EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Hi

Postby behnam » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi to all,

First of all, I'd like to say I've missed you terribly. How are you my friends? I hope you are doing well, and enjoying this beautiful season.

I am going to the hospital 3 times a week to have some exercise like walking on treadmill, bicycling, etc. It is funny, no matter how much and how fast you walk, you are at the same point! It is similar to the life of the poor! No matter how much they work, they are in the dog-house! Apparently, misery is an unchangeable destiny of some people. I don't know, but feel so! Oh, sorry for digressing. I was saying that on even days I go to the hospital. It starts at 8:00am and ends at 9:30am! I don't go to work. I have to stay at home and take rest. I will go to work in November.

In the evening, I have a one-hour walk at the park. I have to lose some weight. I have to change my diet too! My wife does not put salt on the table and only pours a little bit salt into foods. This is what the nutritionist has said to my wife! My wife has to stop frying chicken and potato, etc. in oil. She has to use chicken instead of red meat in preparing foods!

Anyway, my life has changed. I have changed too. I am not the same person. I have lost my accuracy and concentration. My brain does not work like an atomic clock anymore! I know, nobody is reading this line, so, to tell you the truth, it didn't work like an atomic clock before! :lol: :lol: :lol: Once mullah Nasereddin( a comic person) jumped over a donkey to ride it. Poor mullah jumped from one side and fell down from the other side. He couldn't sit on the donkey's back. He sighed and said, "Oh, my youth you have gone, alas I am old now." He looked around and saw nobody was noticing his failure. Then he whispered to the ear of the donkey, "To be honest, I was nothing in my youth". Now, to be honest, my brain has never worked like an atomic clock! :lol:

Oh, something else from my PhD exam. Iranian Measurement Organization(I don't know what they measure, how, and what the unit is; meter, kilogram, sack, bag, buckle, etc.) has announced a report which shows my average(the average of verbal and oral exams) and my rank. My verbal mark was 9007 out of 10000, and my oral mark was 2500! I ranked 21st at the university, while the 20th person is accepted! How funny and unfair it is! They have given me a number(2500 out of 10000) to make me the 21st person, no matter how my talents, answers, abilities, skills, knowledge, etc. were! Now, I must sit and wish the death of one of those 20 students. :lol: If one of them dies or leaves the country, or stops studying for any reasons, I may get accepted! There is some light at the end of the tunnel, but I dislike it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's stop bothering you. Good memories are always flying in the sky of my mind. I am breathing with those sweet memories.

All the best,
Behnam, 5 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby shahrubanu » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:00 pm

I love my friends!
shahrubanu

Postby Elham » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:44 am

Dear Shahrebanu,

Many thanks for sharing that Turkish music on facebook. Although I don't understand even one word of it, listening to it takes my soul to another world. As if I have lost sth and it reminds me of it!!!! Ohhhhhh, thanks honey for gifting me this great sense today, for these wonderful tears on my face, for reminding me of my old days, old memories, happy days, memorable hours in the past...

I can't stop listening to it... I can't stop my tears... I can't stop thinking and feeling.....

Thanks honey
Elham
Gold Member

Hi Ellie

Postby Kamelia » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:16 am

How are you? How is it going?

Listening to music? And alone? Not gonna share it with your friend? Oh Ellie....Ellie :-D
I'm curious, tell me about it too,

Waiting impatiently
Kamelia
Silver Member

Postby [amal] » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi Elham,

How are you?

Ohh WOW! I can't believe my eyes!

When I opened the thread and saw you name, I thought that I had made a mistake and didn't read the name correctly, I thought that I was still asleep and dreaming of you! :-D I was too amazed!

Dear Eli, Listening to music is something good. However, when it makes us cry it started to be a bad thing. I really like to hear that you are enjoying your time but I hate it when you cry. please please if listening to music makes you cry, pleeeease stop it!

I know that sometimes things remind us of old memories and days and we hardly can prevent our tears but let's let the past in the past and look forward to the future. ;-)

I hope all your days are full of happiness and joy.
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Music isn't optional or selective!

Postby behnam » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:53 am

Hi friends,

It is my favourite season and I am enjoying the special beauty of nature these days. Enjoying something does not necessarily mean doing something or having a particular activity. For me, walking, looking at trees and birds and the shades, breathing the air of autumn, friendly sunlight etc. are all enjoyable.

It is very nice to read your posts. Reading your posts makes me really happy and joyful. Thank you very much for keeping your contact with this thread and friends. There is a saying in Azerbaijani language 'Har zadin tazasi, dustin kohnasi'(هر زادین تزسی، دوستین کهنسی). It means 'every new thing is favourable, but when it comes to friendship, an old friend is favourable'! I couldn't translate it properly. You know, some phrases and expressions or sayings cannot be translated. You lose the meaning when you translate them from native language into another one. This saying is one of them. Anyway, I hope you'll get the meaning.

Amal's style of writing has made me amazed. I am not exaggerating at all. Her way of writing, and the structures she uses in her writings make me absolutely amazed. I wish I knew how she had made such a great improvement in her writing skills. I guess she is reading some novels.

As always, Elham is full of emotions and feelings. I guess she feels nostalgic about the past. She remembers some happy memories and wishes that things had not changed. I am not going to advise her, since (رطب خورده منع رطب کی کند)! In English it means, someone who has eaten date, cannot tell someone else to stop eating it! I feel nostalgic about the old days too. Old memories are like sweet dreams, marching in front of my eyes.

Kamelia and Shahrbanu are too stingy to write more! What they are doing is so similar to the action of a person who is aware of someone's thirst. S/he shows a glass of ice-water to that thirsty person and lets him/her touch the glass, but doesn't quench his/her thirst! You were lucky that I used water and thirst to explain the situation. You know, using apples and things like that to make myself clear is easier and funnier! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is Mohsen? I've missed him and his posts.

Finally, we shouldn't blame Elham for her feelings. Actually, she hasn't chosen that piece of music. Someone else has put it on her Facebook and she has listened to it. Let's suppose Elham has chosen such a sad piece of music. Even in this case, we have no right to blame her, because music is not selective. We cannot choice either happy or sad piece of music. As a matter of fact, our feeling makes decision about the kind of music we like listening to at a specific period of time.

Yesterday, I was talking to a friend of mine. I wanted her to listen to happy music! However, we listen to music which is in accordance with our moods or feelings. What I am saying is this: We enjoy listening to a piece of music which is compatible with our moods or feelings!

All the best,
Behnam, 13 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Behnam,
You did a great job , walking in autumn is fantastic ,you took important step to access your complete health
The autumn is making the days short and the nights long , and you know that the night is belong to ladies :lol: :lol: , I should be beside my wife . so there is little time to write here .

Also my desire for sleeping has been doubled in autumn. I don't know why my mood has been change , maybe this is normal for all people !! what is your sense ? do you feel you would like to sleep more in autumn ?

I am nostalgic in fall , for what ? I don't know , maybe it is the guilt of my album which i was looking at ,the old memories comes to my mind ,...but it was worth and enjoyable.

It is really pleasing to find myself a little craving to stay in bed and watch a movie.
I am able to remove all concerns from my mind and enjoy my life.

all the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Nights belong to....!

Postby behnam » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:08 am

Hi Mohsen,

It was very nice reading your post and hearing about you. Thanks!

To be honest, in terms of sleeping, for me it does not matter which season we are in. I sleep 7 to 8 hours every day.

Mohsen wrote:The autumn is making the days short and the nights long , and you know that the night is belong to ladies :lol: :lol: , I should be beside my wife .

The night belongs to ladies! What do you mean? Which night do you mean? Well, suppose one night in a week belongs to ladies, what about other 6 nights? You might mean nights belong to ladies! If so, you have big trouble spending nighttime with your wife. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make your wife busy with her personal tasks. Ladies have many things to do. When they are not busy, they either speak on phone or talk to their husbands(or to a listener)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know such things much better than me. I should stop sounding like an adviser.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Strange things we see these days!

Postby behnam » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:54 am

HI Friends,

A few seconds ago I was in the kitchen; talking with my wife about the strange things we see these days. When we were talking, I decided to share the main part of the story with you.

First, as you may know, apple is my first favourite fruit. My second favourite fruit is pomegranate. As you know, pomegranate ripens in autumn. About 2 hours ago, we were to the market to do the shopping. Some people were selling pomegranate. I bought a big basket of it. After getting home, I went to the kitchen and took a knife and cut one of the largest pomegranates. Strangely, the seeds inside it were whitish and dry! I cut another one. It was worse than the first one! I cut about 10 pomegranates, but they weren't eatable. My wife said, 'it is not possible to be crooks and frauds and to have good harvests." I added, "Why do farmers send such bad fruits to the market? Why don't they cut such useless trees down? What do they think?"

It is not fair to put the blame on farmers. No matter where we are living in and what we are doing. Everybody who doesn't perform his/her duties must be blamed. As a general rule, things are linked together like chain rings. The farmer is just one link in the chain.

This summer, before having heart operation, I couldn't buy sweet red watermelon. No matter in what size I bought, the watermelons were tasteless.

Three weeks ago, I was in Tabriz; my motherland. In the vicinity of Tabriz, on the road sides, people were selling different things. Somewhere some people were selling apple. Oh my God! Apples were really really really perfect. They were large, bright,watery and as tough as I love. They have pleasant smell and beautiful colours (a nice combination of orange, yellow and white). I bought two large basket of apples and brought them to Tehran. Oh, you cannot imagine how nice they were and how I felt when biting those apples. Some friends could hear the sound of my bites when talking to me on the mobile phone or Skype! :lol: :lol: :lol: You may say, "Well, Behnam you have paid a large amount of money for those large apples." Swear to God, the price of apple in Tehran is about twice as its price in Tabriz. However, the quality of it in Tehran is much less that its quality in Tabriz.

I paid a big amount of money to those pomegranates; mentioned above, but I burned the money actually!

My question is this: Hey farmers, salesmen, producers,... when you know your products are terrible, why are you selling them? why are you producing them? Simply and briefly, why do we all deceive each other?

All the best,
Behnam, 15 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby shahrubanu » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 pm

hi Elham,
how are you my friend? I hope that you are very well,the song that I have shared is about Sultan Sülayman as it s understood from its name , the song tells that ''nobody could stay in the earth eternally even Sultan Süleyman'' and so on...
By the way it affects me deeply too.
shahrubanu

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion