EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: "Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Postby alexandra » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:06 pm

I think marriages between people of the same sex could be permitted. According to me, homosexual humans aren't strange. They have only different sexual orientation. Nevertheless, I don't agree with countries, which decide to permit homosexual people to rights of child adoption.
alexandra

Postby olamro » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:42 pm

In my opinion marriages between people of the same sex should be accepted everywhere. I think it isn't anything bad and it's normal. A lot of people say that people of the same sex can't be together, but if they love each other nobody should prohibit them do what they want. Also I think that nobody should look at othets opinion.
olamro

Postby rollinou » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:25 pm

In my opinion we should authorized marriage between people from the same sex because they are like everyone else, they love someone and just want to share their life with them and celebrate this like normal people. So why is not permitted ? We don't choose who we love.
rollinou

Postby rokwysocka » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:55 pm

In my mind "Marriages" between people of the same sex are not something evil. They are also people and they should have the right to love and live together. Everybody has some deviation from normality. They also have but this devation is more noticeable.You should consider the moment when you tell someone about your deviation. How will you feel in the moment when he will ridicule you or he will not find understanding of you? We should try to understand their situation.
rokwysocka

Postby wojcieszek » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:52 pm

I think so but personally disgusts me.
wojcieszek

Postby Wojteeek » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 am

From my point of view homosexual marriages should be forbidden because homosexual couples dont provide good education for their child. I can't imagine a young boy who was rised up by two gays because he won't have a typical features of real man. This child won't be normal because father don't replace mother and mother don't replace father.
Wojteeek

Postby kassliw » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:15 pm

I am sure, the people who treat civil unions different to marriage will also treat "same sex marriage" differently to "heterosexual marriage" If someone asked me, i would not mind allowing homosexual marriages. But i do not feel like being all "yes! this should be allowed!". So i not say yes, or no. But these all stem from my interpretation.
kassliw

Postby rollinou » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Wojteeek wrote:From my point of view homosexual marriages should be forbidden because homosexual couples dont provide good education for their child. I can't imagine a young boy who was rised up by two gays because he won't have a typical features of real man. This child won't be normal because father don't replace mother and mother don't replace father.

I don't understand these kinds of remarks. Do you have any arguments to prove that parents from the same sex can't provide a good education. The love of parents, of the same sex or not, is more important for the children. It's just because we need to be open minded and not always think about just the generality a mom and a father, but more the well being of the childrens. So for the moment, nothing prove that two parents of the same sex can't provide this.
rollinou

Postby dariakur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:04 am

In my opinion the case of marriages between two people of the same sex is something we have
to accept in the modern world. People do different things to be happy and i think we should just get used to it because it's their own life and their own choice. We can't change their preferences so we should just let them be happy.
dariakur

Postby Tkiewicz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:47 pm

I agree with people who think that marriages between people of the same sex should be permitted. Homosexuality isn't a disease. On the other hand I'm opposed to homosexual adopted children. Maybe I'm conservative, but it's my opinion
Tkiewicz

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion