EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Postby olamro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 pm

I think that our dreams mean something, because we usually dream about things that we worry about or what we would like to come true. When we think about something all day, we dream about it. Sometimes people have a prophetic dreams, but they don't always mean something. Also I think that they depend on our humor.
olamro

Postby rokwysocka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Our dreams reflect what happen in our life every day. I think dreams show the deepest emotions and thoughts, which we often hide consciously from ourselves, so they refer to our fears and banned desires, consequently they are connected with our future. It happenes some dream can come true, because we aim subconsciously to do this.
I have rarely remembered my dreams recently. In my mind it is because my subconscious is intoxicated by excess of learning. My last dream was about physics and maths. It was strange. I had to solve the riddle associated with this subjects. The last I remember are the huge tree and gouges in the ground.
I have never had a prophetic dream, but sometimes I have "deja vu" and then I wonder if I dream about it. I don't cross out the thought dreams can help us to predict the future, but I don't believe in it in all. ;-)
rokwysocka

Postby szuder » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:04 pm

In my opinion, dreams mean a lot in our lives. They can predict the future, something nice or not. Books such as sennik suggest to us the importance of dreams, by what we can expect out what will become in the future.
szuder

Postby OlgaHelga » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:17 pm

I believe in it, because sometimes my dreams come true when I wake up or later.I see dreams quite rarely, from time to time I see something like horrors, or it may be happy delightful dreams. While I am sleeping I can achieve my goals in my dream and then it helps me to fulfil what I would like to do in my life. Dream is a significant part of our life. If we don't sleep proper time we will not have capability to work or study or fulfil domestic ussues. Dreams can put us ahead or deprive our strength.
OlgaHelga

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion