EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Happy Eid-Ul-Adha!

Postby behnam » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi friends,

I am writing this to say a warm
Happy Eid-Ul-Adha to all Muslims brothers and sisters in all over the world. I hope we will follow the rules and laws of Islam and then will follow the path of perfection!

I'd like to say a special
Happy Eid-Ul-Adha to the friends who have performed Haj. They are called Haji Agha and Hajiye Khanom in Iran. I hope the big 'NO' which they have said to Satan-by throwing stones at its symbol- will guide them towards perfection all the time.

I may not find an opportunity to add something to Sharbanu's post. What she means is a Turkish ruler known as Suleiman the Magnificent, who greatly improved the Ottoman Empire in its government and culture. However, I am afraid I disagree with her. I think it mentions to prophet Suleiman, the son of David; one of the kings of Israel. His name has come in the Holy Koran. He could talk to animals, and had miraculous powers. In Azerbaijani language there are many poems which have similar meanings. For instance:

Bu donya fanidir fani,
Bu donyada ghalan hani?
Davud oghli Suleimani,
Takhtinan salan dunya.

This world is transitory,
Who is staying in this world?
This world has brought Suleiman, the son of David down from his throne. [It means that when someone like him has left the world(has died) we will obviously die too!]

Another one is said by Shahreyar the great:

Heydar baba donya yalan donyadi,
Suleimannan Nuhdan ghalan donyadi,
Oghul doghip darda salan donyadi,
Har kimsiya har na verip alipdi,
Aflatunnan bir ghuri ad ghalipdi.

Heydar baba(this is a mountain's name in Azerbaijan, mainly in Hashtrud, where Shahreyar was born) the world is a big lie,(=is nothing),
This world is inheritance of Suleiman and Noah, (it means that such important men have left this world, but it still is remained! This phrase metaphorically means that when such great men have died we will obviously die too),
This world gives birth to son, and puts him into trouble and pain(metaphorically means that human beings are in pain and grief all the time),
It has taken back whatever has given to anybody,
Only a name is remained from Plato(an ancient Greek philosopher, who had a very great influence on European philosophy).

HAPPY EID-Ul-Adha!

All the best,
Behnam, 15 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Behnam,

How are you? I hope you are enjoying autumn in every single moment..

First of all, thank you for your posts, I really love your words and love learning from them.

Emm, Do you really think that my English is getting better?! Oh! Inshallah!
Sadly, these days, I don't use it as usual and I rarely chat in English. :-( In fact, I don't know how the time flies but it does! :-( By the way, so sorry about leaving so fast in our last chat, but I couldn't stay more and couldn't wait, I really wished we could talk.. :-(

You know, your guess was right, I have bought a new phone and downloaded some books so whenever I have some free time, I read. I don't know how that will effects on my English but I am trying my best...

In the end, I wish you and other friends a happy Eid, may all your days are full of joy and happiness.

* In Syria now we have a long holiday started from Friday and will end on Saturday.

I hope you enjoy your holidays.
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Hi Amal!

Postby behnam » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:38 am

Hi Amal,

Thank you is not strong enough to say in gratitude for what you have done for me during the long friendship I have had with you. You deserve the most special and warmest 'thank you' from the bottom of my heart.

Your English is excellent, and your way of writing is impressive, effective, and profound. You are so creative. The most important aspect of your writing skills is that you play with words. You are riding the words; they are not riding you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is extremely important for English learners to be confident enough to look at the English from somewhere above, in a way that not to be imprisoned by vocabulary and grammar. In other words, learners should not let the complexities of a language dominates them!

Your posts say that the English language is flexible for you. Congratulations!

Oh, I hope you'll fully enjoy your holidays. I wish you happy moments with your beloved people!

All the best,
Behnam, 17 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Dear Behnam,

Thank for your congratulation message to your friends for Eid Ghraban (Eid-Ul-Adha).
We had a party, and one of our family member who is Sayed ( a person who is descendant of prophet Mohammad PBUH) had invited us to his house. I enjoyed the Eid very much beside many relatives who was gathered in Sayed's house.

Also the day before Eid-ul-Adha is very important , it is called the day of Arafeh in Iran , and many people gather in mosques and read the Arafeh prayer. The Arafeh prayer was said by Imam Hussein ( the grand child of prophet Mohammad). This prayer is a miracle which said by Imam when he was in Haj pilgrimage 1400 years ago. It is the most beautiful prayer ( Dua) I have ever read . If you want to read it please go to the following website, it is written in Arabic and English translation.

http://www.duas.org/zilhajj/arfday.htm

Thank you for your advice , your writing is always practical , I try to make my wife busy , Tonight I incited her to read a book which I had borrowed from library. She read some pages and went to sleep , It is about 10 PM and I am sure she will be awake very soon.So I should finish my post soon.

Have a pleasure time
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

They must be busy!

Postby behnam » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 am

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you very much for your reply. Thank you once again for sharing the address of that wonderful place. I really enjoyed reading some parts of it(Doae Arafeh). It was great.

Idleness can create some illness. That's why-maybe-Imam Ali(PBUH) has said, "Working is the best entertainment."

If a man would like to get completely rid of his wife's disturbance, he should make her busy with some routine tasks. The task must be routine, otherwise she will keep asking some questions when carrying it. This will lead to some other disturbance. Therefore, it's essentially important to give them some routine tasks.

If a lady gives birth to a baby, the man will become released from some prisons. However, a big amount of money is needed to spend on both the baby and the mother. Therefore, for a rich man, the easiest solution is making his wife become a mother! If a lady gives birth to two babies-like my case-she will forget her husband for a long period of time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, everything has got its advantages and disadvantages. Good sides and bad sides are always together. We cannot choose only the positive sides of something. They are always mixed. Nothing is perfect in the world. To say it in different words, there isn't any perfect situation in the world. This is a fact, however, our visualization of it is different. Everybody says this phrase 'Nothing is perfect', but only a few percent of people understand it.

All the best,
Behnam, 18 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

A Conversation!

Postby behnam » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Please spare time to read the below lines till the end. I loved it and hope you will like it too.

Pencil: I'm Sorry.
Eraser: For What? You Didn't Do Anything Wrong.
Pencil: I'm Sorry Cause You Get Hurt Because Of Me.
Whenever I Made A Mistake, You're Always There To Erase It.
But As You Make My Mistakes Vanish,
You Lose A Part Of Yourself.
You Get Smaller And Smaller Each Time.
Eraser: That's True. But I Don't Really Mind.
You See, I Was Made To Do This. I Was Made To Help You
Whenever You Do Something Wrong.
Even Though One Day, I Know I'll Be Gone
And You'll Replace Me With A New One,
I'm Actually Happy With My Job.
So Please, Stop Worrying.
I Hate Seeing You Sad.

Parents Are Like The Eraser
Whereas Their Children Are The Pencil.
They're Always There For Their Children,
Cleaning Up Their Mistakes.
Sometimes Along The Way...
They Get Hurt,
And Become Smaller
(Older, And Eventually Pass On).
Though Their Children Will Eventually Find Someone New
(Spouse)
But Parents Are Still Happy With What They Do For Their Children,
And Will Always Hate Seeing Their Precious Ones Worrying, Or Sad.

I Found This Conversation Between The Pencil And The Eraser Very Inspirational.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi Behnam,

I am still searching for some routine tasks to make my wife busy with. As you know according to Islamic rules the woman is a treasure at home and the man should admired her too much , a man is not allowed to force her wife to cook at home or force her washing dishes and clothe , a man is not allowed to ask her wife to take care of child.
Because I have not enough money to employ a maid for my wife to help her for household chores , I have to do them myself most of the time.

Never think that I have not power to force her for doing the house holding affairs , I am not use to ask anybody to do something for me ,even my wife.

My wife has being fascinated by my characters , and day by day she love me more and more. If I want to give a grade to her love when we got married , I give 100 , but know her love grade to me is 1000.

Since her burning love to me , she omitted all of her friends and relatives from her life. She always says " you are the first and end of life for me." If I be late a little when coming back from office ,she calls me several times.see me off at morning and welcome to me at evening .Sometimes she has to go somewhere without me , she goes ,but with a wet eyes.

Her life is totally depends on me , if I die one day ,she will die the next day. How can I find for her an amusement which I have no rule in it , something that make her busy , God knows..!!
Once you recommended me for having a baby , My wife can't bear the baby voice for a minute , I also recommended her to continue her education , going to gym , take part in one of women associations, but nothing satisfied her.

Now she is asking me for eating dinner and watching the Pejman serial movie on TV.

Have a nice night,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Hi Mohsen!

Postby behnam » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi Mohsen,

First of all, let me say 'Happy Eid-Al-Ghadir' to you and to all Shiite friends. I hope we will be the real followers of Imam Ali(PBUH). Following someone is acting and reacting like him/her.

I read your last post three times. I think this post is different from others. In other words, this Mohsen sounds different from the Mohsen who has written the previous posts!

Mohsen wrote:I am still searching for some routine tasks to make my wife busy with. As you know according to Islamic rules the woman is a treasure at home and the man should admired her too much , a man is not allowed to force her wife to cook at home or force her washing dishes and clothe , a man is not allowed to ask her wife to take care of child.
Because I have not enough money to employ a maid for my wife to help her for household chores , I have to do them myself most of the time.

I know what you mean. In Islam, mothers can demand money from fathers for the breast milk! As you have mentioned, women do not have to do household chores. They are also exempted from fighting battles. There is a big question: What is the use of women in an Islamic society? The answer of this question can be a big insult to women!

I totally disagree with inactivity of women in the society. I believe, women and men have to shoulder the responsibilities that life gives them! Certainly they have rational differences, abilities and capabilities, but those things cannot cause women to be passive in the society.

Mohsen wrote:My wife has being fascinated by my characters , and day by day she love me more and more. If I want to give a grade to her love when we got married , I give 100 , but know her love grade to me is 1000.

Oh, wonderful! So happy to read this paragraph. Her mark shows a dramatic increase in love and love-based things. How lucky you are! I wish you everlasting happiness and good lucks.

Mohsen wrote:Since her burning love to me , she omitted all of her friends and relatives from her life. She always says " you are the first and end of life for me." If I be late a little when coming back from office ,she calls me several times.see me off at morning and welcome to me at evening .Sometimes she has to go somewhere without me , she goes ,but with a wet eyes.

How romantic! I wish you happy moments. This sounds very nice.

Mohsen wrote:Once you recommended me for having a baby , My wife can't bear the baby voice for a minute ,...

Oh my God! This statement is against other paragraphs! Why Mohsen? In answering to my big question someone might say, "The main responsibility of women is giving birth, then keeping the generation going". However, frankly speaking, your wife apparently abdicates her responsibility in giving birth!

The love among couples is an excuse to attract them to each other and to persuade them into having children! Well, people are different and they have different attitudes towards life. However, I believe, the main philosophy of the attraction between two genders is keeping the generation going! What is the philosophy of gay-marriage(same-sex marriage)?

In the holy Koran, God HAVE said that putting kindness and friendliness among couples' hearts is one of his great signs, and it creates calmness! The question is this: Why have you created panic? If there were no panic, there were no need for calmness!

If we deeply think about these things we will realize that all the feelings, needs, emotions and desires are necessary for building such a complex system!

Why have you created such a system? God SAY in the holy Koran that HE HAVE created humankind to worship him! What is the need for this worship? Is God competing with other Gods?

It is said that the worship is an opportunity for people to get complete! The use of worship is just for the worshipers. I don't understand the need of such a complex game!

It seems that using 'I', without considering God and HIS role in the universe, is not possible! On the one hand, this thought satisfies my curiosity, on the other hand it opens the door of a room full of unanswered questions! {-: {-: {-:

I have digressed, so sorry!

All the best,
Behnam, 24 October, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi Behnam,

Thanks for your post , thank for your congratulation message to your shiite friends for Eid-Ghadir , As you know ,in that day Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) chose Imam Ali(AS) as his successor, Prophet took the Imam Ali's hand up in front of people and said" Ali is the mawla of whom I am mawla" and in this place ( Ghadir) the verse revealed to Allah’s Messenger “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [Surah Al Maidah, 5:3] , according to Shiite belief.

If you are interested to read more about Ghadir event there are many website ,but read it via following address.

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=474999

Dear Behnam , there many defects in people behaviour ,as we are not perfect. Man's not perfect.. Of course it should not be an excuse for people to do wrong things and say " man is fallible" but regretfully we do it ,even sometime keep insist on doing wrong things.

I don't know my wife is lazy or lacking in motivation. But she has got used to put every little jobs on my shoulder. These days she is suffering from pain in her spine, tomorrow I should take her to visit a doctor who I 've already made an appointment . I wish she could visit the doctor alone ,and don't waste my evening, she is able to drive car , but she like me to be her driver and to be with me all times. I have advised her not rely on me on every little things.Women are free to drive in Iran.

Today I was explaining for her that how miserable are the women in Saudi Arabia ,as they are not allowed to drive car. What I get from the policy of Saudi government is that they are trying to downgrade the feature of Islam in the world, Why Saudi government opposes the women driving ? Many news agencies and presses had many reports about the action of Saudi , BBC repeat this news many times , why ? what is behind of this policy? What is the relation of Saudi and Uk?
All the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

symbols pronunciation

Postby faishalrani » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 am

hy all senior ;-)

I'm new comer..

I still confused, when determine the symbols pronunciation from words or sentences

so my question, how to determine symbols pronunciation a words or sentences?

thank you before :)
keep smile :)
faishalrani

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion