EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do we have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do we have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas?

Postby krozmar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:37 pm

In my opinion you have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas because it is the memory of the birth of Jesus Christ. However, no one can prohibit a person from a different faith celebrate Christmas. For people who are not Christians is a time of giving gifts and meeting with family.
krozmar

Re: Do we have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas?

Postby olamro » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:36 pm

In my opinion we don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas. I think that, because Christmas is some kind of tradition and people of other religion celebrate this too and they don't look at religion, they want to be with their family and listen christmas songs. It's also about giving presents to each other, making others happy. These days a lot of people live in such hurry, that they don't have much time for their family and friends, very often this Christmas time is the only moment when they have time to meet with people important to them.
olamro

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion