Should young criminals (under 18) be sent to prison?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

safia

Re: Should young criminals (under 18) be sent to prison?

Post by safia »

I think punishment of young criminals plays a key role in reducing crime rates.Knowing that there is a swift action against committing crimes,makes them to think carefully before engaging themselves in any unlawful act .on the other hands it is not the only solution governments should rise the awareness of youngsters through media and social services.
asgharloo

Post by asgharloo »

I believe the young people who commit the crime , themselves are people who has been suffer or may have been abused by their guardian .
Another reason that may have effect on the criminals related to the gens.
So they are not the only people who should be blamed for that. By considering these parameters
the society should provide a way to keep them in line.
so instead of prison we should provide correction center that they give them proper education to help them to come back to the society.
Elearner

Post by Elearner »

Juvenile justice must improve to a more sensible implantation, where nowadays crime was acted by a child or teenager. Here in our country ‘Philippines’ common crime suspect was a child. The laws here are always siding on them regardless of what heinous crime they’ve done. We know that giving them a second chance is a moral act, but if you will check the crime tally from the previous year, and compare it today- it’s shocking to know that it increases more.

I’m not saying that punishing a child like what they normally did to an older or more mature (a person who knows what they’re doing), are exactly what our government do to any crime offender regardless on their age. However, I still see some changes that our government did these past few years of the Aquino regimen. I hope that they will come up with a refurbished law that will teach these child to learn what they’ve have done.
claudia

Post by claudia »

i think is good idea send them to prison, they have to paid the bad actions that they do,or maybe it's better to put them in rehabilitation center.
they can do social works or something like this.
hellofriend

Yes, young criminals should go to prison for their crimes.

Post by hellofriend »

Yes, I believe the young criminals should go to the prison. At first, I don not like child, who were crime. I am 18 years now, So I know, when you were 12-16 years old. Your mind were already group enough, you can thinking by your own. If I choose be a bad person, I will do it. So lot of people said:" They are just child, they do not know that is violate the law." For that, I just want to say BULLSHIT! If your child have a crime, it is your responsibility, it's your are not teaching well. "They are just a child?" lmao. That is just excuse. If the child crime and their parents fix it for them. They will never know what is right what is wrong. "OMG you are monster!". yes, i am. If i have a child who crime or steal some thing, i will bit them like hell. I will let them know that is wrong. So, those people who said"They are just child". ~ YOU ALL!!!
Jovannito

Post by Jovannito »

:lol:
TalkingPoint wrote: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:01 am Should young criminals (under 18) be sent to prison?

What do YOU think?

No they should not be sent to prison because they arent 18
Murazik
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Murazik »

Citizens under the age of 18 are not yet fully competent, so they should not be sent to prison, but there are cases in which it is better to come up with a harsher punishment. it all depends on the individual
As far as I was concerned Can't wait to see whatever movie they're filming in London right now.