EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Dear Wilzin,

You may take comfort in knowing that everybody in this forum like you.
God addresses the believers that the law of retaliation makes a security for the members of society, this law was prescribed that in case of murder, the murderer should be executed ,so nobody in the society commit a crime ,so God say that the law of retaliation makes the security for the society.
This is the interpretation of what God has said in Quran 2-179 .
God always have mercy on people ,and when he punishes the people he would like to aware people for avoiding of committing sins. For example may people committing adultery and he punish them by earthquake , flood , hurricane ,drought, activity of volcano …and so on
Furthermore sometimes God tests the believers to measure their faith in order to see who the patients are

وَ نَبْلُوکم بِالشَّرِّ وَالْخَیْرِ فِتْنَةً
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby [amal] » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi Mohsen,

How are you?

Sorry, I wasn't at home so I couldn't reply earlier. Don't worry about me please, since I don't have to go to the frontier and fight, the fight is near my house! {-: :roll:

Anyway, I want to write about spoiled children and upbringing. I think these days the parents need to learn about upbringing before they raise their children. They should know a lot about how to deal with the new generation since now the new generation is smarter but they don't use there smartness in useful things, they use it to deceit their fathers and mothers in term to get what they want.

The parents should know when to say "No or yes" to their kids requests and as you said they should control their kindness. However, these days most parents don't care, they just want to live their life and enjoy it, no matter what would happened to their children or how they will be in the future...

For example, my cousin is just 3 or 4 years old, he eats A LOT in unmoral way; he couldn't stay a minute without eating. However, if his mother didn't give him food, he keep crying till he gets what he wants!!!

Although giving him food isn't healthy for him but his parent keep doing it just to not hear him crying, they feel sad about him and there is another reason too; they don't want to tolerate his voice!!! :-|

My family and me really feel angry of their actions because first of all it isn't healthy for him and he will get sick in the future above that giving him what he wants always, will spoil him. However, we can't say anything because he is just a kid who doesn't know his interest and his parents think that they are {pampering?} him!!! :-| :-( :-(

Thanks for reading.
Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:10 am

Hi Amal,

My worries never be ended unless I see white color in Syria. I remember when my city was striking by missile and air fighters of Sadam forces ( Iraq regime), my parent took me to a garden 50 kms far from the city. One day my brother and I came back home to pick up some thing and took it to the garden. At home I saw that all of windows glasses were powdered ,and the house was full of dust ,the trees and the garden were dried. The color of death covered everywhere . we had a big house (650 sqm).I was very sad ,I never think that I could to sleep in that house again and felt the calmness again. But it happened ,thanks God. I hope it will happen in your country as soon as possible and you come back to your house.

Anyway let me say something about children and parents.

The parents' heart is the source of love for their children. The love for children has been `legislated' by God in the very nature of parenthood. It is normal for a parent to love his or her child; it is abnormal for a parent not to love his or her child. This is the natural law as well as the religious law.
The prophet of Islam said that The child is the master for seven years;but it doesn't mean that the child is free to do everything , it means that the parents are not free to do everything in presence of the child ,because the child is the master ,so when there is a master at home ,the parent should be very polite in front of him/her, the parent should be careful in their behavior.
,the parents should not shout and quarreling ,never use bad words ,not have sex when the child is near to them and …so on.
When parents follow their responsibility correctly ,the child never be spoiled. This is the meaning of the prophet Hadith , but many parent interpret it in bad way.

B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

TOLIMO Exam!

Postby behnam » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Dear friends,

I am taking TOLIMO exam on 21st of June. TOLIMO stands for The Test of Language by the Iranian Measurement Organization. It is very similar to TOEFL. In fact, it can be said that TOLIMO is an Iranian version of TOEFL. It has different sections. I writing section, the candidates are given a topic to write an essay about it. Candidates must write their essays in 30 minutes. Then they are given 140 questions. Forty questions are about 'Structure and written expression', fifty questions are about 'Reading comprehension', and fifty questions are about 'Listening comprehension'.

About three and a half years ago, I took IELTS exam. It was easy, because in IELTS questions are designed to test candidates' language skills. However, like TOEFL, TOLIMO focuses on their knowledge of the English language. Therefore, candidates have to memorize some grammar points as well as the meaning of many words.

To be honest, I am practising and making myself ready for the exam. Today, for example, I worked on some models test with a very nice friend. We revised some grammar points. It was great.

To practise writing, I've decided to write an essay everyday. I've got a book entitled 'How to prepare for TOEFL essays'. I will copy essays down exactly as it is written in the book. This will help me 'and maybe you, with essay writing.

People attend college or university for many different reasons. Why do you think people attend college or university? Use reasons and examples to support your answer.

People attend college for a lot of different reasons. I believe that the three most common reasons are to prepare for a career, to have new experiences, and to increase their knowledge of themselves and of the world around them.

Career preparation is probably the primary reason that people attend college. These days, the job market is very competitive. Careers such as information technology will need many new workers in the near future. At college, students can learn new skills for these careers and increase their opportunities for the future.

Students also go to college to have new experiences. For many, it is their first time away from home. At college, they can meet new people from many different places. They can see what life is like in a different city. They can learn to live on their own and take care of themselves without having their family always nearby.

At college, students have the opportunity to increase their knowledge. As they decide what they want to study, pursue their studies, and interact with their classmates, they learn a lot about many subjects in their classes. In addition to the skills and knowledge related to their career, college students also have the chance to take classes in other areas. For many, this will be their last chance to study different subjects.

Colleges offer much more that career preparation. They offer the opportunity to have new experiences and to learn many kinds of things. I think all of these are reasons why people attend college.

My comment: The essay is written beautifully and effectively. However, some words such as college and attend are overused. In somewhere, college could have been replaced with university.

As far as I am concerned, the introductory paragraph and the conclusion are written effectively. Some words, for example 'prepare', are used in different structures with different functions. Most importantly, the essay is written coherently.

I hope to read your comments on this essay.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 April, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Dear friends,

I am taking TOLIMO exam on 21st of June. TOLIMO stands for The Test of Language by the Iranian Measurement Organization. It is very similar to TOEFL exam. In fact, it can be said that TOLIMO is an Iranian version of TOEFL. It has different sections. In writing section, the candidates are given a topic to write an essay about it. Candidates must write their essays in 30 minutes. Then they are given 140 questions. Forty questions are about 'Structure and written expression', fifty questions are about 'Reading comprehension', and fifty questions are about 'Listening comprehension'.

About three and a half years ago, I took IELTS exam. It was easy, because in IELTS exam questions are designed to test candidates' language skills. However, like TOEFL, TOLIMO focuses on knowledge of the English language. Therefore, candidates have to memorize some grammar points as well as the meaning of many words for preparation.

To be honest, I am practising and making myself ready for the exam. Today, for example, I worked on some model tests with a very nice friend. We revised some grammar points. It was great.

To practise writing, I've decided to write an essay everyday. I've got a book entitled 'How to prepare for TOEFL essays'. I will copy essays down exactly as they are written in the book. This will help me, and maybe you, with essay writing.

People attend college or university for many different reasons. Why do you think people attend college or university? Use reasons and examples to support your answer.

People attend college for a lot of different reasons. I believe that the three most common reasons are to prepare for a career, to have new experiences, and to increase their knowledge of themselves and of the world around them.

Career preparation is probably the primary reason that people attend college. These days, the job market is very competitive. Careers such as information technology will need many new workers in the near future. At college, students can learn new skills for these careers and increase their opportunities for the future.

Students also go to college to have new experiences. For many, it is their first time away from home. At college, they can meet new people from many different places. They can see what life is like in a different city. They can learn to live on their own and take care of themselves without having their family always nearby.

At college, students have the opportunity to increase their knowledge. As they decide what they want to study, pursue their studies, and interact with their classmates, they learn a lot about many subjects in their classes. In addition to the skills and knowledge related to their career, college students also have the chance to take classes in other areas. For many, this will be their last chance to study different subjects.

Colleges offer much more that career preparation. They offer the opportunity to have new experiences and to learn many kinds of things. I think all of these are reasons why people attend college.

My comment: The essay is written beautifully and effectively. However, some words such as college and attend are overused. In somewhere, college could have been replaced with university.

As far as I am concerned, the introductory paragraph and the conclusion are written effectively. Some words, for example 'prepare', are used in different structures with different functions. Most importantly, the essay is written coherently.

I hope to read your comments on this essay.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 April, 2013

P.S. Some mistakes are corrected. Sorry for posting twice.
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Amoure » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Dr.Behnam jooooooooon;
Congratulations!
Kiss YOU!
Amoure

Postby Elham » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Congratulations dear Behnam on the excellent result of your PhD exam.

Wowwwwww,I knew that you get the best of results, cause you deserved it. Hearing your good news about your exam's result made me very happy. Thanks for sharing your great success and happiness with me. Your happiness is mine too. :-D :-D :-D :-D

We have to hold a party and I'm going to take my " soor" from you! YES! {-; :lol:
I'm not there to have your sweet victory confection, but I want it, I don't know how, but you HAVE TO give me the sweetest confection you can. How? I don't know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

*A million Congratulations from me to my dearest friend on one biggest victories of his life*

Wish you the best,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Dear friends,

Iranian Measurement Organization announced the written exam results today. Among about 300 people, I ranked fourth. It means that I passed the written exam successfully. The result was beyond my imagination! Thank God!

The next step is choosing the universities which have my subject(Photonics) in their education program. I am allowed to choose all of those universities. Then, next month, they will invite me for an oral exam. It is like a job interview. Professors will ask me some questions about the subject. In fact, the interview is like a meeting. The professors will test my ability and knowledge. Then they will mark. Finally, in September, Iranian Measurement Organization will announce final results.

For me, it was a great success. Besides God's help and support, some people have played important roles in this success. First of all, I'd like to thank my wife for her encouragement, support, care, and patience. Without her support, it was impossible for me to focus on studying and preparing for exam. She has provided a friendly peaceful and calm atmosphere for me at home. Finally, I have got some wonderful friends. My friends have supported me emotionally. They have encouraged me in achieving this goal. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all friends for what they have done for me. Thank you all very much indeed.

I am really excited. I don't know what to write. Please accept my apology. I do love you so much.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This was a gift from God. God helps people who help each other. You helped me, and God gave us this happiness. I am happy to share this happiness with you.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Second Essay!

Postby behnam » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Parents shape their children from the beginning of their children's lives. They teach their children values. They share their interests with them. They develop close emotional ties with them. Parents can be very important teachers in their children's lives; however, they are not always the best teachers.

Parents may be too close to their children emotionally. For example, they may limit a child's freedom in the name of safety. A teacher may organize an educational trip to a big city, but a parent may think this trip is too dangerous. A school may want to take the children camping, but a parent may be afraid of the child getting hurt.

Another problem is that parents sometimes expect their children's interests to be similar to their own. If the parents love science, they may try to force their child to love science too. But what if the child prefers art? If the parents enjoy sports, they may expect their child to participate in different teams. But what if the child prefers to read?

parents want to pass on their values to their children. However, things change. The children of today are growing up in a world different from their parent's world. Sometimes parents, specially older ones, can't keep up with rapid social or technological changes. A student who has friends of different races at school may find that his parents have narrower views. A student who loves computers may find that her parents don't understand or value the digital revolution.

Parents are important teachers in our lives, but they aren't always the best teachers. Fortunately, we have many teachers in our lives. Our parents teach us, our teachers teach us, and we learn from our peers. Books and newspapers also teach us. All of them are valuable.

My comment: I don't know why I dislike this essay!

All the best,
Behnam, 15 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby WiLZiN » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Dear Iranian friends...

How are you all?!

please tell me about your news. I'm afraid about you all. May Allah bless you all.

I'm waiting for your replies...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion