Please help checking my writing

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

teppei

Please help checking my writing

Post by teppei »

I'm really confusing about my writing, if anybody having good english please help me.
I am a student from Japan studying about hydropower.
I'm going to post this to international conference as proceeding.
Could you check them for me? and please fix them to better english.
This is only introduction part.
I still have plenty to go.
Thank you.

1. Introduction
African coutries have been showing remarkable economic growth since 2003 with the consequence of global price rise of mining resources. Tanzania is not an exception as a resource-rich country which achieved remarkable economic growth and infrastractures such as roads, sewerage and electric network have been widely constructed. In the circumstances, although the power grids have been extended year by year they cover 12% of population in city area and only 2.5% of population in rural area (NBS,2007).
On the other hand, the demands for electricity have been increasing in rural area. This is because in addition to providing electricity to medical facilities and lighting at homes and schools, electricity for mobile phone is needed as a new demand. For people in rural area who have no transportation such as cars and motor bikes mobile phone is a vital tool to communicate relatives and friends living far away, get information of market prices of crops and sending money through deposit system to their children who go to school in another area.
People in rural area with no access to power grids sometimes use generators with petrol engine or PV panels. However in the area far from city the price of petrol is expensive and during rainy season PV panel could provide only little power. Small hydropower could be considered as stable and low cost power source .
There is almost no picohydro system introduced as off-grid system but only a few cases in the region where there are plenty of falls and water. Main barriers to introduce picohydro in Tanzania would be lack of technology and materaials, and the cost. Furthermore drastic water level changes through dry and rainy season cause submergence of picohydro systems. Plain areas in Tanzania have many rivers which do not run dry and if picohydro generation in this condition is achieved the lives in rural area could be widely electrificated by off-grid picohydro systems.
Though there are some studies of introducing picohydro in developing countries( Susanto and Stamp,2012, Vicente and Bludszuweit, 2012), studies of introducing picohydro in the region lacking of manufacturing and maintenance technology is none. Establishing methods of development and introducion of picohydro system in the region would open alternative way of achieving electrification in developing countries.
Hence this study investigate the case of picohydro project by a villagers' group in Mfuto villiage , clarifies the methodology of development and introduction of picohydro systems in this region and testify the validity of the picohydro systems.
rockybutty

Re: Please help checking my writing

Post by rockybutty »

1. Introduction

African coutries have been showing remarkable economic growth since 2003 with the consequence of global price rise of mining resources. Tanzania is not an exception as a resource-rich country which achieved remarkable economic growth and infrastractures such as roads, sewerage and electric network have been widely constructed. In the circumstances, although the power grids have been extended year by year they cover 12% of population in city area and only 2.5% of population in rural area (NBS,2007).

On the other hand, the demands for electricity have been increasing in rural area. This is because in addition to providing electricity to medical facilities and lighting at homes and schools, electricity for mobile phone is needed as a new demand. For people in rural area who have no transportation such as cars and motor bikes mobile phone is a vital tool to communicate relatives and friends living far away, get information of market prices of crops and sending money through deposit system to their children who go to school in another area.

People in rural area with no access to power grids sometimes use generators with petrol engine or PV panels. However in the area far from city the price of petrol is expensive and during rainy season PV panel could provide only little power. Small hydropower could be considered as stable and low cost power source .

There is almost no picohydro system introduced as off-grid system but only a few cases in the region where there are plenty of falls and water. Main barriers to introduce picohydro in Tanzania would be lack of technology and materaials, and the cost. Furthermore drastic water level changes through dry and rainy season cause submergence of picohydro systems. Plain areas in Tanzania have many rivers which do not run dry and if picohydro generation in this condition is achieved the lives in rural area could be widely electrificated by off-grid picohydro systems.
Though there are some studies of introducing picohydro in developing countries( Susanto and Stamp,2012, Vicente and Bludszuweit, 2012), studies of introducing picohydro in the region lacking of manufacturing and maintenance technology is none. Establishing methods of development and introducion of picohydro system in the region would open alternative way of achieving electrification in developing countries.

Hence this study investigate the case of picohydro project by a villagers' group in Mfuto villiage , clarifies the methodology of development and introduction of picohydro systems in this region and testify the validity of the picohydro systems.

Sorry about this, i just make it easier to read your post.