EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Dear Friends,

We should not have illuision about others and make an fake image from people. We are all falliable and we should not judge others by feeling. When we face to other and make a relation we get that our image about them is fault ,so it is better to make our world with facts .

Look at the story of a clerk who thinking of getting a reward made him blind.

In a ceremony a king gave his daughter a beautiful diamond necklace. The necklace was stolen and his people in the kingdom searched everywhere but could not find it. Some said a bird might have stolen it. The king then asked them all to search for it and put a reward for $50,000 for anyone who found it.

One day a clerk was walking home along a river next to an industrial area. This river was completely polluted, filthy and smelly. As he was walking, the clerk saw a shimmering in the river and when he looked, he saw the diamond necklace. He decided to try and catch it so that he could get the $50,000 reward. He put his hand in the filthy, dirty river and grabbed at the necklace, but some how missed it and didn't catch it. He took his hand out and looked again and the necklace was still there. He tried again, this time he walked in the river and dirtied his pants in the filthy river and put his whole arm in to catch the necklace. But strangely, he still missed the necklace! He came out and started walking away, feeling depressed.

Then again he saw the necklace, right there. This time he was determined to get it, no matter what. He decided to plunge into the river, although it was a disgusting thing to do as the river was polluted, and his whole body would become filthy. He plunged in, and searched everywhere for the necklace and yet he failed. This time he was really bewildered and came out feeling very depressed that he could not get the necklace that would get him $50,000.

Just then a saint who was walking by, saw him, and asked him what was the matter. The clerk didn't want to share the secret with the saint, thinking the saint might take the necklace for himself, so he refused to tell the saint anything. But the saint could see this man was troubled and being compassionate, again asked the clerk to tell him the problem and promised that he would not tell anyone about it. The clerk mustered some courage and decided to put some faith in the saint. He told the saint about the necklace and how he tried and tried to catch it, but kept failing. The saint then told him that perhaps he should try looking upward, toward the branches of the tree, instead of in the filthy river. The clerk looked up and true enough, the necklace was dangling on the branch of a tree. He had been trying to capture a mere reflection of the real necklace all this time.

Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Once again I had a debate with my boss during this week and it was led to a long discussion and finally shouting and anger.
Few days ago he opened the door ,came to my office and told me" I have booked three plane tickets for the next week , there is an exhibition in Dubai for car industries next week ,and I want to visit the exhibition with you and Mr. X. I stared at him surprisingly and told him" excuse me , I am a human ,not a slave .. you should asked me before you booked the ticket , you can go accompany with Mr. X. I don't want to go Dubai , I don't like travelling.
My boss tried to keep his calm ,but when he saw my resistance ,he suddenly roared " My God , look ,people have staff and I have staff , whenever I say something ,whenever I suggest something , he is negative.

And I answered angrilly "this is because you never consult with your staff about your decisions" Are you a king!!?
"An idiot may goes to Dubai in this warm season for visiting a place."I showed my rage by telling this sentence.
I have always discussion with my boss about everything , but today I told him I would go with him provided that he never repeat it and make a decision by himself. Although I know that he never listens to me and me too.
Generally, I am always happy and nimble , I don't need something to refresh me. Specially traveling to some places which are good for people who concern about feasting and drinking. May my boss reserve an Islamic Hotel for me :-o .
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi
I should be neutral against my brother 's child , because I like both of them , my brother and his child are dear for me , although sometimes I become very angry about their behavior .

There are moments which I can't intervene to a matter ,because both side has their own rights.

Look at the story of an old man who had two daughters. One of them was married to a farmer, while the other to a pottery maker.

Once old man decided to pay them a visit. He first visited the daughter who was the wife of the farmer and reaching her house, he inquired about her health.
The daughter said: "Dear father, my husband has cultivated a large area of land and if it were to rain, we would be the most prosperous of the entire tribe."

Then, proceeding towards the house of the other daughter, whose husband was a pottery maker, he inquired about her health.
The daughter said, "Dear father, my husband has moulded pots in great quantity and if God were to withhold the rains till his pots dry up, we would be better off than the entire tribe.

As he departed from the house of his second daughter, he prayed: "oh God! Act as you deem fit for, in this situation, I cannot pray for either of them."

Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby Moroo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Dear Dr.Bhnam!!!

How are you my friend :-P It has been a long time we didn't talk with you and with my other beautiful friends ,I'm really sorry to you all , during this days I was working for a long time.

Any way now I'm here again !!

I read in the newspaper about your PhD GONGRATULATION!!!! :lol:

Your amazing perseverance as well as your dedication has at last paid off! I know that you can do it because ever since you have started studying I always believe in you.

You now got your PhD and that will be perfect for you as you shine.

You are helpful and great man and you deserve it.

All the best
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby [amal] » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi friends,

How are you?

I have missed you a loooot. I know that I should be a better friend and write here or chat with you more but believe me, I couldn't, I couldn't find appropriate time to do that. You wont believe how ugly and sad my week was, I call it "Problems Week"!!! :-x

It is not because I have problems, no, not at all. My life was great, I was very happy and I had a peaceful mind until I knew that my three best friends are facing some problems in their own lives and this made me verrrrrrrry sad, I don't know why. But I dislike it when my friends have something bothering them and I can do nothing for them!!! :-( And maybe I was sad because I had experienced their feelings before and I know how much hard they are. :-( :-(

It's really hard to see your dears are suffering, I just tried to be with them as possible as I could and give them an emotionally support. believe it or not but sometimes I had to chat with three complaining friends at the same time! Oh sometimes I said the same sentence for all of them at the same time!!! For example : "Oh don't worry dear everything will going to be OK, inshallah". This is really funny, I laugh at myself! :lol: :roll:

other times, the chat go in a way which hurts me too. For example my friend told me " Oh Amal how did you forget?!" My reply was: " Who said that I had forgotten??! I just used to this.". :-( :/
Uh this is really disgusting and my sadness wasn't usual, it was as if I took all my three friends' sadness and put it all in my heart!!!

Thank god, today one of friend's problem had been solved and she finally could tell her family about the person who she loves and they are waiting her family improvement to get engaged, I am really happy for her.

Now I still have to convince my other friend to forget her boyfriend who left her without saying any reason, he doesn't deserve her at all, he doesn't deserve any minute of her thinking!!! And I have another matter which is bothering me but there is no need to mention it here since you already know it. :-D :-(

Emm, you may ask" Why did I wrote those things here?! And what can you do to me?" Well, you can do nothing but I feel this place as if it was my home and writing here makes me calm and relaxed.

Anyway, I love you a loooooooooooooot and be sure that you are in my mind always and I have never ever forgot you.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Kind and soft-hearted!!

Postby behnam » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 am

Hi Amal,

It is so nice reading your post. Thank you very much for sharing your feelings with us. It is early morning, I dropped by to say hello to you. I have to go to work.

It is sad to hear that your friends are suffering emotionally. That's common among people, particularly, among ladies to have something to suffer from! Well, women are created to emotionally suffer from men's behaviour and actions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've decided not to advise anybody anymore, but it is unfair not to care about my close friend's sadness. Dear Amal, psychologists suggest avoiding negative people. Negative thinkers and people who have always something to nag or complain must be avoided. People, even someone from your relatives, close friends, etc. who have bad impression and are pessimistic must be avoided. If your friends affect your life negatively, you'd better leave them. However, if you feel or you think that you are emotionally strong enough to have empathy for them, that's a virtue.

Anyway, I love reading your post. I'd missed you terribly. Your heart hurts because it is so kind. Your heart hurts because it is on the right place. Your heart hurts because you are a real lady. I wish you all the best in the world.

All the best,
Behnam, 16 June, 2013

P.S. I'd like to say thank you to all friends who have written to me and their posts have remained unanswered. I will compensate your kindness soon.

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Moroo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Dear my friend Amal

How are you doing

I read your post about your three friends, a beautiful person who has kind heart like you is rare this days.

To be with your friends is a very good thing but don't live their felling, only share with them with your mind only during the chat. After you leave them leave the problems with them.

They always say be good with everybody even if they are not good with you, I don't know why they say that.

But be sure that they deserve your time and your feelings. Sometimes you keep giving someone but when you need him he didn't give you back, I think you have to test your friends.

I have a close friend I used to help him and I didn't ask him for help before, after many years I faced some problems and when I asked him for help they didn't help me at all .

Thank you very much for sharing your feelings with us, that's will encourage me to share with you my thoughts.
Moroo
Silver Member

Evaluate your capabilities, abilities and capacities!

Postby behnam » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Moroo,

How are things? I hope all is going well with you. The weather is unusually hot in Tehran. The sun is strong and the dust in the air doubles the problem. This is the only thing that I nag about. To be honest, I am even not complaining about the weather. I started this post by mentioning to the weather in order to break the ice.

I agree with you on the way of dealing with people who share their sadness with us. We should learn to share our happiness with others. When you share your sadness you divide it, but when you share your happiness you multiply it! It is morally unacceptable to share your sadness with people.

It was around 8th of October, 2007 I arrived at the Internet to practise English with people. From that time, I have chatted with thousands of people from different parts of the world and made friends with hundreds of them. I've rarely shared my sadness with people. As everybody, I had both sad and happy moments in my life, but I preferred not to give negative energy to others.

In our culture, owl is a symbol of unluckiness. Some people are like owls. Wherever they go, they take misery and unluckiness with themselves. I personally dislike people who keep speaking about their sickness(body problems), sadness and problems.

A colleague of mine used to complain about his difficulties in his life. He used to say; "Oh Behnam, life is difficult. Last night I couldn't sleep. My child kept crying. I had a nasty headache. The neighbor kept making noise....". I used to say, 'well, these things are common among almost all people. I never think of these things as difficulties in life. They are some ordinary things."

Sometimes, you are angry with someone. For example, you have fought with the manager at office. In such cases, speaking about the event isn't sharing sadness. It is just justifying your actions.

Dear Amal must evaluate her talents, capabilities and capacities. If listening to the friends' problems affects her life negatively, she must avoid doing that. However, if she is emotionally strong enough to listen to the friends, without getting affected by their negative energies, she should do it.

people are different. We cannot generalize about them. It is not possible to expect people to behave and think similarly. However, I personally prefer to be a nightingale rather than an owl!

It should be mentioned at the end that I took this subject as an opportunity to write something. To tell you the truth, I'd like to be as strong as mountains to shoulder all the problems and difficulties of people around me. Of course, this is a virtue. Great people are like mountains. They are patient and strong in a way that-for them- ordinary problems are like gentle winds which cannot remove mountains from their places. I am not sure, but I guess in the Arabic language, mountain is male. Females cannot be like mountains. Some of them just can be like hills. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 16 June, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Moroo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:24 pm

[size=85][size=85]Dear Behnam

How are you

10 years ago I was agree with you in respect of people who always complaining but after marriage I don't, when I married my wife she used to complain about a lot of things like home work, kids, headache, etc.

finally I told her that I have problems too but I don't like to complain at all, as example now I have stomachache but I didn't tell you.

She replied not complaining is not a good thing, you should tell me about anything that pain you so that I can help you, because if you didn't tell me what is hurting you and during that you deal with me in a bad way I will be angry with you because I don't know the reason for this bad behavior with me.

Another thing when you are angry with me you should tell me the reason of being angry to fix the problem bit by bit, don't keep silent tell the problem become beggar and then you will explode for little thing and then I'll be astonished why you did that.

P.S my wife always convinced me because she always right and I'm always wrong :mrgreen:
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby Mohsen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi friends,

When I looked out of the plane window I couldn't see the Persian gulf, because there weather was cloudy, a man was waiting for us in the airport and we directly went to the hotel. It was 9 o'clock. We had breakfast as we took a shower and ready to go to the exhibition. From 10 Am to 7 PM we were in the exhibition and this was repeated for three days.

On Friday we had nothing to do except going to Iranian consulate for taking part in Iran president election. The consulate entrance was blocked by Dubai polices. The police asked for people ID documents, check people documents , and people who had the UAE residence permit were allowed to enter to consulate and vote . I told them the I had complete documents ,but I was not a residence of UAE ,but they didn't allow me and many other people who were like me . An Iranian person who had come to Dubai from USA was very angry with UAE police and UAE government , he started to swear the UAE polices. He shouted " every vote of us is an arrow to USA back, So the UAE government which is the USA lackey doesn't allow us to vote." I laughed at his sentence and asked him to be calm, I told him that he might be arrested by police . He was very angry that UAE police was interfering in our affair . He called a person in consulate ,understand that the consulate was under UAE government force and couldn't do anything for Iranian people. Many people came back home helplessly.

On Friday afternoon we came to the market and I bought a cellophane.

The next day we were in Jabal Al for doing some business . That was the last day . I came back to Tehran and today I am at home .

Thanks God the I came back home soon , There was nothing attractive in Dubai for me . I checked time every day to come back sooner.
B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion