EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Confusion!

Postby behnam » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:06 am

Hi friends,

How are you? How is your life? I hope you are all fine and enjoying your life.

How can we enjoy our life? This is a very important question, although it sounds like a philosophical one. If we focus on ourselves to know who we are(to know ourselves well), then we will know what to follow in order to enjoy our lives! How to know ourselves? This is extremely difficult! The majority of us don't know ourselves! We are doing some activities, yes, of course, but those activities are done automatically. We eat, drink, sleep, etc. These activities are all relevant to our nature. A stupid person may eat or drink more than a genus one! In other words, knowledge of ourselves is different from our natural instinctive actions or reactions.

People are different. They have different attitudes towards life. They do different activities to enjoy their lives. This is a fact!

To Mortaza: Thank you very much for your post. I wish you success in both teaching and doing the researches. I agree with you. In many cases in life, we have to follow the limitations. We have to obey some rules, although they may seem ridiculous. We are born with some basic needs that we cannot get rid of them. For example, we have to eat something, no matter we are a God's messenger, or a very famous scientist, or an ordinary person. We have to earn money, because fulfilling those basic needs cannot be performed without money! Nothing is wrong with working! However, some of us are obligated to work and work and work! We are forced to work all days in order to fulfill our needs! This is disgusting! I hate it! We have to be given enough time to do something for relaxation and fulfillment of our spirits' needs! However, unfortunately, we are forced to ignore these important features of our lives!

To Elham: Thank you very much for your friendly message. It touched my heart! Please write more. I love reading your posts.

To Amal:
[amal] wrote:What I had understood from Behnam's post that the boys' families give nothing to the girls or only girls' families should give boys dowry to marry their girls! But now I have understood the matter clearly.. I have get that their are two parts and both should give sth.

What you had understood from my post that boys families give nothing to girls' families, but girls' families give dowries to boys is, fortunately or unfortunately, true! On the other hand, what you have understood from dear Mohsen's post, despite the fact that he had written a wonderful post about dowry, is wrong! :lol: {-: :lol:

I am sure, my dear friend Mohsen will explain 'عندالمطالبة' and 'عند الاستطاعة' to you clearly. I guess you are confused! {-: :lol: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 16 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Amal and Elham

Postby mortaza » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Dear Elham and Amal

How are you my friends? I hope everything is alright. I believe we have already had some conversations to each other. Since I have not written here for a long time, I think it is more convenient if I quickly introduce myself to help you remind of me!!!

My name is Mortaza (of course) and I am teaching math in a university as a full-time professor. I love my job (teaching math) although the students, these days, are not very much interested in hard studying and learning math. I have just marked their final exam, and the majority of them are under 10 (of 20). So I have to, somehow, normalize the scores so that an acceptable portion of the class pass the course!!! Do you know what I mean?!

Anyway, I'm married, I have two children (my son 9, and my daughter 5), and I don't know what else I should say!

I am looking forward to hear form you.

Best regards,
Mortaza
mortaza

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Dear Mortaza,

Long time no see ,I miss you too ,of course priorities are your family and jobs, but no one can say that I have no time to write some sentences.

My idea is that the motivation and environment are the most important factors for practising a job. The motivation is a clear known fact for us ,but the environment have different interpretation. My idea is that a good environment is when our mind doesn't deal with too many thoughts especially useless ones.

Sometimes the unusual behaviours of people who are surrounded us such as parents ,wife, neighbours, colleagues is tormenter and make the environment such intolerable that it effects on us to lose our motivation for having positive activities and development.
Sometime we make our life too busy that our mind have no rest ,for example , I get used to buy shares of some companies , banks and as a shareholder I should check the stock exchange hall website every day to check the prices (http://www.tsetmc.com), it takes my time and also make my mind busy in a way that I can't focus on anything else. I often go to the hall for selling or buy my shares , of course I am not a professional stockholder, but generally I got a good benefits from this job. I don't like this kind of incomes, It is like gambling , and it annoys me because I believe that benefit should be earned by doing a job.But I content myself to compare this job with some people who exchange the currency and get their benefit.

There many things around us which distract us from our main work and cause to stop concentration on our improvement.

About the Israel, The hypothesis that the lands of Palestine was originally Jewish' properties and now they have renewed their acquisition by killing many people and making war on this land for many years is a wrong theory.

Since the countries had been formed thousands years ago and kings of different dynasties dominated their lands, the map of countries each countries changed many times ,sometimes they occupied a land and sometimes lost. For example if we review the Iran history ,even in 500 years ago our country was very larger than now , many areas such as Tajikistan , Afghanistan , Bahrain and …so on were parts of Iran, if we go back to old ancient history like Jewish people , The vast areas in Asia were belong to Iran. Can we claim for any parts of lost lands and start war and occupy them. Surly the answer is negative, because the world has its law and countries have their maps, so any movement which is out of law is called out law. But what we can do when the law is interpreted as a benefit of some powerful countries and the law is only their gun, what they say is "military option is on the table"

B.Regards,
Mohsen
Last edited by Mohsen on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:32 pm

I am sure, my dear friend Mohsen will explain 'عندالمطالبة' and 'عند الاستطاعة' to you clearly. I guess you are confused!

My dear Behnam,
In fact I signed my wedding contract unaware of legal points of view, I should find it and read it again also I should read more about 'عندالمطالبة' and 'عند الاستطاعة'

Dear Amal ,thank you for your post , I give you more detail about your questions a.s.a.p
Behnam called me an experienced man so .. it makes a lot of force of me to write more :lol:

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby mortaza » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Dear Mohsen,

First of all, let me thank you for your beautiful posts. You write fluently and I enjoy reading your writings very much.

It's 9:30 pm, and it's time for my children to go to bed and sleep. Usually, my wife take cares of children' bed time; she makes them brush their teeth and do whatever is needed before sleep. Then, she tells them a story so that they fall in sleep. Sometimes she simply reads from a book, but most of the times she tells them an improvised story! Anyway, it is now a good time for me to seat on the chair behind my desk, and start writing!

We have particular situations in Iran. The economic situation is the most important and effective one, I think. People are often, if not always, busy with thinking and planning about their financial issues. So, they don't have enough time for their hubbies. As a result, the life in Iran is not as enjoyable as it should be. I am one of these people. Forgive me if I cannot regularly come to this thread and write.

Since we have severe economic inflation and depression, especially in recent years, it is probable that your savings shrink to half in one or two years! So it is natural if everyone invests his money in something. Some people, as you said, invest their money in gold, some in currency, and some in real estate!

You said that you buy and sell shares. Well, it is a tricky and difficult job. To be honest, I do not have the gut to walk in the stock market. I think I would lose all my money by making a wrong deal! You said that you generally get benefits from this job. This means, my friend, that you are a professional. If I have enough money, I prefer to buy a real estate. It is also profitable, you know. However, you should know where and when buy one.

Finally, about Israel and Palestine, you are absolutely right. The world in the current century is very different from that in, for example, 200 years ago. The time for getting land and making power by using force and killing people is over now. However, there is something peculiar about Israel and Palestine. Palestine was not attacked by a foreign country. At first, some people (Jewish) immigrated to this land, and after getting organized, they attacked Palestinian from inside!

Let me finish it here. Thank you for reading.

Best regards,
Mortaza
mortaza

Postby [amal] » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi Behnam,

How are you?

Stop being naughty dear! :lol: :lol: I'd understood both posts and I know that those items which Mohsen mentioned were asked just if the person could afford them.. "عند الاستطاعة"
And it isn't sth strict like a law or sth.. Since, you are living in a rent house. {-;

Dear, Marriage's customs are almost the same in our countries.. I was just asking to make this thread active and to share a topic to discuss. {-; :-D

Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi Mortaza,

How are you and how is your family?

Welcome back dear! My friend, there is no need to introduce yourself to us again since we have never forgotten you, in fact, I have never forgotten any person who had written in this thread.. They are all in my heart. This place is a very important place to me, no matter where life takes me, I must come here and check it.. It really relax me and give me an inner peace..

Dear, these days students don't care about studying; internet, games and Face Book take their minds... I think teachers should create new attractive ways to teach them and get their attention, am I right?!

Hope to read more from you.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Moroo and Behnam,

How are you?

Dear Moroo, thanks for your post and your opinion, I am sure that you get what I meant since we are Arab and understand each other. {-; :lol:

What I meant is that Hejab is an obligatory thing from god and as Behnam said there is an Aya about it in Koran. Well, that is right... However, what I was saying is that Hejab is something between the person and god. when people want to do sth or not, they should do it because they are afraid of god not because they are afraid of their government! :roll:

Dear Behnam, took the discus to a new point and said that they threaten the mental health of the society therefore the government put that rule. Well, it's a nice and new way of thinking, it may help the good men a little from bad women's effect but it wont effect on bad man and also Hejab wont prevent bad women from doing their jobs. {-: :lol:

Above that, I can't say that all women who don't wear Hejab are bad! As you said what's important is the inside not the outside! What I care about when I am dealing with them is their manners toward me, I don't care if they wear hejab or not because it's god's job to judge them not me.

Dear Behnam, there are a lot of countries which forced their people to do something like Saudi Arabia..
You can't believe how bad most of their people are when they go out of their country, although Hejab is mandatory there, however, whenever they go out Saudia, they remove it!

Above that, if they keep the Hejab, their eyes are always full of make up, which give them more attractive look!!!!! Isn't that forbidden??!!! Isn't that threaten the society??!!
Some women even leave some tufts of hair without cover!!! Hejab in this way become a costume not a religious matter!

My point is, no matter how much the governments put rules, they can't prevent bad people from doing their jobs. They always can create ways to break the rules.

Thanks for reading.

Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Mortaza,

How can I forget you? You're the one who friendly wrote to me in the first Let's learn together....
oh, first Let's learn together... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry, I got emotional again...hahaha... my ridiculous emotions...

Thanks for mentioning me in your post and saying hello. We are friends in Facebook and I see your nice pictures with your students. You seem to be a very kind and responsible professor... :-D

Yes, sadly such hardworking students like Behnam and you are found seldom these days... We mostly want to pass a course and get a degree... oh, how lazy we are...

You teach math, good for you. Being involved in math is enjoyable, I've missed it. If at my death time some one asks me list the things you really enjoyed in life and are happy having spent time on, certainly one of them would be MATH! Oh how sweet this math is. Although I may not continue my studies, I'm always happy with my decision on choosing math as my major in high school. and then engineering in university. Although I wasn't a successful student in univ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) , I enjoyed spending more time with math , oh this sweet lovely lesson...

Wish you success and hope you enjoy your life fully,
Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby mortaza » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Dear Amal and Elham,

Thank you very much my friends for your warm posts to me. You two are very kind and friendly.

In Iran, going to university is the most desirable option among students who finish their high school. There are lots of universities in Iran, and it does not seem very hard to get accepted in some university. In fact, there are universities that enroll students without any entrance examination. They are, of course, nonprofit organizations and the students should pay fees. At this situation, it is natural if most of these universities suffer from a low quality in education.

Unfortunately, for a typical Iranian family, in which there is a high school student, it is very important that their child does not give up his studies after finishing high school and goes to university. If the student, himself, is determined to do that, it's fine; hopefully, by hard working etc., he will be accepted in a good university, and, since he knows what he wants, he will be successful in his career.

However, in many cases, the student is not interested in studying at all. He just doesn't like to displease his parents. In this case, being a student in a university for some years (taken, perhaps, from the golden period of his life) is nothing but a waist of time and money.

How this unwanted situation could be resolved? Well, in my opinion, first people's attitude should be adjusted. At the same time, the government and other responsible organizations should create opportunities for youths to get employed and work so that they have regular incomes. Instead of sending young people to universities, we should trained them to become skilled workers.

It seems this writing is getting very long. I finish here, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Bets regrades,
Mortaza
mortaza

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion