EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby WiLZiN » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Dear friend PhD. Behnam...

Congratulations my older brother, what a great news. I am very happy for you dear.
Words are not enough to express my happiness and how much I'm proud of you.

I want a "dessert" "تحلاية" for this news, this is one of our Arabic habits "when some one have a good news he should bring desserts to his dear ones".

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Silver Member

The Third Essay!

Postby behnam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi friends,

Thank you very much for your care. Mit, Eli, Wael, Amal, Seti, Mohsen, Mary, Kami, Roq, Roy, Ami, Vens, Heaven, Sofi, sumi, Shari, .. It is not possible to list all people who have congratulate me in different ways. Thank you very much indeed.

Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Food is a basic part of life, so it follows that improved methods of food preparation have made our lives better. Nowadays we can prepare meals much faster than we could in the past. We can also enjoy a greater variety of food and eat more healthfully, all because of modern methods of food preparation.

Microwave ovens have made it possible to prepare delicious food quickly. people these days rarely have time to shop and prepare meals the old-fashioned way. We live very fast lives. We are busy working, caring for our families, travelling, playing sports, and many other things. Because of microwave ovens, we have time to enjoy a good meal with our family and then play soccer, go to a movie, study, or do anything else we want to afterwards.

Modern methods of preserving food have made it possible to enjoy a wide variety of food. Because of refrigerators, freezers, canning, and freeze-drying, we can eat fruits and vegetables that come from far away places. We can prepare a meal one day and save the leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer to eat at another time. We can keep different kinds of food in the refrigerator or on the shelf. It's easy to always have food available and to be able to eat completely different meals every day.

Healthful eating is easier now than it ever was. Because of modern transportation methods, fresh fruits and vegetables are available all year round. Modern kitchen appliances make it easy to prepare fruits and vegetables for cooking. Bread machines make it possible to enjoy healthful, home-cooked bread whenever we like. We can eat fresh and healthful food everyday because modern methods have made preparation easy.

Our lifestyle is fast, but people still like good food. New food preparation methods have given us more choices. Today, we can prepare food that is more convenient, healthier, and of greater variety than ever before in history.

**********************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 16 April, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi Behnam,
In fact you got one of greatest achievement in your life ,that is your perseverance which have been proved.
I want to congratulate you for your great success. I wish that your recent success leads to real happiness and satisfaction as well, as you start making a new life. God bless you more!

Good Luck,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Hi Behnam

Postby Kamelia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 pm

How are you doing dear doctor? I used to call you ostad sometimes and you said something like don't Kami, don't! :-D Now I am going to call you doctor and you can't say NO :-D

Everybody congratulated you HERE and I could not so now I am making it up to my dear ostad, or maybe make it up to me, since everyone's talking of the confection so I thought like maybe I was going to miss it LOOOL
No but seriously, congratulations on your big success a million times and no doubt you will pass the interview even better {-;

I cannot state how happy I felt the day I heard of the news, it felt like me myself had won a contest!!!

Hope to hear the next good news so soon, :-D

Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Mohsen

Postby Kamelia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Hello there. How are you doing?

LOL I am writing this post to prove you wrong :-D That I am writing before the next Holiday :-D

Just kidding, dear Mohsen I was reading your post to dear Amal and I was especially attracted to the part where you talked of your parents' old house. I have not lived in old houses with the wonderfully Persian style of their decoration and structure but from what I have seen mostly in books and magazines and our old one which I lived in for nearly about 8 years I can say that no architecture is as cozy and as charming as the old Villa houses. One felt pretty comfortable in them. Now some days ago we were walking in certain streets of Mashhad which have lots of old houses. Some of them were occupied and some not vacant and pretty ruined. Still they were SO beautiful. The lovely colorful windows, wooden doors and windows sometimes, big yards, lovely little gardens, round plumpy columns, especially the type which has four columns on front. Now I wanted to ask you how your old house looked like. And tell me if you like the Villa type or the apartment complex ones?

Hope to read from you so soon,
Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Elham

Postby Kamelia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm

How are you doing Ellie jo0o0on? How is everything with you? How does spring work on you? Pretty enjoying it or you feel allergic for the first few days? :-D

Thank you so much for the lovely message of friendliness, I dearly appreciate it.

Uh Ellie joon Eid finished as simple as that, even Ab Paria finished and I could not watch the last session, did you? How did it end? :-D But the days after the Holiday are like...uh...drags! I almost got a mountain of stuff to read and evaluate and then to come up with evaluation and critique papers and guess what? I have not even cracked a page, lazy me! :~:

Hmmm...I reached the pc-room and I felt like I need to write to my friends so I just clicked to sing in. But now I am thinking what topic to bring up so that you could write something in return too :-D
Oh wait...in our major we deal with poems a lot. Before this I never liked poetry, I could not understand what they say. I thought like they were just making up stuff so that they seem beautiful. This happened about not all the poets but some of them. It seemed like I could not read poetry on my own, I needed an interpreter like our high school times. But now, I HAVE to read them, it is not the matter of choice or like but a matter of MUST!

I was wondering if you ever felt like me or maybe you never did and were always a fan of poetry. Well in case you fit into the latter case, will you tell me why do you enjoy it? How is it different? Or is it any specially poet you want to mention whom you always enjoyed?

Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Amal

Postby Kamelia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi there sweet one. How are you doing these days?

You wrote about how bad you were because you delayed writing to me and I was wondering what AM I comparing to you?!!! :-D I keep writing with long long intervals and then I justify myself with not having internet access here ( not that I lied or anything) but somehow it is too bad to bring excuses everytime. You are an angel comparing to me honey, don't bother! :-D

Oh concerning the joke somebody had played on you, I could kill her if you want me to ( :-D ) , since I hate when somebody tries to play dirty or dangerous stress-causing jokes on my friends! You know what it is horrible when they give themselves the right to make somebody worried like that! It is unfair, because for a moment after reading that text or hearing a call even you could think of millions of things, God knows where your mind treads!

You know something, I think most of the times it goes back to your mentality. If you got a good mentality concerning the cell-phones and the textual jokes then it would be pretty easy for you not to mind them and dissmiss them one by one since you got a background of what MIGHT have been the real content, serious or jokingly. I mean you know that you got friends who might joke with you just trying to make you laugh or something. Now the reverse case, if you got a bad memory or mentality from these texts, like me, then they might be too painstakingly to bear. Actually the past three years and even this year was full of bad and good news that most of them reached me via cell phone. Now tell you what, the bad ones where horrifyingly sad or stressing like the news of my lovely classmate's death. So I got a very sour scene from texts. I am not saying that I am a total pessimist, waiting for bad news from my phone every minute, but that I feel like it IS possible if the person who is sending this text might be TRUE! Then comes the moment when my minds goes a hundred ways making up plots of what might have happened! Do you see what I am trying to say? Well maybe if I did not have those memories I would not think this way.

All in all, I am not saying that it is good that people try to joke with you like this and that it just goes back to your mentality. I consider it a very bad deed but in addition to that I believe in the effect of your previous experiences on how you interpret the texts.

Now tell me, to what extent do you think it right to joke with somebody physically and verbally?

Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Everyone!

Postby Krisi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:53 pm

This (forum topic) is really a very attractive invitation for English Learners. Congratulations to the organizer(s) and those who supported and still supporting this topic!
It is really nice to know that you have seen the good side of being on this site and how you can make use of what is being offered here to support your English studies.This site is really useful to all of us wanting to learn and improve our English.
I too, had been using this site to support my English studies and also, helped me a lot to improve my reading and writing skills. Though you will find some (most of the time new) members spoiling some board topics from time to time, just don't worry because eventually they will find their way and see for themselves that this site can help them too.
Good luck to all!

(I miss all my English Instructors. Thanks)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Welcome Krisi!

Postby behnam » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Krisi,

Welcome to this thread, and thank you for putting comment. Thank you once again for joining us. You've been on this site since 2007, and you've written more than five thousands posts! That's amazing! You are an experienced learner and writer. I'd like to know where you have put the posts.

Would you mind introducing yourself? What do you do? Your English is excellent. What level you are at?

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi kamelia,
A man enjoy when incite a woman to prove something, I know that you want to say that no no … the fact is something else …

About my old house which I used to live ,it was a big house with ten big rooms, two kitchens, some rooms had arch roof ,and all doors and windows were made of wood.
A pool in middle of yard ,a stone fountain in middle of pool ,in the morning or evening we sat on benches which were around the pool ,eating fruits or tea while the water went to the air by fountain. The pool overflew to the garden. We enjoy swimming and play with water in summer, also cared about fishes not to fell in the garden when the water overflowed .there were also some big red fishes in the pool. The well was full of water; the water was pumped to water source on the roof and then leaded to the stone fountain.
Dear Kamelia , I never lived in the apartment, no experience I have , now I am living in a 200 qm villa house , it is a jail for me.

Women always prove that men are doing wrong .
See you after next holiday.
B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion