EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:19 am

Hi Mohsen,

How are you?

Thanks for this topic. In fact maybe I am the most one who need it and need motivation!

These days, I am in no mood to do ANYTHING! I just like to SLEEEEP. :-( :-( I don't know why.. Although there is something inside me which badly wants me to change or break this Habit above that there are a lot of things on my to do list.

Everyday I wake up and say to myself that this day must be special and different. However, at the end of the day, I find myself doing nothing!

Above that, there are a lot of things which I used to do and love but now I stop doing it.. Like chatting with friends and crochet! I am bored of myself, in fact, I am bored of everything in this life.

Emm, to say the truth, emm, I think that I broke the routine a little when I read an Arabic book which called " قواعد العشق الاربعون" which was sth new for me since I'd always preferred reading English books... I'd enjoyed reading this one a lot and enjoyed reading Arabic stories! "I didn't expect that" :lol:

Today too, I did a little bit of change since I went to the kitchen and made "Cheesecake", I am very happy with it since I'd never made sth like that before. Above that, I rarely go to the kitchen to cook or do anything so I found it sth new!

Dear, here in Syria, during the last three years, our life as well as our habits have changed a lot..

For example: our life and food style became different and we had to "acclimate?" with the situation...
In the past also, we used to go by cars or buses to our jobs and schools, however now, the traffic crisis made it too hard since no matter how much the way was short, it would take us hours to get there! :(
So now people started to walk instead of using the transportation. And all places which we used to see it far became to short! {-:
Moreover, the country situation, let us do everything by our hands and handmade things become very popular..
Emm, I find it a good change and we had to do it long time ago. Sometimes the crisis do a great changing with people and has its good effect.

I think we have to change ourselves before someone or something forced us to do it and that would be more effective!

In the end, I always remember this Aya: إن الله لا يغير ما بقوم حتى يغيروا ما بأنفسهم
and hope that we change in the way that god loves according to get his acceptance and change our country situation.

Wish you the best.
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Hi Friends!

Postby behnam » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:46 am

Hi friends,

This is just to let you know that I have missed you terribly. These days, I am very busy with studying, downloading, watching video courses, making myself ready (as a teacher) for the classes, etc. On Tuesdays I am teaching 'Electromagnetism'. On Wednesdays, besides having classes in the mornings, I am teaching 'Advanced Quantum Mechanics' in the afternoons. In this semester, I have got two important courses to study; 'Modern Quantum Optics' and 'Nanophysics'. I love both. These subjects are going to throw me to the edge of science and technology! I am extremely excited.

However, it doesn't mean that I have forgotten the thread and my friends, no never! I never forget nice people and good things! LOL! I visit the thread everyday, but honestly speaking, I cannot concentrate on writing. I hope you will understand me and the situation I am in now! I go to Azerbaijan province and come back every week. I go by train. It takes me about 12 hours to go and 12 hours to come back. Besides tiredness, I have to spend a lot of money. However, love makes things become easy. I love this tiredness!

I am the same Behnam in terms of friendship factorsو sure. You are always in my thoughts.

You cannot imagine how happy I am these days. God gave me the things I used to wish and love! Thank You God! I don't know how to thank God!

Please pray for me and wish me success!

All the best,
Behnam, 11 February, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

I was waiting!

Postby behnam » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi Friends,

I am about to leave home. Today, as you may know, was the 35th anniversary of Islamic Revolution of Iran. It was a national holiday, so I was at home. From the beginning of the day, I was at my computer; downloading some books and reading some chapters of them. At the same time, I was checking Yahoo Messenger and Skype regularly to see if my old nagging friend is online or not! Unfortunately, I couldn't chat with my friend, although I was waiting all day. }:

I have packed, ready to leave. Tomorrow this time, I will have been coming back, since this Thursday, I haven't got any classes. Once in two weeks I am having classes on Thursdays. However, on Wednesdays I have got classes; both teaching and being taught. It means, next week, I will be at university from Tuesday morning until Thursday afternoon. Therefore, next week I will leave home at Monday night!

Wish me good luck.

Dear Amal, don't sleep a lot! Sleeping makes your eyes become puffy! Hahahaha..LOL! I just mentioned to your eyes, you can expand it to other areas! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

All the best,
Behnam, 11 February, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:48 am

Dear Mortaza,

How are you ,I hope you are fine and enjoying your life.

The life is going ahead and no one can foresee his/her future. For a man marriage and job are the most important factors which seriously change his life. Your idea for staying in Damghan and not moving to your hometown is good.In this way you have time to be beside your wife and children. Spiritually they need you to be there.
A friend of mine like you moved to Zanjan , because he couldn't bear weekly travelling from hometown to Zanjan .
There are both good and bad in all situations, all people and all things. But we have to choose one of them which is more beneficial to our life ,which is more suitable for improvement. A man who is responsible for improving of his family ,dedicate his life to his wife and children ,so he has an open look and choose his plan for living according to general growth of his family.

Spiritually I like living in the downtown. I can't stand living in the country ,in a small cities or in the mountain slope , I prefer to be squeezed in the bus door in the centre of city or to be pressed by the people who are around me.

This was happen when I went to celebration of 22th Bahman , ( celebrating of the 35th anniversary of Islamic revolution ).Hundred thousands of people were gathered in the Imam Square, I was close to the pavilion where Mr Zarghami ( The TV and Radio administrator ) delivered his speech then a singer ( Hamed Zamani ) song his famous singing ( Mark Bar Amrica ,it means Down with USA government policy). People who were exciting shook their flogs and song the singing together with the singer and the crowd waved from right to left ,at the same time two gliders men with parachute were diving in the sky, they tried to come down and fly over the crowd and then go up. The People were singing and whistling. I enjoyed being in this ceremony as well as visiting many old friends there.

All the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Elham » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Behnam,

Reading your posts,I feel very happy for you. I'm very happy to see my old nice friend is satisfied and enjoys his time with his love (Physics). Thank god. :-D :-D :-D

Wish you the best, with you success,wish you happiness,

Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby mortaza » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Dear Amal,

I am quoting the following paragraph from your writing to say that I do agree one hundreds per cent with you on that.

In the end, I always remember this Aya: إن الله لا يغير ما بقوم حتى يغيروا ما بأنفسهم
and hope that we change in the way that god loves according to get his acceptance and change our country situation.

Before, we blame foreign enemies and go for a war, we should kill our inside enemy!

By the way, do not forget that
tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life

Bets wishes,

Mortaza
mortaza

Postby [amal] » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi friends,

How are you all? I hope you are enjoying your time with your families..

First of all, I want to thank Behnam and Mortaza for there nice and kind words.

Dear friends, there is a contest on Facebook and I need your help to win, please just go to this link and put like for the photo:

https://www.facebook.com/ChocoSwamp/pho ... =1&theater

*By the way, I didn't make this cake, I just took a photo of it! :-D

Thankss in advance.
Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Amal.

I hope you deal with an impressive change soon , when you read forty rules of love you enjoy it a lot , that is good ,but not enough , you should change your world of fantasy to real world ,taking action and find someone to establish your loving relation in real world :-D :-D , stopping in fantasy is destructive , because love tale fantasy says that life should always work out in an ideal way in every detail like in movies, songs or books. In real life four rules of love doesn't work out, let alone forty rules :-( :-( .

Life is not a dream ,dream make us to be afraid of taking action ,because in world of fantasy everything is perfect and things do not work out that way in real life.

When we ride a bike for the first time, we may fall down , we don't think the failure is something bad ,we see it as something temporary and just keep moving after we fall down. Life is full of mistakes and stumbles, but a bump or an obstacle in the road is not the end of the world. They are simply a part of the life.

I hope to give you a good motivation for making a big change in your life.

I think we have to change ourselves before someone or something forced us to do it and that would be more effective!

The interpretation of this Aya is that God never change the comfort and blessing of a society to misfortune unless they themselves change

Ibn Abbas," he says: whenever God showed favor to the community a favor and they thank them indeed ,he increase his blessing, but when the unappreciative adopted, he would deny them his blessings.

Imam Ali (AS) said
اذا اقبلت عليكم اطراف النّعم فلا تنفروا اقصاها بقلة الشّكر

Good Luck
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby [amal] » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:10 am

Hi Mohsen,

How are you?

Thanks for your post, it's really meaningful BUT you misunderstood! {-: :-D The book wasn't a forty rule about love, well, not that kind of love which you meant!
It is a forty rule to love god and become closer to him. {-; Therefore I loved it!

The book is a quest infused with Sufi mysticism.. In the book there was a story which I loved the most, it was called " Sweet Blasphemy"

While "Mosa سيدنا" was crossing the mountain, he saw a shepherd who was praying so he felt happy and stopped to watch him from a far place. The shepherd's prayer was like: Oh my God lover I love you more than you know, I'll do anything for you , just tell me what you want, I would cook and clean for you... استغفر الله -and more other things which I prefer not to say-
When Mosa herd him he became angry and asked him loudly to stop praying and told him that isn't a prayer, it's blasphemy.

The shepherd felt ashamed and he apologized and Mosa taught him
how to pray. At night Mosa herd a voice, it was god's voice, blamed him about what he did with the shepherd because although he was praying in a wrong way but his heart was pure and had a good faith. God told him that it might his words sounds blasphemy for Mosa but it's a sweet blasphemy for him.

In the next day, Mosa looked for the shepherd after he understood his mistake, he found him praying in the way which he taught it to him but he was fumble without any passion. Mosa apologized from him and asked him to return to his old prayer since it was valuable for god but he refused and even he didn't ever pray in the way that Mosa taught him. However, he created a new way, a way which made him closer to god. :-)

The moral of the story that we shouldn't judge the way in which people communicate with god. Each person will have his own way and prayers. God does not take us for our word, but look to the depths of our hearts, not rites or rituals are what make us believers, but the hearts if they were pure or not.

Sorry if it was a tall post but I loved to share it with you. :-D
Thanks for reading.
Best wishes,

Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

I've missed you!

Postby behnam » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are great, enjoying last weeks of the winter. This is to let you know I've missed you and writing here very much. I have got a lot of things to do these days; making myself ready for the classes as a teacher, completing the assignments, preparing slides for presentations that the professors ask for, studying many books and papers to deeply understand a subject, downloading and watching online courses related to the topics I am involved in, being on traveling on the weekends are just few to mention.

Luckily, my English is good enough to watch online video courses; which are extremely useful, and to refer to the references to study more and get the main ideas. Briefly speaking, I spend almost all my time on studying or doing something about my major. I really love it.

The professors and the people in Bonab are kind and friendly. I am really happy to be studying at Bonab university.

There are many interesting subjects and fantastic phenomena in Photonics. Photonic crystals, Metamaterials, Quantum Optics, Nanophysics, Plasmonic, ...! One thing that may make you amazed: Invisibility and cloaking are going to be real. Invisibility is not a dream or science fiction anymore! Metamaterials are going to revolutionize the world. Oh, something bad about it: the thieves will come to your home; wearing dresses made of Metamaterials, and will steal things but you won't be able to see them! Security and privacy are both threatened by Metamaterials. }: }: }: This is one of its drawbacks! Everything has got two sides; advantages and disadvantages! In other words, nothing can be absolutely useful.

All the best,
Behnam, 21 February, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion