EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do animals have a sense of humour?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do animals have a sense of humour?

Postby Tkiewicz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 pm

I think that animals don't have a sense of humour, because they are only animals. Sense of humour is specify for humans. Pets can do something funny, but they don't know, what they are doing at the moment. They do this because they want to get a delicacy or draw our attention.
Tkiewicz

Postby kassliw » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:53 pm

In my point of view animals haven't a sense of humour but have a sense of 'fun', but half the things we find funny just don't work with no language. How can you really tell if your dog's finding something funny when it looks happy after doing something silly, or if it's just happy that you're enjoying something it did?
kassliw

Postby dariakur » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Of course yes! Animals do funny things all time! I don't have a puppy, because I have an allegy, but my friends tell me jokes and stories in the lead role of their animals. For example I heard about a dog using the toillet or cat who takes showers and singing :D
dariakur

Postby alicjapie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:20 pm

I agree with the fact that not every animal has a sense of humor, because it is related to the level of intelligence. - The sense of humor in animals we can count, if the intelligence of a species is developed above. So with ants and beetle not to cause laughter, but the monkey already so! :)
Scientifically proven!
alicjapie

Postby StoKin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:26 pm

In my point of view animals have a sense of humor although we don't understand them because they speak in their language. Dogs are one of animals which show their satisfaction and we can observe and feel it. One of my dogs all time is happy. I think that it has a sense of humor and by the means it would like to relay this me. Sometimes animals behave strange way which cause on our face smile. I think that animals have feelings and it is binding with having sense of humor. :)
StoKin

Do animals have a sense of humour?

Postby krozmar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:42 pm

From my point of view the animals have a sense of humour because they can do funny things. For example my dog hides my shoes in to his kennel. Also, cats have a sense of humour because they can play with you in lots of funny or stupid ways. They enter into a bag and to play like on a carousel, for instance.
krozmar

Postby Tkiewicz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 pm

I don't think that animal have a sense of humour because only people are capable of doing things, which are funny and do it to make somebody laugh. Pets do some things, which are funny too but they do it because they want to draw our attention and get a delicacy
Tkiewicz

Postby olamro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 pm

In my opinion animals have sense of humor. I think that, because my cat has really good sense of humor. Every time, when I go to the kitchen, he hides behind the wall and when I am close, he attacks me and runs away like a ninja. Also usually, when I do my homework or learn he lies down on my books, covers up everything and I can't learn anymore.
olamro

Postby Wojteeek » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 am

In my opinion animals don't have sense of humour. There aren't any scientific evidences that they have sense of humour. Animals sometimes do something similar to smilinig but actually they are just thirsty. Last but not least reason is that they don't laugh, and they don't tell jokes. Sombody cans say "But animals can't speak so how can they tell jokes?" Exactly, they cannot, so my question is how they can have a sense of humour without telling a joke and laughing.
Wojteeek

Postby rokwysocka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:25 pm

In my mind animals have a sense of humor. They like doing something crazy time to time. When I play the ball with my dog, she usually catch it in his paws and smile :D She seems to be happy and I think it make her a lot of fun.
rokwysocka

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion