EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Shaghayegh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 am

[color=#FF4040]Hello Dear Behnam;
I'm fine. How are you?
I'm agreed with you about Shirazi. I have been there for 2 years and realized that they are really lazy! :lol: They have a famous proverb : Chay Chaman Chamroon :lol: Chay is tea, Chaman means anywhere like park and Chamroon , as maybe you know, is the north area of Shiraz that has a sweet and exquisite climate. I absolutely refuse other ubiquitous things about peoples like Isfahani, Rashti and others . But I believe that Shirazi is lazy till he or she show me he isn't lazy :mrgreen:

Behnam; I have a piece of advice for you:Marry with a Rashti woman If you like delicious foods! Rashti women are best in cookery! They are famous for their delicious foods such as MirzaGhasemi, BaghlaGhatogh, TasKabab and so many other. My mom is one of the best in the cookery and I really love foods she cooks.

Very thank you for your kindness Dear Behnam. I would be grateful if you shared with me your resources for IELTS. Actually I think I haven't enough time to be prepare for IELTS and GRE! Two years is very low! :-( I'm really regretful for those years I wasted.

However, I'm now studying some books and using some programs : Grammer In Use , Vocabulary In Use, Verbal Advantage by Charles Harrington Elster, THE ULTIMATE PHRASAL VERB BOOK, Word Perfect , Collocations in use and ESL Podcasts.And I watch a movie everyday with English subtitle. sometimes I watch some TV shows such as The Big Bang Theory or The Wire. But I really want to use a program that has all English skills improvement courses. Still I haven't found that perfect program.

I think I must stop writing now until I improved my writing. I think my writing now is very bad and may annoy you. Absolutely I don't want that. I understood my writing is terrible when i saw your pretty nice writings and I'm at the lower grade than you . So I think I must stop writing at least two months and work hardly on my English. I read you posts and enjoy them but write very little until I confident of my English.

But Dear Behnam, I request you to recommend me any useful resource or program that can help me for success in IELTS or GRE. Thank you very much.

Best Regards.
your little sister and friend, Shaghayegh.
[/color]
Shaghayegh

Postby [amal] » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi Behnam,

How are you? How is Ramadan with you? Do you spend it with your family? Do you visit your relative?

Many thanks for your off msg and your post here. They meant to me a lot, you don't believe how much they made me happy. I am glad that there is someone in this world cares about me. :-) Please don't worry about me, I am very well but I just don't find a good time for chat but be sure that you are in my mind and heart always.

Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Practising IELTS SKILLS

Postby behnam » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 am

Dear friends,

How are you? I hope you are fine. Yesterday was the hottest day of this summer in Tehran. I hope so. It was 41 °C, according to what the weather-forecasting organization said. Today is also hot, very hot actually, but not as hot as yesterday. It is Ramadan and like the majority of people I am fasting. In Ramadan Muslims are ordered to avoid eating and drinking, but this is the first feature of Ramadan. Although it is quite difficult for people to avoid eating and drinking for about 16:30 hours(in Tehran), this is the first step of a real fasting. Muslims are also expected to control their eyes, ears, and tongues during Ramadan. They should avoid sinful fantasizing, negative thoughts, and bad imagination. The first step is easy, but controlling senses and thoughts are really difficult. My Muslim friends, good luck with fasting. May God bless you! Please remember me when saying your prayers.

Dear Romana, nursing is a rewarding job, and nurses are respectful. They are also kind and patient. Nursing is emotionally eroding too. They are living with patients in hospitals and looking ofter them. This is really difficult. That is why nursing requires many skills and involves a lot of efforts and attempts .I wish you success in you job.

Dear Shaghayegh, your friendly post made me extremely happy. You are very kind. Thank you very much for your sincerity and kindness. I've heard about good taste of some special food in the North of Iran. I agree with you about the skillfulness of Rashti ladies. I follow your advice and use the maximum benefits of the permission which God has given to men in the holy Koran. Therefore, a complete fulfillment for a man is having four wives. A Tabrizi for keeping the generation going(having children), a Kurd for work, A Rashti for cooking, and finally a Shirazi lady for joy and pleasure(Golgasht va Khoshgozarani). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Shaghayegh, never give up writing! Writing makes your passive vocabularies become active. When you are writing, you are practising excellently, since you use what you have learned. I strongly recommend writing regularly. It may look difficult when you start doing something regularly, but little by little you will get the hang of it and it will turn to become easy and interesting. Honestly speaking, writing is crucially important for all IELTS candidates. When you are writing, not only are you directly practising writing skill, but also you are indirectly practising other skills; speaking, reading, and listening. Anyway, frankly speaking, that is wrong to stop writing!

Dear Romana and Shaghayegh, there are many sites which provide candidates with IELTS exam. However, some of them are really useful. For example, when it comes to IELTS preparation, (australianetwork.com/studyenglish) is wonderful, excellent, fantastic! I don't know how to describe the effectiveness of this site. A very kind and beautiful lady teaches almost all skills perfectly. I am sure you will enjoy it.

When it comes to practising writing, in my opinion, (http://www.ielts-blog.com/ielts-writing) is really useful.

For downloading some IELTS speaking samples vedios, juts go to http://WWW.youtube.com and search for them. You will find some real IELTS interviews.

I have to leave right now. I hope that helps.

Please do not hesitate to write more and discuss IELTS-based issues. I hope to hear more from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Thank YOU!

Postby behnam » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Amal,

How are you? I hope you are fine. Fasting may make you tired and bored. I wish you strength and patience. May God help you and support you!

Thank you very much for informing me about yourself. The situation in your country is not normal. New things happen everyday. When I read headlines and see Damascus is under rocket attack, I become worried about you. Please keep in contact and post regularly, no matter your posts are short. A 'hi' from you eases my worry.

When you are breaking fasting in the evening(Azan time) please remember me. Please pray for me when you are saying your prayers. I am praying for you too.

I wish you happiness and success.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 am

Dear Friends

The small part of body can makes the biggest corruption. The corruption of tongue can't be amended . If you say something that hurt your best friend, especially when say something in front of others to your friend. You are not able to taken the word back. Your regret can't amend the relation between you and your friend.

I don't know why people don't control their tongue , when they are among their friend , or relatives they make a joke and offend others. Sometime we heard about something and narrate it to other while we are not sure what we heard is truth.

Look at the following story.

There was a good man(scholar) who was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great scholar and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"
"Hold on a minute," the scholar replied. "Before telling me anything I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."
"Triple filter?"
"That's right," the scholar continued. "Before you talk to me about my friend it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you're going to say. That's why I call it the triple filter test. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"
"No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and..."
"All right," said the scholar. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?"
"No, on the contrary..."
"So," the scholar continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not certain it's true. You may still pass the test though, because there's one filter left: the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?"
"No, not really..."

Take care
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Veronicaho » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi All old and new friends!
I hope all of you are fine. Long time since I'v been here but I promised Behnam that I should write someting from my life here again. I'm fine and have holiday. Spending the time at our summer house and at the beach sunbathing and playing with my grandchild. The summer here in Aland Island in Finland has been great with sun and degreeze around 25.
Last month I have been in a group to loose fat (just few kilos). Now I am in final and need votes. So if you want to help me to get as many votes as I can get (... to win 2500€ ... I will go to China) ... follow the link here; http://worldofshape.com/resultat/rosta The site is Svedish but very easy to do. Schroll down the site ... there you will find name of 10 persons. Chlick to my name Veronica Holmström. Then write your e-mail on the empty line. To the end cklick at "klicka här för att rösta" ... that means that you will give your vote to me and send it in. Easy :) Please help me All of you and you will do something very significant for me. But it is a bit hurry ... must be done before 25/7. Thank you!!!
Veronicaho

Postby [amal] » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Ohhh Look who is here, Hi dear Veronica,

How are you?

Welcome back!
In fact today I was thinking of some old friends who used to write here like Andrew and I wondered why they aren't here anymore but when I saw your post you can't believe how happy I became. Anyway, I hope all friends are well.

Dear, thanks for informing us about your news and which you a happy holiday with your grandchild.
Take care,
Bye bye
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Veronicaho » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:06 am

Hi Amal!
Lovely to see you too! I'm really sorry to have short of time and thats the reason to why I'm not have possibility to be here regulary. But I will again do my best to join here sometimes because you are all in my mind anyway.
How are you? What have you done this summer?
So Andrew are'nt here anymore? Thats bad because he was also funny. But he have facebook and I talking to him sometimes there.
Kisses and hugs from your old friend!
Veronicaho

Postby Veronicaho » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Behnam ... where are you :)

I'm back as I promised you:) How are you and your family? I hope very well.
Today I'm sitting by my computer writing at my dissertation for my master degree. My theses is about the roll communication have for the organisation. Very interesting but a lot of work.
I'm still at our summer house and I am still off from work because of my finger. I will meet the ortoped on friday so maybe it's ok to go back to work then.
Something else ... I need your help to get as much votes as I can have! Last month I have been in a group to loose fat (just few kilos). Now I am in final and need votes. So if you want to help me to get as many votes as I can get (... to win 2500€ ... I will go to China) ... follow the link here; http://worldofshape.com/resultat/rosta The site is Svedish but very easy to do. Schroll down the site ... there you will find name of 10 persons. Chlick to my name Veronica Holmström. Then write your e-mail on the empty line. To the end cklick at "klicka här för att rösta" ... that means that you will give your vote to me and send it in. Easy :) Please help me All of you and you will do something very significant for me. But it is a bit hurry ... must be done before 25/7.

Don't think that I'm crazy ... yeah you know I am :) I will take all chanses to get votes and you can help me:) Then I will send new socks to you:)

Kisses and hugs from your friend Veronica
Veronicaho

Postby Veronicaho » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi Mohsen!!!!
You are still here and thats good! I will try to be connected to all of you again here at this site:) How are you? What have you done this summer? Whats new? No new cruise:)
Hope to hear from you very soon!

Hugs from your friend Veronica
Veronicaho

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion