EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Sorry dear Behnam,
I had two mistakes in my last email ,revise it as follow
When they burnt the door of Hazrat Zahre ' house(SW)
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Intention Counts!

Postby behnam » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Mohsen,

Finally the mourning finished and we mourners killed Imam Hussein and became quiet! On 'Ashura' I took my wife to her parents' quarter. At noon, they finished the mourning and people ran towards the mosque to be served by 'Gheyme'(a cooked food containing rice, small pieces of meat, shelled peas and fried potato). I was talking to someone. Suddenly, he broke the conversation and ran towards the mosque, saying, "we will talk later, now it is time to eat 'Gheyme-e-Imam Hussein'! "Hurry up! Hurry up!", he was advising me! You know what I am saying. I won't explain further! :lol:

To tell you the truth, when I was writing that paragraph, I knew that would make you show your sensitivity! However, I want you to pay close attention to what I've written; to read it as carefully as possible. Let's once again look at what I've written:

behnam wrote:It is very good to cry for Imam Hussein and his great supporters, but the cry must be done wisely. Some people imagine themselves to be in similar situations. They say, "What would I do if I were in their situation in Karbala? What would I do if I lost my son?" These thoughts make them cry, but it is useless.

I'm not saying that crying for Imam Hussein is useless. What I mean is crying for our own problems; for example, crying for our lost goats or sheep, instead of wisely thinking about the philosophy of Imam Hussein's great revolution and taking lessons from it. In a nutshell, as I have put it, crying must be done wisely, not blindly!

Some people say, "من بکی او ابکی او تباکی وجب له الجنة ", but it can't be true. Crying must be done for some special purposes such as making people aware of the great revolution, showing how cruel the enemies have been, teaching people how to live, how to keep the faith, etc. Remembering our own misery and difficulties such as losing our goats, having bed-related problems with our wives and husbands, having car accident, being bald, getting old, etc.and crying for them when mourning is USELESS! :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 16 November, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi Behnam,

Thanks, I got it. You are right, the ritual ceremony should be done wisely , I believe that words and thoughts should be appeared in acts, it should be placed in the nature of people .Their deeds ,interactions,moods and totally their life should be according what they say in words
You see that people say their prayer 5 times in a day and ten times say "We just worship you and we ask for your help" but I can say that nobody is able to act this sentence 100%, maybe 90% of people say this sentence ,but never think about it wisely and never perform their life according to it.

Hypocrisy is to say something that you really don't act.

All the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

The Questions You Ask May Tell Who You Are!

Postby behnam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Mohsen,

How are you? I hope you are fine. I am happy I could make my point clear to you. I do agree with you. The vast majority of Muslims (me included) pray five times a day. As you have pointed it out correctly and wisely, they say "ایّاک نعبد و ایّاک نستعین " ten times in 24 hours. However, they (me included) are lying. This is one of the biggest lies that a human can tell! A very long time ago, I was discussing with a friend of mine about praying. I said "ان الصلاة تنهی عن الفحشا و المنکر ". My friend laughed at me and said, "Come on! Many thieves and criminals pray five times a day like other Muslims". I laughed and replied, "They are not praying. Actually, they are acting habitually". Yes, that is true. We can do something from habit, but it is USELESS!

When evaluating and judging on people (well, sometimes it is necessary to evaluate someone's actions. For instance, when a girl or her family is making decision on either accepting a boy's proposal or not, they have to evaluate his personality), they should pay close attention to see if he is an honest person or not. Is he a loyal person? Is he a compassionate person? Some qualities cannot become habits. Nobody can say, "I always tell the truth from habit"! However, praying can become a habit, although it is not a bad one.

As you know, I had two interviews two weeks ago. One of them was in Isfahan (Shahin Shahr). The other one was in Bonab(near Tabriz). From the questions they asked me, I could easily evaluate the quality of the universities. I don't want to write the details here. However, I'd like to say that great people ask great questions!

Before marriage, I visited some girls at their houses, in order to get familiar with each other. As you know, since you are an experienced man (LOL), in such cases, the families sit in the living room and let the boy and the girl talk in an open-door room (LOL). The door must be open, you know the reason! :lol: Anyway, in one of the meetings, I talked with a physician(doctor). She asked me some silly questions such as what my favourite colour or food or hobby, etc. was! What was my birth month (to check my horoscope!). For the first meeting, these questions sounded ridiculous! I won't tell you what I said to the girl in answering to her stupid questions! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before writing this paragraph, my wife called me for lunch. There was pickle on the table. Apparently, a friend of my wife had given it as a gift. The vegetables weren't balanced and they weren't chopped rightly. I said to myself, "Behnam, write it that even from chopping an onion, it is possible to judge on her skills"!

I have digressed! Why am I writing these things? I don't know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever I write cannot be stronger than that famous saying 'actions speak louder than words'!

All the best,
Behnam, 22 November, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi Behnam,
I hope you enjoy and taking pleasure in your favourite autumn.

My goal for pointing out the problem of what we say in our prayer as the words and sentences ,and our actions which don't comply with that words and sentence is that we are not allowed to say that we don't say the prayer anymore because we don't think wisely and don't act what we say. The same view for ritual ceremony for Imam Hussein, although what mattered is our deed which has a big distance with the words we say.

Some people apparently living in joy by making themselves amusement. One of the critics of the ritual ceremony in my family is a close relative of my wife. She seriously critics people and what they do in the first ten days of Moharam in the mosques and streets .She states that the ceremony spoils her joy. Include herself as a rational people which never take part in such a ceremonies and base on her Islamic belief she bring me her reasons.

I try not to laugh at her when we have discussion because I know to whom I am discussing . Of course I never start discussing with her ,she always like to say her idea about everything.

Her job is to decorate the wedding ceremony table( سفره عقد) . She use a lot of time to decorate some objects in the table for some crazy people who give her a lot of money. Also she is a special cook . she spends a lot of time to prepare a kind of delicious food for some lazy people for special ceremony and get a lot of money. Her favourite TV channel is Manoto . ( a satellite channel which work on the mind of such a people) .In summery what she does is related to the some parts of body just under the neck. Of course she says her prayer and also read Quran. I say nothing to her about the words and sentences she says and her actions «یَعْلَمُونَ ظاهِرا مِنَ الحَیاةِ الدُّنْیا وَ هُمْ عَنِ الآخِرَةِ هُمْ غافِلُونَ», because these people are blind and deaf. She is very kind to me and sometime she forget that I am a man, belong to another woman.

I write about her because she is in my house now and she is speaking with my wife loudly in the living room. Sometime I go to the other room and interfere in her discussion, because I afraid that she deceive my wife.

She is an skilful lady ,she know about preparing all kind of pickles , food, and confectioneries. She is also a tailor for women. She knows how to make handicrafts ,even a carpet weaver. A good driver, swimmer and knows about all kind of music style and plays drum (تنبک).
Once she told me that she had gathered an orchestra at her home ( 40 people) and they play and singing until the morning.

What a wonderful lizard she is!!!

Let me stop her ,I am hearing her ,she is going to red lines.

Have a nice Autumn
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Girls' Old Friends!

Postby behnam » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:14 am

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for your wonderful posts. Apparently, great ladies come to your home to visit your wife! However, I have asked my wife to finish having any sort of friendship with single girls. I believe a married lady should form friendships with married ones. Keeping contact with single girls(by a married lady) can be poisonous to a couples' happy marriage. Haven't you ever heard that birds of a feather flock together? :lol:

For making these shocking words clear, some explanation is necessary. Suppose a single girl is visiting a married one. The married one asks the single one some things like these, "What about marriage? Are you dating with someone? Have you got someone under your pillow? Have you set traps for catching your Mr. Right? Etc." How would she answer to these questions? It depends on many factors such as her mood at that time, her personality, her emotions, ...! What she says as a reply may affect the mood of the married lady positively or negatively. For example, suppose she says, "I prefer to have my freedom. I hate to cook and wash up everyday. I am not stupid to tolerate someone's nags all the time. I am my own boss...." These insincere replies may affect the married lady's life negatively. In some cases, such things are destructive.

