EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby mattyppz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:12 am

Always try to stress doing writing assignments!!! Best Advise I can give any educator.

"Best Advise..." should read: "Best advice..." - Admin
mattyppz

Postby Mohsen » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Kamelia,

How can I provoke a smart girl like you , no one believe it , you write here like other girls , but I can't ignore that currently you are more active than Elham . It means that writing is like eating a piece of cake for you.
I confess that I use dictionary for my writings, it is not because of having no time to practise , I am not created for memorization of words , but my imaginations is not bad or muses stuff.
A I told you I have never been living in apartment , the house always has been a large villa house for me. I am having some pictures for your consideration from old parts of Isfahan.
Look at this picture

http://mjrd1.persiangig.com/image/amin%20house1.jpg

This is the house of Aminotojjar , It was destroyed about 45 years ago by municipality of Isfahan for establishing a new street which is called Abdulrazagh street . The remain of this mansion is still remain in one side of street .
The house of Aminotojar is famous , he was the father of Banoo Amin , a famous Islamic woman who was buried in old Isfahan cemetery which is called Takht e foolad .This the picture of her shrine.

http://www.iqna.ir/news_imgs/553084_5img243%20L.JPG

In some part of the city the mixture of old and new architecture is seen , look at the following picture

http://www.chn.ir/Images/News/Larg_Pic/ ... 834949.JPG

It is an old lane in which the old houses and monuments are being destroyed , The shrine in this picture is belong to Avicenna , a famous scientist who was buried in Isfahan.
Where was you born ? Did you have experience of living in old house?

B.W.
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Hi Naseh

Postby Kamelia » Fri May 03, 2013 11:28 am

How are you doing dear Translation student? How was your presentation by the way? Oh i wish that went really well.

I am no judge of people's English but I got some bones to pick up with you, first things first, right? Hope you don't get mad at me! :-D Dear friend, you got a lot on your mind and you want to bring them all on the writing page but there is one rule to that. It does not really matter how much you are good at English or not but you have to order them one by one so that the person who reads them gets time to think of them and then either agree or disagree with it, you might want to put some room for them, right? This way, if you keep pouring out the words and then jump from one sentence to another without a good connection, mind you, the reader would be frustrated, confused and then might even have difficulty grasping the real meaning of what you intended to write, do you see what I am trying to say? I really really hope that you do not mind. I am only telling you this as a friend, alright? By the way, I was a horrible writer too. I used to cram my sentences with words and never put a full-stop at the end till the reader gets me! :-D You see?

Anyway, your major is Translation, English to Arabic and vice versa, is it? Mine is English literature. Glad to meet you :-)

Oh problems with Facebook and recognizing names, pretty global these days :-D I got problem with recognizing people from names too, especially these days! They put every name that seems "beautiful" on their children, they don't think of the poor child's future! There was a list that was published recently, it gave you information about the weirdest names that people choose. One had chosen the "Crazy Frog" for her son, now I don't know if the frog has got a positive connotation in their culture but it is really gross, huh?

Facebook, yeah I wish you drive it away. It really is time consuming especially if you got friends with high photographing capabilities LOOOL

Enough talking too much with me :-D

Hope to read from you so soon,
Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Ellie joonam

Postby Kamelia » Fri May 03, 2013 11:58 am

How are youuuuu dear one? How is everything going on? I hope you are doing just fine.

Oh come on, excuses again? :-( Why do you always have to make me wait to read something from you? Have you forgotten how much I enjoy writing to you? Reading from you? Your posts are highly energetic funny ones which I have always read with utmost pleasure. Oh you cruel girl, so you have to be in a poetic mood now, huh? :-D Ok Ok I give up, you are smart in twisting the matter. Cami is defenseless now, write about it whenever you felt like it :-D

Oh Ellieeee, what has been preventing you from writing? What has upset my dear friend? I know, things happen. Even if the worst thing happened to you, God forbid, then you just have to take it easy. Grief is always there. There is no escape to that, but you have to be strong. The Kami that is writing here has suffered LOTS of terrible stuff, she has cried, grieved, writhed with the pain of some loss in her life, but what can she do? Kill herself? Nope, life goes on. Everyday is a new one. You cover for you loss, make up to your heart, pray that God gives you a new energy and happiness to start all over again. I mean is not life just a circle? It is you who gives meaning to this endless circle!

The biggest loss of my life, hmmm, huge question. It is too hard for me to answer this since it goes a bit to personal matters, but anyway, I will make a general thing out of it. Well actually the biggest loss of my life is the worst feeling that I have EVER experienced, so your two questions go unwrapped with one answer :-D Ummm...for almost a week I felt I was abandoned, alone, life did not mean anymore. I could not talk about it to my friends, my little sister, the loveliest little sister on the whole planet was the only person I could talk to. I was afraid that my mom would even be sad because of me, so the alternative of talking to a parent was a NO-NO one! Uh..but what could one do? Cry till you die? It relieves you for a while but then you see that even the tear drops would not console you. You know what? Here is a little secret, books relieve me like I am born again. I put myself under extensive reading, This loss or terrible experience or whatever your names it happen in a year ago and I remember there were these four-unit courses that I, quite unbelievably, got 20! LOOOL I changed the loss to something more powerful, glorious a bit! :-D

Oh...what would I change? I would turn my life to 5 years ago, erase all the stupid stuff I had done and take another chance. Everyone deserves a new chance, don't they? :-)

Naughty Ellie, you cannot keep me writing like this since you have to answer all these questions plus the poetry stuff. Oh and NO cheating! Your burden would not be unloaded except you start writing :-D

Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Mohsen

Postby Kamelia » Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 pm

How are you doing? LOL Ellie told me she is in no mood to write long posts so I guess that is why I am "postful" these days but otherwise she is a VERY faithful friend of this thread. I mean where was I when she used to write and make all the friends here happy with her posts? :-D Hope that she comes up soon :-D
There is something else too, due to the shortage of semester, our professors have decided to put the mid-terms away that is why the happy Cami that you see frequents the PC-room and library these days :-D

Oh and...no it is not that much a piece of cake. I have to use the dictionary too but the lazy kid that I am, I ignore it this easy LOOOOL

Oh Mohsen, you don't know how fun it was examining the pictures here. Actually some days ago I was checking the Tabatabayi ha House (in kashan I guess :?: ) , which was so amusing too.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I really liked them. I am going to ask you something about the last picture, but you have to promise that you would not laugh at me, alright? Is not the Avicenna shrine in Hamedan? :-?

Oh I was born in Gonbad-E-Kavus in Golestan. Do you know the Ghabus-Ebn-E-Voshmgir tower? It is believe to be the tallest brick tower in the world. It feels so good when you watch it so close, it gives you a strange feeling. Or maybe all ancient places do give me this feeling.
Uuuuh...living in an old house, well yes I do have such an experience. Well the house was not as big and as beautiful as yours, I am sure, but it felt so cozy and warm, warmer than these new houses with modern designs. Not that I hate modern or post modern architectural stuff but that I just love the air of those old houses, mansions, huts, whatever :-D

Hmmm...anyway I am no architecture neither an engineer. I don't know about structures at all. I just feel so good watching the old houses and even living in them, with all the hardships they might have. Do you know what made me write about this topic? I see huge cranes and building machines all around the cities everywhere in our country, and with this huge population growth, God knows what will happen in future! And when I see an old lovely house with the garden and fountain and etc. is being destructed, my heart wrenches! Hmm...do you see what I am saying? It simply is sad. Are we on the same track? Or you believe in "extending the city programming" and these stuff?

Mohsen it was so0o0o fun writing to you about it and if I just overwrote about this feeling of mine, you have to excuse me :-)

Kamelia
Silver Member

A nice article, please read

Postby Elham » Fri May 03, 2013 5:59 pm

How To Make It A Great Day

Have a great day. I say it all the time. It sounds so simple, doesn’t it? My friend Kay always says, “Make it a great day.” This shows others they have power over their circumstances.

The following are 10 simple steps that will make every day a great day.

1. Give of yourself. Help others, go the extra mile and share your gifts and talents. Each day we have limitless opportunities to put others first. Out do yourself today. Commit to helping 5 people. Everyone needs an extra hand. Be the first to offer yours.

2. Tell others you love them. Is there a person in your life that is difficult to love? Yes, that’s the person. Tell them first. Then text your friends, children or parents, “I heart U.” Surprise someone with a handwritten note expressing your appreciation and love. When you think of someone silently whisper, “I love you.” We all need love and many don’t get enough.

3. Be thankful.Finish the sentence, “I want and need to thank __________ for ____________. Now do it. Thank the earth, the flowers, the trees and the air. Thank the trees, the server, the cab driver. Thank the cashier, the co-worker and web designer. Thank everyone who is making the world a better place. Especially thank the most difficult people in your life.

4. Welcome your lessons. Today you’ll face difficult and unpleasant situations, welcome them all. They give you the opportunity to learn and grow. You’ll also have plesant and easy situations. These will teach you joy and appreciation. Welcome them and they’ll increases tenfold.

5. Forgive and let go.Everyone hurts someone. Be the first to apologize. Be quick to forgive and the last to judge. Walk a mile in someone’s shoes. We feel better about ourselves when we go to bed without enemies and regrets.

7. Ask for quidance. Ask to see the truth. Ask for a different perspective. Ask for the wisdom to do the right thing. Ask to see the higher road. Listen to and take action on the guidance you receive.

8. Own your greatness. Know that you are a unique spiritual being born to do great things. Make a difference. Believe in yourself. Take action no matter how small the step. You have a reason for being. The world needs you to do your part.

9. Lighten up and laugh. Grab a happy attitude. Speak happy words, think happy thoughts and do happy things. Look for opportunities to laugh. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Instead choose to have fun.

10. Make a difference in someone’s life today. Give a hug, a hand, a wink or a smile. Small thinks don’t go unnoticed. Everyone is carrying their own set of problems. What we all really want is to love, be loved and know that we matter.

When you’re feeling stressed, grumbling over your finances or complaining life isn’t going as it should remember how easy it is to make each day great. Make each moment count!

What are your ingredients for a great day?
What are you willing to do to make yours great?

http://theboldlife.com/2009/10/great-day/
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Sat May 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi my dear Kami,

Oh honey, thanks for your very friendly reply. You are so lovely dear, I like the way you put your thoughts into words.You've got your own way and I enjoy it.

Wow, I was impressed by how you had turned your sad mood to hard-work and got those incredible results. Seems you are very good at transforming one type of energy to another in an effective way! You have learned your Physics lessons very well honey!Good job :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok , sweet Kami, I promise to write more later. I'm just writing this to thank you for your nice and kind post.

Warmly,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 am

Hi Kamelia,

We had heavy rain for three days in the afternoons, it was unforgettable days, it looks that we have a fruitful summer,also it sustain some damages, my phone line was disconnected ,because the water penetrated to the line boxes , I had also drops of water which was dripped from the ceiling ,but the ceiling is still firm and stable above my head.
I don't know why Ellie is in no mood , may be she is learning physic , physic is difficult but there is Behnam here to help . I never try the difficulties. I like to be free of compulsion.

Thank for your writing about your birthplace , I never been in Gonbad-E-Kavus ,give me the website address for visiting the tower.
Today I came home sooner , my wife is sick .. and I am in the kitchen, She don't like the outdoor food , so I am preparing a delicious food by ostrich meat.
Have you ever eaten ostrich ? it is very useful for people who have shortage Fe and also have fat and cholesterol in blood ,because ostrich has unsaturated fat.

Have a good day,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:43 am

Hi
What has happened!!?
My valuable data was stolen by hackers.
may be the hacker is grumpy cat.
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 pm

The value for people is the appearance , clothes and money . When I enter a party i see how people are received, the rich people are welcome differently by host and they sit in the best place of the hall. but the ordinary people have no place ,no worth for the host.
In my opinion we should not respect people for their money,.... usually I never say hello to rich people ,because they are proud of themselves , and i like to screw them up.

Please read the following story

Once upon a time in the Iranian city of Shiraz, there lived the famous poet Sheikh Saadi. Like most other poets and philosophers, Sheikh Saadi was not a rich man. He led a very simple life. A rich merchant of Shiraz invited Sheikh
Saadi along with a lot of other big businessmen of the town on the occasion of his daughter's marriage which was to be a grand affair. Sheikh Saadi accepted the invitation and decided to attend.
On the day of the wedding, the host and his family were receiving the guests at the gate. They were ushering all the guests towards the dining hall. All the rich people of the town attended the wedding. They had come out in best of their
attires. Sheikh Saadi wore simple clothes which were neither grand nor expensive. He waited in a corner for someone to approach him but no one gave him as much as even a second glance. Even the host did not acknowledge him and
looked away. Seeing all this, Sheikh Saadi quietly left the party and went to a shop from where he could hire clothes. There he chose a richly brocaded dress which was embroidered in gold on the margins. He selected a fancy turban and a
waist-band to go with it. As he put on the hired dress and looked into the mirror, he found himself a changed person.

With this, Sheikh Saadi entered the dining hall and this time was welcomed with open arms. The host embraced him as he would do to an old friend and complimented him on the clothes he was wearing. On seeing Sheikh Saadi, host
said? And here comes our favorite poet. What took you so long, friend? We have been waiting for you for ages! How good of you to have come. The gathering surely would have been incomplete without your gracious presence! Sheikh Saadi
did not utter a word and allowed the host to lead him to the dining room where other guests had assembled. Tasty dishes had been laid out on grand carpets.
Sheikh Saadi was offered a seat with soft cushions. The food was served in fine crockery and cutlery made out of silver.

The host led Sheikh Saadi by hand and himself served out the chicken soup and the fragrant rice to him. After this, something strange happened. Sheikh Saadi dipped the corner of his waist-coat in the soup and sprinkled some rice on it.
Addressing the clothes, he said: This is a feast for you, you should enjoy it.

All the guests were now staring at him in surprise. The host said? Sir, what are doing? How can your clothes eat? And why should they? To this query, Sheikh Saadi very calmly replied: My dear friend, I am indeed surprised with the
question coming from you?

Aren't you the same person who did not even throw a look at me when I came dressed in simple clothes? I can guess that it is my clothes and appearance that matter with you, not my individual worth. Now that I have put on grand clothes,
I see a world of difference in reception here. All that I can now say is that this feast is meant for my clothes, not for me.
Mohsen
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion