EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Postby lesoli » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 pm

I think that some dreams can mean something. Some people have prothetic dreams and it comes true, but some people like me have strange dreams and it doesn't mean anything. People by years want to know if dreams mean something that's why they write book of dream interpretations. ;-)
lesoli

Postby alicjapie » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I often dream, but I don't interpret them. Many people believe in different meanings of dreams. Moreover, They looking for interpretation of various books. I think it's stupid, because belief in dreams is just superstitio.
alicjapie

Postby mcIlob » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:41 pm

I think that our dreams mean something, but not always. Everyone can interpret their dream however they want. I can say that almost all my dreams mean something. Sometimes I have prophetic dreams which turn out to be the true. For example when I have nightmares I can suppose that in a short time something bad will happen. I think it is an evidence that our dremas can mean something for us.
mcIlob

Postby krozmar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 pm

I believe that our dreams mean something. We often dream about the experiences of the past. But sometimes we dream of things that have not happened yet. I dreamed once that my grandfather died from cancer. After one year it turned out that my grandfather had cancer and died two years later.
krozmar

Postby wojcieszek » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I don't believe that our dreams mean something.

I don't remember my dreams but one day I have a dream about I was falling out of the building.

I have never had a prophetic dream.
wojcieszek

Postby irenapol » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 pm

It seems to me that dreams are the reaction of our mind to what we've experienced or what we feel emotional about. But they do not really mean anything. Though people have been trying to find some deeper sense in their dreams for ages. That's why books about interpreting our dreams sell so well. Anyway, everyone can believe in whatever he wants to as long as it doesn't harm others. As for me, I don't believe that dreams have some meaning, I don't remember them very often, though sometimes I feel woried if I dream of something bad happening to me or my dearest people.
irenapol

Postby emilkatok » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm

I think that our dreams mean somenthing. A lot of people have prophetic dreams. When we have problem or when we worry about something we experience that when we sleeping. We often imagine our desires. My mother say that we should interpreting dream but in opposite mean. For example, when we dreaming about somthing badly we probably succeed in reality.
emilkatok

Postby StoKin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:35 pm

In my point of view our dreams have a lot of different meaning. Usually we dream about our desires and concerns, this is why people are looking meanings of dreams in special books or at a fortune-tellers. We can find out something about our future. For example healthy tree in our dreams means luck, recovery or good message but damaged tree is a sign of problems, failure or worries.. I think that it is better to dream about good things.
StoKin

Postby dariakur » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 pm

In my front of view dreams are stroris in our imagination. It doesn't mean anything, there are only images in somebody's head. I don't remember my dreams, but when I was a child I dreamed about space and cows :o And this does not mean that I should buy cow and teach it to fly. It's funny that people believe in dreams, really. Prephetic dreams don't exist! Science exists only!!!
dariakur

Postby Tkiewicz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 pm

I think that dreams are only dreams and often we don't remember they. Dreams doesn't mean something but they can show what makes us fear or something which is stressfull for us. I often have a dream about holidays, so I think it shows that I have enough of school, but it doesn't have some diply sense. What is more... I'm sure that everyone have ever had dream about falling down, it is most meaningless dream
Tkiewicz

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion