EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Everybody is phobic about something

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Everybody is phobic about something

Postby RogelikIID » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:Everybody is phobic about something

What do YOU think?

Wordchecker
phobic (adjective): extremely or irrationally afraid of something

In my point of view it isn't true because we can't say that everybody is phobic about somethink. Of course everyone is afraid of somethink but it is phobia. Phobia can be called fear with one has health consequences.
RogelikIID

Postby emilkatok » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:43 pm

I agree , that everybody is phobic about something. It is cause through some expiriences from childhood. We afraid different things for example spiders, closed spices, frogs or dogs. In my opinion, it is normal. Sometimes we can't explain our bahaviour, but usually phobies are connected with predicament. I also have phobic. I scared of thunderstorm very much . While the storm I to panic. I hide myself under blancet. when is storm I can't be alone. I think, nowadays people have more and more phobic. Our entertaiment is changing. We meet different weather phenomena.It is dangerous for us.
emilkatok

Postby rokwysocka » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:18 pm

In my mind everybody has some phobia but not everybody knows about it. Someone says he is afraid of anything but the true is he hasn't tried everything in his life so in fact he don't know he is. I don't belive that we haven't our weak side. I think each of our brains have deep hide something which we extremely fear.
rokwysocka

Postby Tkiewicz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I strongly believe that everybody has some irrational fears which he/she can't explain. It doesn't depend on us, we just afraid of something and we don't control it. There are a therapies for people who suffer from phobias and I think this confirms that phobias exist
Tkiewicz

Everybody is phobic about something

Postby krozmar » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:38 pm

I believe that not everyone has a phobia. Every man is afraid of something but do not interfere with the functioning of society as in the case of phobias. The vast majority of women squealing when they see a mouse, a spider or snake but it is only plain fear. From my point of view symptoms phobia are sweating, dizziness and a feeling of loss control over their behavior.
krozmar

Postby RogelikIID » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I disagree with this opinion because in point of view everybody are scared of something but scare it isn't the same as phobia If you are phobic you are very scared and you have some health problem like feeling dizzy or feeling nauseous. So I think that not everyone are phobic.
RogelikIID

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion