EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Elham » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Dear friends,

Just to remove dear Behnam's worry about your judgement I have to give an explanation.
As I told you. I behaved too rudely too him, I don't want to mention it here, I feel ashamed, but I made Behnam shocked by my rude and unbelievable behavior, I made him very sad. He didn't expect Elham to behave this way. He had right to regret, even if I were him, I would make the same decision as he did! Every wise person would do the same. Just as he explained, the fruit tree is unable to give sweet trees, it's dried! :-( So there's no any other way but to remove it and plant a new fruitful tree on behalf. There are special trees for decoration and making the environment green.

Anyway, after what happened I feel ashamed to attend here anymore. I do accept the fact and the result of my behavior. :oops:

Thanks, bye

PS. Dear Amal, thanks for your kind post. Don't mix things with each other. I was just a simple member of the thread. My absence doesn't change anything. Go on writing and be sure that I read them all. You are a very green and lovely tree with very sweet fruits, the garden needs you. :-)
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Shaghayegh » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 am

Hi. I'm Shaghayegh, from Iran,24. And I'm software engineering student at university of Tehran. Honestly, I've wanted to join here because I'm trying to learn English, but very soon i realized here has a most friendly atmosphere and i really like it. So I hope to can be a good friend and member like others here. At first i realized a big number of members are Iranian. am I right?

I want to speak a little about my English abilities (if there are :)) ). So , I'm good in reading and listening. But ,as you see, I'm terrible in writing and speaking! One reason of this is I've been reading books and sources in English and there wasn't any pressure on me or even need to learn speaking and writing. I've learned a lot of words and studies many English texts, but I can't use them when I need them! When I decided to continue my studying in USA, I've realized that my inabilities in English speaking and writing are big shortage to success :( . Now I'm trying to improve my English writing in anyway i can. I study and exercise about 8 hours of day.Listening to musics, watching movies, using English learning programs etc. Very soon I've understood that the best way to learn English is just trying to involve myself in speaking with others.

Finally, excuse me there are errors. Still I can't speak fluently. But I'm trying to improve that.
In next post i will speak more about myself and now I'm reading the rest of posts here to know better you.
Thanks a lot.
Shaghayegh

What do we do?

Postby behnam » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Elham,

How are you? I hope you are fine and the hot weather of Najafabad doesn't bother you, but I guess it does since you have always complained about Najafabad's hot weather and praised Azerbaijan for its cool weather in summers. I also dislike hot climates.

Elham, sometimes it happens, we make a mistake but we don't try to find a way to correct it. Our selfishness(something inside us; I don't know what it is, maybe stubbornness is a proper word for this purpose) tempts us to give some insensible reasons for our actions or decision. Giving incorrect reasons or making faulty logic results in further mistakes.

Elham, this thread isn't mine. I am a member of this thread. You are also a member of it. This thread belongs to people who write and read the posts. Therefore, it is wrong to let our personal problems influence our decision.

Elham, you know that many times I have decided to leave the thread, even to leave the Internet, but the right of people who are hidden and follow the posts( who are somehow spiritually, mentally, emotionally, etc connected to me and my posts) has stopped me from leaving.

I am sure, if I stop writing, or if I leave the Internet, you will become extremely sad. You are a good example. Other people have the same feeling about you and your posts. Therefore, there are some people who have emotional involvement with you. You should not let your selfishness or stubbornness hurt others' lives.

If you still follow your brother's advice, I advise you to continue writing. As I said above, many people follow your posts regularly. Do not impose emotional sanction on them! It is cruel to humanity to make someone lose hope!

The tree isn't dry! It has produced uneatable fruits, but there is a way to modify the tree! Ask your father for that special action; like tree surgery(in Farsi it is Peyvand zadan). :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my analogy, the tree is green and useful(not dry). Do not change my words! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 6 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!( AND ALWAYS )

Postby Moroo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 am

Dear my beautiful friends Behnam and Elham

I'm not here for a long time but I feel all of us are family, it's sad to see beautiful friends like you both are not going to be friends anymore. :-(

I really don't know what had happened, but I have a story that happened to me maybe it can help.

I had a friend of mine and he was my cousin as well, we were very close friends during 35 years ago, we were two members of four close friends, we used to go out with each other etc…

Eight years ago I had a fight with him, in this fight I was very angry and I said very bad things and I insulted him.

The reason of this fight wasn't because of the ethics or other important things like that.

During those eight years I tried to call him and said to him that I'm really sorry, it's the first time for me to make you angry and we all do mistakes, please forgave me. but till now he refused to accept my apology.

because of him the situation now, we become two separated groups and we won't become one group again.

In my opinion I did a mistake but this mistake is nothing comparing with our situation now because we lose each other and he and I can't find another good friends like us.

What I want to say sense the problem not because of mainly things in the personality it can be fixed, we are human we all do mistakes and we will always do.

Hope I made my idea clear {-:

All the best
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby behnam » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi Moroo,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. I agree with you about our human-related faults and destructive emotions. We all make mistakes. That's OK. to make mistakes. Nobody should blame someone else for making mistakes, because nobody is perfect. However, some actions cannot be considered as mistakes. Therefore, mistake is a delicate matter, and it has many definitions.

A mirror is expected to reflect our face back. This is the main purpose of building a mirror. Imagine you buy a mirror from the market but it doesn't shows your face, or the picture isn't clear. This mirror doesn't work properly, or it doesn't function well. Therefore, this mirror has got some faults or defects. Faults and defects are different from mistake. The mirror just does not come to your expectations. In this case, the matter isn't forgiveness or forgetfulness. Something is against your expectations!

A tree should either give eatable fruits or make shadow, or give some greenness(some beauty) to the garden. When it is dry, it must be cut down! It doesn't work properly.

Fortunately, in our case(Elham-Behnam friendship), we both work quite well, but not completely well. At least we make some shadows, or we have some green leaves. Therefore, a wise gardener should not cut us down. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe, when someone doesn't come to our expectations, we must leave him/her, even though the person is our sister, brother, father or even mother! In other words, a dry fruit must be cut down, no matter it is apple tree or orange one!This is cruel, I know, but I do believe in it, and fortunately or unfortunately, I practically follow this policy in my life. Many people have told me that this way of thinking is wrong, but I haven't cared about other people's view on this matter.

In your case, I don't know what has happened, but I guess not only is your cousin's heart broken, but also it is smashed. The pieces are too small to be glued to each other. To put it another way, in your case, the problem isn't occurring some cracks in his heart, it is maybe smashing his heart into pieces. It won't work, even though you glue the pieces. It is maybe totally damaged. }: }: }:

I am in a hurry. I have to leave quickly. I didn't check the post. I hope my mistakes are not too many!

All the best,
Behnam, 7 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Maniya » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:28 pm

hi
a flower is beautifull for a day
but love a beautifull flower for ever
Maniya
Silver Member

Postby Mohsen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Dear Friends,

During the last week I had not a regular life. There were three wedding ceremony which I had been invited ,and my life was changed, influenced by these ceremonies. One of them was a friend of mine , and the two other weddings were my relatives, My wife 'brother have a son and his son got married, my sister has a daughter who got married. My niece ceremony was the most important for me , and I was in my sister house for three days ,I was receipt by delicious foods ,different color sweet things and fruits.
Before interring to Holy Ramadan month ,it is a rush hour for wedding ceremony. Many couples try to hold their wedding ceremonies before Ramadan .
It also took time to think, consult for purchasing three good gifts for three couples of brides and grooms. The meeting I had with my wife was not effective for buying a gift and finally we bought gold with different values.
Sometimes living differently is enjoyable and it is worth to pay gold for it.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Dear Elham,

My feeling about virtual world is different , the virtual world (forum ,chating,) is like a game ,we should attend it and enjoy it , it is not a place to be ashamed , to be bother , to be angry.
Off course as a Muslim I feel responsibility for what I say, even in a chat room, but I never been ashamed if I write rudely ,or write something insulting. If I make a mistake , I will instantly apologize for my mistake.
Please don't make your decision sensitively , I have a fellow citizen in this forum , you are my only hope who are able to resist against Azarbyjan,please don't leave me alone :cry: .

Waiting for you
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Dear Behnam,

Nice to hear that you enjoy you trip to your hometown. A good weather in north and visiting beautiful sceneries increased your morale to enjoy your life.
For the garden and the trees, A tree is getting dry ,because of bad soil , If we change the soil or fertilize the soil ,the try will be save . So it needs time, and we should give a chance to tree .
Your policy against people who doesn't come to your expectation is really a big mistake. Do you want to cut down your oppositions. God bless your wife, if she can't meet your expectation.
Being patience against a person who doesn't meet your expectation is the best policy , particularly people like parents and relatives. If you are a Muslim, you are not allowed to behave your own feeling. You have to obey your Islam instructions.
I don't know what happen between Elham and you. What she had done that she has decided to leave the forum. When Elham says she is ashamed of her wrong behavior , it is enough for a girl like Elham and she should come back.

B.Wishes
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

A warm and friendly welcome to Shaghayegh!

Postby behnam » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Shaghayegh,

Welcome to this thread and thank you very much for joining us. About the history of 'let's learn together!' and its members, it should be said that the first post was written by me on 7th of December 2007 on a site named http://WWW.English-at-home.com. The thread was really successful, because many people from different parts of the world were posting in it, and interesting topics were discussed by the members. The posts were gathered by Elham in four books(in PDF format) and uploaded on http://WWW.scribd.com. You can go there, search and easily find them.

After four years, we had to leave the site. We moved from English-at-home to another site and continued writing, but the site was isolated. After about one year, we moved to this powerful site. Many people for different purposes were reading and posting, but little by little we lost some of them. Some ladies got married and now they are busy with their families and personal matters. Some men went to university, and some people gave up learning English. {-:

Happily, some of us are still here. We are still practising. I hope you will participate actively in discussion and will make the atmosphere of the thread more friendly and nicer.

Your English is excellent. You write effectively and beautifully. Congratulations! I hope we will help each other with improving our English skills.

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 7 July, 2013

P.S. You can find some information about me on the first page. If you need more information about me just let me know. Please do not hesitate to share your ideas, experience, and points with us. I would welcome any advice or suggestions with open arms.
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion