EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

where I can find ebook websites

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

where I can find ebook websites

Postby Susy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Hello,i'm a student of English . I've been studing english for five years and I'd like to know if any of you could help me to find a website about abooks in english, becouse I need to read different short stories that i can't find. Thank you very much for your help {-: :-P
Susy

Re: where I can find ebook websites

Postby Vega » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Go to Google and write in the search line Project Gutenberg - free ebooks online download
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby venusian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am

[*]Go to Google and write in the search line Project Gutenberg - free ebooks online download[*]

I'm interested with literature. I'm doing English education thesis now need a reference books. my friend also suggested me to look some in project guttenberg but when I checked on that site. there's no pdf format ebook which I can download. anyone knows where I can download ebooks that has .pdf ?

thanks
venusian

Postby Vega » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:30 pm

venusian wrote:[*]Go to Google and write in the search line Project Gutenberg - free ebooks online download[*]

I'm interested with literature. I'm doing English education thesis now need a reference books. my friend also suggested me to look some in project guttenberg but when I checked on that site. there's no pdf format ebook which I can download. anyone knows where I can download ebooks that has .pdf ?

thanks

Their books are in text format. I know how to convert it into PDF. Copy the text to a new MS Office Word file. Then you will need a programme (-plugin) Primo PDF, it's freeware. It will convert word document to PDF.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby venusian » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:23 am

thanks for the clues.. I have tried to open from text format and copy it into ms Word. it's quite better and easy to print out but unfortunately, no images included. now, I get what books I wanted. I'll keep searching on project guttenberg =)
venusian

Postby mrkenny » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:10 am

I'm a study.I want learn E,too.I think learning English through songs is also very interesting. You check, sometimes it's more interesting stories. :-)
mrkenny

Postby tandvictor » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:36 pm

i know two pages that's very interesting and popular too:
http://www.getfreeebooks.com
http://www.manybooks.net
Happy!!! {-;
tandvictor

Postby Pachilo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:47 pm

check out this website http://www.readfreebook.net
:ok:
Pachilo

Postby perdostos » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:50 am

Free library with lots of books in many genres http://fb2.mbookz.ru
Detectives, love stories, adventures, humor, poetry, science, religion, children literature etc...

This website is in Russian, but there are huge variety of authors from around the world with books written in English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and some other languages. On the top of the main page the are two lines of alphabet: upper line in Cyrillic (Russian authors) and the lower line is in Latin alphabet (Western authors in their languages).

If you looking for particular author, for example, Arthur Clarke, click letter A on the Latin Alphabet and you will get list of writers whose name begins on letter A. Look there such author, click on its name and you will get page containing books of that author http://fb2.mbookz.ru/index.php?authors=Arthur%20Clarke Then choose particular book (click on the red button) and on new page choose desired format (green colored links of different formates).

Books written mainly in English, but there are also in French, German, Spanish and other European languages as well. You can freely read any book online, or download it in fb2, txt, pdf, doc, epub, mobi formates on your computer.

P.S. To navigate there easily, I recommend you to use Google browser to translate this website into your native language. Enjoy your reading!
perdostos

Postby taylorra » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 am

How do mp3 ebooks work? i just bought my kids an mp3 player and it has ebook on it. my son loves to read but i can only find audio ebooks is that the only way we can download the books or can we find books that would come in text format? Please explain in detail how the ebooks work on mp3 players. He is able to watch movies, record video, take pictures, and listen to music-it's an ematic 4gb mp3 player.
taylorra

Return to Books & Authors