She may say, "Oh my friend. You were lucky. You met a wonderful man. Girls envy your wonderful life. They wish they could met their Mr. Right as you did. Oh, you should pray to God for such a great success. .."! However, girls are naturally jealous. Their jealousy does not let them be wise and reply wisely. Therefore, such replies are rare! :lol:

To be honest, I have had both of them, both cases in my life. No matter a lady is highly educated or illiterate, they have the same emotions and feelings. As a matter of fact, all human beings have got both destructive and constructive emotions. Education cannot change our nature. Some men fool themselves and say, "My wife is a professor, or a doctor, she is different! she is not an easy prey." Unfortunately, statistics show that highly educated ladies are not skillful enough to manage such difficulties in life. Education(memorizing some facts without being able to analyze and digest them) is different from wisdom.

Dear Mohsen, don't let that lady come to your home, but I suggest you going to her home and enjoying your life. She can be ....! Pardon my French! Hahahahahahahahaha.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 29 November, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Rephrasing!

Postby behnam » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi friends,
I am tired of texting. Today, from the beginning of the day until a few seconds ago, I was texting to a friend. My fingers are numb now and I feel I am not OK! I came here to spend some time on writing. It relieves me!

A person was making herself/himself ready for IELTS exam. S/he intends to leave Iran and to study PhD in another country. That person asked me for some help with their English skills. One of the questions which is convenient to share with you was about 'rephrasing'. As you know, in writing module, the candidates have to write an essay. They give them a topic and want them to write an essay about it. The candidates should repeat the topic with a different structure in the introductory paragraph; however, the meaning must be kept. This is called 'rephrasing'!

Suppose the topic is about something like this: Children watch too much television these days. It causes them to lose their creativity. Do you agree or disagree?

How can we rephrase it? As you know, a word can preform a variety functions. It can be a noun phrase, an adjective phrase, etc.We should use different structures that mean the same. Read the following sentences:

1- Children watch too much television; as a result, they lose creativity.
2- Children watch too much television; consequently, they lose creativity.
3- Children watch too much television; therefore, they lose creativity.
4- Children watch too much television; hence, they lose creativity.
5- Children watch too much television; because of this, they lose creativity.
6- Children are so interested in television that they lose creativity.
7- Children watch so much television that they lose creativity.
8- Children watch so many TV programs that they lose creativity.
9- Children lose creative ability since they watch so much TV.
10- Children lose creative ability because they watch so much TV.
11- Children lose creative ability because of the fact that they watch so much TV.
12- Watching too much television is the reason for loss of creative ability.
13- Watching too much television is responsible for loss of creative ability.
14- Watching too much television leads to loss of creative ability.
15- Watching too much television contributes to loss of creative ability.
16- Watching too much television results loss of creative ability.
17- Watching too much television causes loss of creative ability.
18- Loss of creativity results from watching too much television.
19- Loss of creativity follows from watching too much television.
20- Loss of creativity is due to watching too much television.
21- Loss of creativity is a result of watching too much television.
22- Loss of creativity is a consequence of watching too much television.
23- Watching too much television kills creativity.
24- Watching too much television takes away creativity.
25- Watching too much television stifles creativity.
26- Watching too much television discourages creativity.

You can add many similar structures. I am sure about it.

I just wanted to change my mood by writing this post. I hope that is useful.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby shahrubanu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:07 pm

ooh! dear brother Behnam thank you so much, you increase our knowledge.. you are a great teacher HEAD TEACHER!.Thank you for teaching us.By the way,I m so curious , could you please kindly let me know who you were texting to today?

with great respects..love my friends
shahrubanu

Hi Shahrbanu!

Postby behnam » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi my lovely sister Shahrbanu the great,

How are you? I hope you are fine. Thank you for parsing me. You are a great teacher yourself.

About the friend I was texting to, unfortunately, I cannot share her/his name here. Maybe, s/he doesn't agree to have her/his name shared in this place. I am sure, you are a wise lady. You can take a guess quite easily. S/he has been absent from this thread for a long time. I was missed for him/her. I hope to read his/her wonderful, full of emotions and energetic posts soon. I hope so! {-; {-; {-;

All the best,
Behnam, 1 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby shahrubanu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:25 pm

That's ok. dear brother.I'm good at guessing but this time I can't guess his/her name:) it doesn't matter .You are always kind to your friends.Behnam you have a golden heart.I wonder how such a golden heart pumps blood into your vessels. Hearts are supposed to be made of meat, but yours is made of gold!
bye for now....miss you :)
shahrubanu

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion