the valuation, the symbol, the criterion, and the scale! Now, you can judge yourself, how wise and independent Iranian people are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our Mother's Day introduces a belief, an ideology, a strategy, a great philosophy. What does 21st March say? I may not know, you let me know! I would appreciate if you could let me know what has made the 21st March a special day for the entire world?

All the best,
Behnam, 22 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi WiLZiN,

I think your name is special name , it is difficult to remember a special name. I don't know Wilzin is a male or female. My suggestion for going out from loneliness is to use a name which can be stuck in the mind.
I said my idea , I don't know if Behnam and Elham and Amal have a problem with your name or not!!
The second one is that you write poetic and in a special way , for example ,I remember you said in one of your post "Welcome to our thread.
You can consider that it's 2 in 1"
I didn't get it .
This is my lack of knowledge , I don't know if other friend got it or not.
I am writing in loneliness too ,but I like it.

I like you
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Friends,
How do you spend your holiday , do have same feeling like me. In the second day of new year holiday ,I feel I have eaten too much and filled my stomach up to neck, Just now ,12.20 , I am going to my uncle house for a lunch reception, also I have invited to my wife's brother for dinner. It is difficult job , because I have eaten two pizzas last night and big breakfast at morning , I feel my cheek is burning,may be my blood pressure or cholesterol gone up ,. I may repent after new year holiday if I will be alive :-) :-)

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Moroo

Post by Moroo »

Dear our Iranian friends
Happy new year for you all, wishing you all the happiness and joy :-P
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Moroo,

How are you?

I am sorry about my late reply, in fact I wanted to see the movie then write my post but sadly I couldn't find the full movie on Youtube.

Do you know what my problem is? My problem is that I watch movies but I don't remember their names! Moreover, sometimes, I even don't see their names AT ALL!!! :lol: :-x
I don't care about this matter cause the name isn't important for me, what really matter is the story itself. What bothers me also is that I remember EVERY details in the movie if I saw it again for less than a minute but I can't memorize a name!!! :-x Why???????!!!! :-(

However, I remember that I watched "The Family Man" before on TV so I just saw some parts of it and I immediately remembered its story. It is really a good movie and I liked it!

Sometimes, it's hard to choose between somethings which you care about and what your heart is telling you!
Sometimes, we should give up on having our life's dream, in the hope of getting a new and better one.
Sometimes, we have to change our thoughts and beliefs just for someone who would change our world and make it happier..

But how would we know that our choice would be good?! How would we know that it wouldn't ruin our life?! :roll:

Thank god, it seems that your choice was perfect! Good for you! {-;
I am glad to hear that your love story has end with marriage since most of love stories these days don't have happy ending. :-( Why do you think?! What's wrong?!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
Amal
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Hi Behman & Elham...

May be I'm upset by someone here, but I don't want to punish anyone, you are my dear friends and always in my heart and mind.
Currently, I'm in a difficult period lonely and I'm desperately need who stand side by side with me, but everyone around me are busy or don't care or they have gone away because of orders or ideas controlled them.
As you know "Actions speak louder than words" and that is what i'm doing now and any action has positive and negative results and we have to bear but the others don't accept.
Now I'm feeling like the prophet Moses "Go with your God and fight alone, we will stay sitting here = فَاذْهَبْ أَنتَ وَرَبُّكَ فَقَاتِلا إِنَّا هَاهُنَا قَاعِدُونَ" and because of that I'm doing what Allah inspire me to do so please no one blame me on the negative results of my actions.
Dear Behnam, I'm afraid about the butterfly from burning itself in the fire of the others. What you said is nice and wise words and thank you for them.
Please pray for me dear friends as possible as, I'm really want that extremely.

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Hi Mohsen...

My real name is Wael "male". I wrote about my self many times here in the thread.
You remind me with this song "Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,I have nobody for my own".
Thanks for your reply and happy new year my dear.

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
Kayan

Post by Kayan »

Hi all,

I am new in this forums. Let introduce myself first. I am Yan. I come from Hong Kong, but now I am studying English in Taiwan. It is a little bit shame that I am studying English but my English is not that good. :-(

Actually I am suffering in my essay paper now, so I just want to find somewhere can take a fresh breath, make some new friends, and of course, learn English together. {-:

Good to see you all, and hope to see you next time.

Best,
Yan
Moroo

Post by Moroo »

Dear my friend Mohsen

Sorry for delay in responding to your kind post.

In respect of our custom when a new baby born, in Egypt I think it’s the same as your country ,when a baby born we offer a bunch of flowers and a piece of gold like a ring or pound gold or bracelet and sometimes for close friends we offer some money .

Please send my congratulation to your brother for his new baby :-P

All the best
Moroo

Post by Moroo »

My dearest friend Behnam

You always helpful {-: thank you very much for the site that you sent, this site is really wonderful ,it helped me a lot ,I download stories and listen to them before I sleep ,and also I listen to the a story will I’m driving ,these days I’m listening to Hansel and Gretal story :oops:

You asked me who do I know that my wife loves me :evil: ,I'm sure …..

Do you know why !

Because she always tells me that, and I have to believe her, or else … :arrow:

That’s why my name is morro know :lol: :lol:

All the best ;-)
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

WiLZiN wrote:
May be I'm upset by someone here...
Hehe! Upset with someone here?!! Or that someone is upset with you???!!!
WiLZiN wrote: they have gone away because of orders or ideas controlled them.
I don't think that people go away just because of orders or ideas. " as you said"

By the way, I didn't invite anyone to this thread, be careful! And remember how you get the address! :-x
:-| :-| :-| :-|
setayesh

Post by setayesh »

Hiiiiiiiiiiii My Dear Old Friends

I'm a bit late in congratulating Nowrooz to you.so let me say Happy New year to all of you. wishing you all the best in this year.

you are always in my heart,although I rarely write in this beautiful garden.

lots of love
kisssssssss

Seti