EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Behnam ,

Tonight my wife was speaking by phone , and I had the option to be with own job , I had time to open the website and look at the pages. About half an hour ago my wife decided to call her sister because she felt that she had missed her sister. I was very happy as I always asked her to call her family members and friends and speak as long as possible. But nowadays she is a little cautious; she read the news about USA surveillance of phone commutation throughout the world. NSA is an organization which spy for USA by controlling phones, eavesdropping on people communication . Now my wife is afraid of speaking by phone specially for long period.
I was laughing at her sentences when she said " my phone is controlled "
I told her my dear what is important in your speaking with your relatives and friends , don't be afraid , they control the phone of important people like Angela Merkel .
Now it is revealed that the USA embassies has been armed with espionage systems all over the world . God bless Edward Snowden who is revealing the real face of USA government for people of the world, this is the fact which was claimed by some students in Tehran when they captured the USA embassy 33 year ago ,but at that time nobody believed them , and their claim was condemned by many countries at that time .
"Today's friends maybe become future's enemies" this is the slogans of USA government for interfering and spying in other countries. How this claim is absurd and impudent.

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

One of the best allegories I’ve ever heard

Postby Mohsen » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 pm

In a mother’s womb were two babies.
One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”
The other replies, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense,” says the other. “There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?”
“I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths.”
The other says, “This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.”
“I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here.”
The other replies, “No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” says the other, “but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us.”
“Mother?!” You believe in mother? Where is she now?”
“She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world.”
“I don’t see her, so it’s only logical that she doesn’t exist.”
To which the other replied, “sometimes when you’re silent you can hear her, you can sense her. I believe there is a reality after delivery and we’re here to prepare ourselves for that reality.”
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Thank you Mohsen!

Postby behnam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Mohsen,

So many thanks for your posts. I loved reading the story. It was interesting.

Dear Mohsen, on Saturday, 9th of November, I will be in Shahin Shahr(Malek ashtar University of Technology). I am there to give PhD interview. 6 people are invited to have interview. I rank first among them. Please wish me luck in the interview.

All the best,
Behnam, 6 November, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Welcome Faishalrani!

Postby behnam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi Faishalrani,

Welcome to this thread. Thank you for joining us and putting post here. I am afraid I didn't get what is meant by Symbols pronunciation. Would you please clarify your question?

All the best,
Behnam, 6 November, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:43 am

Hi Behnam,
I hope you had a good interview for your PHD, wish you were successful .
I had no time during last days , because every evening I was in Imam Hussein ceremony for 9 days and tomorrow is the most sad and mournful day in human being history (the 10th of Moharam).
Imam Hussain was the grandson of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, through his daughter, Lady Fatima and son-in-law, Imam Ali, peace be upon them all.
In less than half a day on the 10th of Muharram ( Ashura) in the year 680 A.D. (61 A.H.), on the hot desert sands of Karbala in Iraq, Imam Hussain(as), and 72 of his family members, friends and followers, including his 6 month old infant son, were martyred under most gruesome circumstances. These included His brother Hazrat Abbas (as) the standard bearer, His young 18 yr old son Ali Akber & his 4 year old daughter Sakina who died while in prison in Damascus. The Oppressive ruler; Yazid son of Mu'awiya son of Abu Sufiyan & his very large army of over 30,000 men, committed these heinous crimes against the small group which included the household of the Prophet. Lady Zainub (sister of Imam Hussain) also played a key role especially subsequent to the battle to inform people of the truth.

The group, including the six-month infant Ali Asgar, was without food and water for 3 days before their martyrdom. Ali Asgar was martyred thirsty in his father's arms when his tender throat was pierced by a three-pointed poisoned arrow, while his father implored the tyrants to allow water to the infant, after all his other companions were martyred at their hands.

Imam Hussain resolved to defend his thirsty entourage from the killer army’s onslaught, rather than submit to their forcible extraction of allegiance to a criminal despotic regime which used the name of Islam. He was going to stand to his principle to defend True Islam, even though he might be the last man standing with no support, no help.

The martyrs were beheaded & their heads were put on spears, while their corpses were trampled upon and left unburied. The ordeal did not stop at this as the women and children in the Imam's entourage were held captives and tortured while being led on an arduous journey to Damascus to be paraded and later imprisoned . The only male survivor was Imam Zainul Abideen (as) son of Imam Hussain (as) who was ill at that time, yet chained & repeatedly beaten. He subsequently wrote a 'Treatise on Rights' & a monumental prayer book called Sahifa Kamila.
In the history of Islam, al‑Husayn ibn 'Ali, the martyr of Karbala, wrote one of the most brilliant chapters; a chapter which still and after more than fourteen centuries, echoes in the minds and hearts of Muslims everywhere. It is remarked by a modern Muslim writer that 'With every Karbala Islam is renewed'.

Edward Gibbon (1737-1794) considered the greatest British historian of his time. Wrote “In a distant age and climate the tragic scene of the death of Hussein will awaken the sympathy of the coldest reader." [The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, London, 1911, volume 5, pp. 391-2]

Wish you the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Working Hard is Good Enough!

Postby behnam » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 am

To be honest and straight forward with you, only hard work will NOT promote you in your professional life. There are several other aspects of your overall personality which are accounted for your growth. When I say overall personality, I mean your outer and inner personality. And when I say Outer personality, I mean your verbal (when you speak) and non-verbal (when you are not speaking) features of your personality. Together I call it "Corporate Image". In this article I shall cover sure fire techniques to improve your Corporate Image. But please bear in mind that the hardware will always be the prime and foremost aspect of your growth.

Well, let us understand first why you should give importance to your official image?

Why Personal branding is important?

In your routine official life, you are being observed by your team lead, managers and/or senior managers on how you work, behave, speak, act, react, meet, greet, resolve and so on. All these observations are contributing towards your overall image. This image analysis is being done by the management for everyone. So when it comes to new opportunity or project in the department, it will be awarded to the one having good professional or corporate image.

Here are the things which you need to work on to promote your corporate image:

1-THINK BIG:

It all starts from your brain. Good Mind Good Find. It is as simple as that. Focusing on your thoughts will give maturity to your speech and actions which consequently would result in great personality. If you think you should only work on the physical appearance factor of your personality by looking nice through branded coats, pants and other accessories; it is going to result in a disaster since it will be equivalent to a bitter toffee in a nice wrap. Once the wrap is removed, the toffee is going to give a bad taste anyway.

2-WORK BIG:

Try to get engaged in more and more projects. If you really want to do task you will find a way to do it, if you don't, you will find an excuse so grab more tasks; off course not at the cost of your family life. Try to meet expectation as much as possible. Done go to your boss with a problem without solution. Develop skills such as problem solving, analytical Skills and creativity. Be efficient, confident, sharp, dynamic in your day to day life.

3-TALK BIG:

Be socially active, do not skip meetings. Try to give your positive and optimistic opinion as much as you can. Say hello to everyone. Be enthusiastic, humorous and friendly. Do not miss any telephone calls. Avoid reacting. Treating everyone with equal respect, Avoid irritating & negative comments. Build a vocabulary of positive words. Use and practice these again and again. Develop effective communications skills.

4-LOOK BIG:

Physical appearance matters a lot. Whether you are sitting in a meeting or walking in office or just working from your chair, you need to look confident. Your posture should portray your confident personality. When you are meeting with someone, try to work on your First Impression. Ask yourself whether the person is going to call you a Decent chap? Rough? Polite? Nice or what?. Your way of handshaking, standing/sitting, smiling, eye contact, shoes, dressing, voice, physical fitness, remembering names matter a lot. Do you have old suits in your wardrobe? Get rid of them. Do you have old hair style for some time? Change it. Do you use same colors of clothes? Buy new. Do you talk too quietly or too loudly? Change your tone. . Remember, you don't need to be in high end tuxedo for great impression, you can achieve the same by having a simple life style.

5-BEHAVE BIG:

Live an ethical life . Your personality should reminder others as a confident, honest, friendly, organized, creative, trustworthy and decent but mature person. Help others whenever it is required. Seek first to understand then to be understood. Don't impose your decisions on someone. Listen emphatically. Listen more and speak less.

Conclusion:

Hard work is definitely the key to success however you need to work on several aspects of your personality to move on your professional ladder. Always remember that consistency in your actions is critically important. Your inconsistent behavior is an indication of your non-predictive personality due to which people won't trust you.

All the best,
Behnam, 13 November, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

السلام علی الحسین

Postby behnam » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you very much for writing about the great revolution of Imam Hussein against Yazid Ebn-E-Mavie! What he has done is a big lesson for not only Muslims, but also for all people in all over the world. What is that big lesson? Actually, What Imam Hussein and his followers or supporters did in Karbala teach everyone about all aspects of life. For example, believers must water the tree of faith with their blood when it is necessary. Karbala clearly clarifies the duty of sister, brother, child, wife, husband, daughter, son, aunt, uncle, etc.

The majority of people do not pay close attention to the colourful painting that Imam Hussein has painted in Karbala. They only look through a narrow angle, may put themselves in his position and then become sad and cry. It is very good to cry for Imam Hussein and his great supporters, but the cry must be done wisely. Some people imagine themselves to be in similar situations. They say, "What would I do if I were in their situation in Karbala? What would I do if I lost my son?" These thoughts make them cry, but it is useless. We should know that the poets we write or the stories we tell about Karbala are our own reactions to a similar situation. In almost all cases, we insult Imam Hussein and his great supporters and family by our silly words. Why? Money is involved!

In my opinion, we must be proud of having such a great Imam who has lived honourably and has given his blood, his family, his brothers, his sons, his followers and relatives, etc. to his faith; Islam! What is Islam? How to live freely and honourably under the umbrella of God! This is Islam.

It should be kept in mind that every era has got its Yazid and Karbala. Therefore, it is our duty to know the Yazid of our own era and the Karbala(the battle) AND most importantly, to play our role! Karbala wasn't an only opportunity for a limited number of people to enter Heaven directly. We should have faith in repeating this process- happening this event- in all eras in our everyday lives. In other words, it is the philosophy of history of humanity-the battle between fact and fake-happening continuously like days and nights. Why? To give people the chance to choose. To choose what? To choose which side they are going to be on!

I am proud of Imam Hussein. I never cry for those great men who lived and died bravely, but I cry for myself; for my smallness and littleness. I cry for being the slave of my stomach! I cry for being the slave of my desires and needs. I cry for being the salve of my passion. I cry for being the slave of my body. How shameful it is to cry for some heroes who lived and died honourably.

Finally, I cry for those stupid brainless people who killed the grandson of their Prophet Muhammad. Who was Muhammad(PBUH)? Muhammad was sent by God; who started Islam in Mecca and made a great empire from some wild groups of Arab people. Yes, that's an undeniable fact that before Muhammad Arab groups were not civilized. They were killing their daughters. They were fighting with each other over silly things.

My question is this: How could they kill Hussein when they knew who he was? It is written in the history that when Shemr( لعنة الله علیه ) was cutting Imam Husein's neck said, "People witness that I am not cutting his throat because Muhammad has kissed this place. I am cutting his neck from back side instead!" How devilish! How shameful!

السلام علی الحسین و علی اولاد الحسین و علی الصحاب الحسین و لعن الله امّة قتلتکم

All the best,
Behnam, 13 November, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Dear Behnam,

Your post about Emam Hosein (سلام الله علیه) is great and touching. Like always...Behnamish...
Thanks
Elham
Gold Member

Postby shahrubanu » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:34 pm

thanks a lot brother Behnam you made me aware of the fact,The fact is that we are greedy and we have to cry for ourselves you are totaly right I got what you mean.It touches my heart,thanks dear....
shahrubanu

Postby Mohsen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi Behnam,
I must gratitude to your nice article.

It just took 50 years from when the prophet Mohammad (PBUH) raised the Imam Ali’s hand and nominated him as his succession in Ghdir to when the Shemr raised the Iman Hussien’ head on spear , From when they burned the door of Hazrat Zahra (SW) to when they drag ged her daughter (Hazarat Zainab) in plain of Karbala to show her the death bodies of her kin, it just took 50 years.

Did you see the movies of rebel in Syria , how he cut the chest of a death and took out his liver ,when I saw this scene I remembered the Muawiya’s mother when she cut the chest of Hazarat Hamzeh ( SW) and took his liver out, chewed it and spat it out.

You had a question (My question is this: How could they kill Hussein when they knew who he was?)
The basic of the cruelties come back to Madina , when the Islam was deviated from right path after the death of prophet , and it is continued to present time , you see how Suadi Arabi ,Ghatar, Bahrain , Emerate …so on support the rebels in Syria , and when the rebels fired their weapons they say Allah Akaber, The same as the Yazid troop when they were killing the Imam Hussein and his forces , the cried Allah Akaber , and after they killed all of them ,they did their prayer to thank God.

If the Force of Hezbullah from Lebanon didn’t come to help Syrian army , it doesn’t clear what has happened in Syria .
About 35 years ago the force of Hezbullah organized by Dr Chamran ( God bless him) in South of Lebanan and the y are real followers of Imam Hussien ,also we are happy that we can help them by all efforts.

Dear Behnam ,I don’t agree with you about crying for Imam Hussien is useless. In fact I don’t want to open the discussion about it ,but sometimes the order which placed by God , we can not analyse them correctly by our small brain.
As Imam Sadegh (God bless him) said “all creatures of skies and earth, birds, animals, jinn, mankind and angels have participate and participating in this crying.”

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion