EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Secrets of Success

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Secrets of Success

Postby Gnagna[girl] » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:59 am

I'am agree with Bob Dylan. I think a man is a success when he's well in his body and in his head.
Gnagna[girl]

Postby irenapol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:29 pm

The measure of success is different for everyone. It can be being able to walk properly for a child, being self-contained and independent for a person with a disability of some kind, learning a foreign language, having a loving family, or a big house, or reaching the highest step on career ladder for some ambitious businessman.Whatever it is, if it makes you feel content with what you've achieved, it is YOUR success.
irenapol

Postby irenapol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Being able to do what you want to do IS a success, but it's so hard to achieve!
irenapol

Postby kassliw » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:03 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?

The man is a success, when he is happy and fulfilled. Doing what you want protects him form troubles and conflicts, what happens a man is not success. If someone is cheerful there is no reasons that this guy can't name a man of success.
kassliw

Postby Prusalas » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:42 am

a succesful man is anyone that always thinks positive and doesn't depend others person
Prusalas

Postby olamro » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm

I agree with Bob Dylan, because I think people should do what they want or love. If you will pursue your dream you will be a success. Also a success depends on working hard - you have to try to give as much as possible and feel that you fulfill your goal during the day. Optimism is also very improtant, because you have to believe that you can do it and when you think that way you can be sure that you will be a success.
olamro

Postby mcIlob » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:14 pm

For everybody success can has some diffrent meaning, but in my point of view success is when we experience following day our life in which we are not limited and we can do what we like and want and when we are reaching earlier established target because achive it will be a success for us.
So, let's do what we like and achive the aim and let's be happy of our success.
mcIlob

Postby rokwysocka » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm

In my mind not everyone is a success when he is doing what he want. Often people feel a lack of something. I think the other person in our life could fill it out. I believe that trust, helping each other and support is a very important part of our lives. ;-)
rokwysocka

Postby Klaudyna » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:06 pm

I don't agree with this definition of success because in our life the most important is to have a good friends and do something to help them if they have some problem. What is more I don't think that the success is when we get up, get to bed at night and do in the day what we want because it is a simply thing which we do in every day.
Klaudyna

Postby StoKin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:57 am

In my opinion success depends on working hard and our commitment in this what we want to do. It is possible if you are persistent in doing it.
StoKin

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion