EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Happy The Longest Night of The Year!

Postby behnam » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 am

Hi,

Tonight is the longest night of the year on the Northern Hemisphere. Iranian people celebrate this night. They sit around and eat dried nuts and fruits. This night is called 'Yalda'. It is a girl name too. In Iran, you can find many women who are named 'Yalda'. Iranian Azerbaijanis call it Chilla Gejasi, which means the beginning of the first 40 days of winter. For further information please either go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yald%C4%81 or ask our expert Mohsen!

به صد یلدا الهی زنده باشی
انار و سیب و انگور خورده باشی
اگر یلدای دیگر من نباشم
تو باشی و تو باشی و تو باشی

Happy YALDA to all Iranian people in all over the world!

All the best,
Behnam, 21st December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Happy Birthday Behnam! :)

Postby behnam » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Behnam,

How are you? I hope you are fine. A little bird said that it is your birthday. This is just to say a warm 'Happy Birthday' to you.

Shab-e-Yalda kimin ballidi adim,
Aziz dustlar olmamisham sagham man.

I am as famous as Yalda night, my dear friends I am still alive!

Best wishes,
Your old friends:
Roya, Marina, Elham, Amal, Mohsen, Veronica, Kamelia, Setayesh, Andrew, Rosa, Maryam, Mitra, Adelaida, Zita, Asal, Nilufar, Nahid, Reyhaneh, Parvin, Roghayyeh, Fatemeh, and others!

Describing a pleasure is half of enjoying it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 21 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

You Are Not the Same as Yesterday You Were

Postby Mohsen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Once a year I get the chance
To wish you birthday cheer.
It pleases me no end to say,
I wish you another great year.
So happy birthday to you ,Behnam,
From the bottom of my heart.
And may your good times multiply,
Till they’re flying off the chart!

B.Wishes
Mohsen and his friends

Barry , Harry , Jerry , Larry , Mary , Perry , Terri
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Elham » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi dear Behnam,

You don't know how much I have missed you, you know nothing about how's going with your old friend, a girl who was used to be called a close and nice friend....

But you should know sth... and you know it for sure....

Happy Birthday,

Wish you all the best in the world,

Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby chandler » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:01 am

I agree that gold is the most valuable things in the world cause of the fact that it is one of the most expensive metal in the world.In Finland i use to do gold for cash or kulta rahaksi and i am really earning lots of money about it specially if i always use to be wise.
chandler

We Are Still Friends!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Elham,

How are you? How is life in Najafabad? I hope everything is going well with you. Here, the weather is dangerously polluted. I suffer from this polluted weather. I feel some pain in my lungs when there are pollutants in the air. I am wearing a filter, but it doesn't help.

Thank you so much for your nice post which was, as always, full of feelings. I'd like to confess that we are still friends. Nothing can kill our pure human feelings to each other. We may make some conclusions or have some expectations in accordance with our assumptions, which are usually different from the facts, but we shouldn't let those things break the tree of unconditional friendship. This tree is holy since it reflects our past. We have to water it and protect it from damages.

Well, the philosophy of friendship may differ from person to person and from time to time, but what matters is the existence of a philosophy in friendship which gives us the excuse to either form a new friendship or keep the old one. I believe, as long as people have got a philosophy, no matter it is an extensive one or a limited one, they should follow it provided that the philosophy brings them some benefits, either spiritual or material. Oh, this subject is delicate. I may make you confused. Let's move on it! {-:

Posting in this thread, using my favourite colour in writing, may make you think that I am the same Behnam, with the same passion and full of enthusiasm, but you are one hundred percent wrong! I am not the same Behnam. White hairs on my cheeks and chin loudly say that Behnam is old. Not only does my body yell that its owner is old, but also my feelings say that leaving time is close to coming. Actually, I am writing to inform my friends that I am still alive. This comes from my loyalty to friendship and friends. Nothing else can keep me here!

We are still friends, either you want it or not!

All the best,
Behnam, 24 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Merry Christmas!

Postby behnam » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:27 am

Hi,

I'd like to say
'Merry Christmas' to all my Christian friends. May Jesus Christ, Prophet of love & peace, bless us all on this day. Wishing Merry Christmas to those celebrating, especially Iranian Christians.

All the best,
Behnam, 25 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Answers!

Postby behnam » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:22 am

Hi,

An old friend of mine has put off messages on my 'Yahoo Messenger' account and has asked two important questions. First of all, I'd like to thank this good friend for reading the posts carefully and paying attention to them closely.

The first question is about my philosophy of friendship. I've written that the philosophy of friendship may change with the times. That's normal. In addition to that, people can develop their philosophies. When a philosophy doesn't work in a particular situation, we have to either change it or change the situation. Determined people first try to change or review the situation. If they cannot change it, they wisely develop their philosophies to make them adapted to the situation.

The kinds of relationship between people can be different. Some people are our relatives. Some others are our colleagues. Some people are our friends. Some of them are special to us. Some are strangers, etc. Among friends, some of them are close friends. Some others are not that close. Like many quantitative parameters, friendship can be quantified by some numbers. For example, we can give number 100 to an ideal friendship, and number 0 to a neutral person in our lives. Definitely, our enemies will fall into minus side of this scale and will get negative numbers.

Ideal friendship isn't an absolute thing. People have different ideas about it. Its definition varies from person to person. Someone, in his/her frame of reference, may give 100 to his/her friendship with somebody, but this person(somebody:) ) may quantify the friendship with another number. Well, people have different frame of references, consequent results of different philosophies.

What is philosophy? The meaning of philosophy is 'the attitude or set of ideas that guides the behaviour of a person or organization'. We can change our ideas or modify them or make them more suitable for the situation we are in. In other words, we can change our frame of reference, our scale of measurement.

The second question was actually a comment on my view about the definition of love which has come in the post written to dear Amal. As I have written, love is only a feeling young people experience it when the nature makes them ready(fool them) to look for their Mr/Mrs right, to get married and start families. This is noun-negotiable. This is not optional. We don't choose this feeling. The nature gives it to us. By the way, knowing this fact should not make us disappointed, because it is something common among us. All I am saying is briefly that 'love is an instinctive feeling'. It is the trick of nature to fool us and cause us to marry and keep the generation going. Nature knows how to fool us. She is (has been)successful.

Another friend of mine has asked the meaning of "..my feeling says leaving time is close to coming...". The meaning is clear, but maybe it has been shocking. Well, when you have white hairs on your cheeks, chin, chest, ..., it means you are old. When you've got a broken heart, and you suffer from a heart operation, you feel that it is time to leave this earthy world. We will all leave this world, sooner or later. This is a fact. We shouldn't fool ourselves. Don't worry! Bad things never die! (بادنجان بم آفت نداره ) :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 26 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi Behnam,
Hope you are fine, it is said that a person is young while he feels love,and you have time as long as you love.
You said that love is an instinctive feeling , I agree, but it is not like feeling thirst or hunger. Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. also love needs its conditions, the sexual desire would be crucial to create the love. Normally love creates between two opposite sex. What makes two opposite sex to be in love , the sexual desire is an instinctive feeling ,so it creates love. My reason is why love always creates between two opposite sexes.

The second point is the environment. For example a man who works with several girls in his work place ,he has working relations with her colleagues ,but there is more possible circumstances for his madness , beautiful gardens with scenic beauty providing an icing on the cake to the strong feeling of love and blossoming romance between a girl and a boy head over heels in love
The third point is the movies , people believe that their real world as what they watch in a movie, the stories which are shown on the celluloid about love to create a misconception intentionally or unintentionally that love is a beautiful experience and an inevitable part of our lives.

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Discussion!

Postby behnam » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:52 am

Mohsen wrote:Normally love creates between two opposite sex. What makes two opposite sex to be in love , the sexual desire is an instinctive feeling ,so it creates love. My reason is why love always creates between two opposite sexes.

Hi Mohsen,

Many thanks for expressing your opinion about the topic. I totally agree with your first paragraph. If we dig deeper to see what creates love, we will immediately realise that two hormones are playing the main role. According to scientists, Testosterone and Oestrogen are responsible for the mail and female qualities respectively. How those substances work? That is mysterious. However, it is a proven fact that if you change the levels of those hormones in someone's body, their male or female qualities will change. For example, if the level of Testosterone goes up in a girl's body, she may have beard and mustache. For the same reason, Testosterone has caused me to get bald. :lol: {-: :lol:

Your second and third paragraph both are different from the first one. In the first paragraph you are explaining love, but in the rest of the post you are mentioning to two nice points which are quite different from the discussed topic. Those points are actually two possible answers to the potential question 'what triggers the love?' or 'What makes the love start?'

Talking about love is not easy, since it is one of the signs of God, as He Has said in the Holy Koran, Rome-22. However, from philosophy point of view, it is quite obvious that necessity creates love. Generally speaking, incompleteness creates needs, and needs create movements towards fulfillment. These are steps towards perfection!

Let me digress for a moment. Physics is really beautiful. Physics helps people think beautifully. If we want to understand the universe, we have to know Physics. If we want to be a good physicist we have to deeply understand cause and effect. Not only do we have to understand it, but also we have to love and respect this main principle of the universe. :lol: {-: :lol:

In order to get more, we have to analyse those two responsible hormones. How do they work? What are those hormones made from? When I was studying at university, I got interested in Physiology of Arthur Guyton. I read some chapters. It was(is) a useful book. However, nobody can answer to this question, "What causes the right opposite sexes(people who have the right amount of those hormones in their bodies) to attract each other?" This is mysterious and miraculous. To make people have an image about it I often say, "Suppose men and women are like empty egg cartons. They have mountains and valleys. The mountains go inside the valleys easily and they become stable. This is what we can see in the world of materials. Now, suppose such mountains and valleys exist in our spirits(in the spiritual world which is not deniable). Although they are invisible, the effect of them is sensible, and that is the attraction we feel and call it love."

Something crossed my mind a few seconds ago. As you may now, in terms of their behaviour in an external magnetic field, materials categorized into three groups. They are either Paramagnetic, or Diamagnetic, or Ferromagnetic. Paramagnetism is a form of magnetism whereby certain materials are attracted by an externally applied magnetic field. In contrast with this behavior, diamagnetic materials are repelled by magnetic fields. Ferromagnetism is the basic mechanism by which certain materials (such as iron) form permanent magnets, or are attracted to magnets. Now, suppose God has created(has put) an external magnetic filed in the universe. Philosophically speaking, we can consider necessity(incompleteness) as an external magnetic field. Now, consider one of the hormones( Testosterone or Oestrogen) to behave like Paramagnetic materials and the other one to behave like Diamagnetic objects. These materials may attract each other when they are exposed to an external field which we have already named them 'incompleteness'! Wonderful, fantastic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 27 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion