EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Job Opportunities abroad

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Job Opportunities abroad

Postby Dhara » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 am

Hi,

I am planning to pursue my Master's in English Language Teaching from UK.
However,I am scared of the job the opportunities thereafter.
Can anyone shed any light on this matter? Iam really concerned.
Dhara

Re: Job Opportunities abroad

Postby Tofayelbd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:27 pm

In UK English Teaching opportunity is very competitive. But any nonnative English Language country, you will be a highly demanded person.
Tofayelbd

Postby huongdong » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:57 am

i think you should come The Philiphinse. You will find the courses which you want to study.
huongdong

Postby huongdong » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 am

Why don't you come to Viet Nam. My country is wonderful environment which you can show your skills. Vietnameses who want to study english very much. You will be paid much salarry if you teach in my country.
huongdong

Postby marcus » Wed May 07, 2014 5:20 am

I am not in that country but all i can say was put confidence in your self ,in Helsinki where i live i already grab all the opportunity including being a staff in cleaning services at http://www.aton.fi/ and i also do other job like call center,real estate agent etc . and because of that i save a lot of money .
marcus

Postby MsJen&Co » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:10 am

Hey Dhara,

As some have already said, there is a lot of opportunity to work abroad for English teachers. I don't know what the situation is like in the UK, but I've heard it can be rough for teachers to get a job right away. I have a friend who had to do a year placement before the school actually hired him. But the opportunities abroad are numerous.

I'm from the US and I went to Taiwan to teach. It was a way to expand my teaching skills, work on my Chinese, and travel and I loved it. I worked for a private school that did after school classes for school kids but I also got to do some nursery teaching, too which was fun. I had friends that worked at the American and British schools in Taipei and they absolutely loved that.

If you are willing to go abroad there is a lot out there. You can do a few years here and there and see what works for you and what countries you really love. But if you want to stay in the UK, it's not impossible, but try to get placements and network as much as you can before you graduate. It might help you loads afterward.

Best of luck with your degree.
MsJen&Co

Return to General Discussion