EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Fame. Is it the new religion?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Fame. Is it the new religion?

Postby dariakur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:07 am

I don't really believe in this, for some people fame might be an important part of life, but people do not pray to celebrities, they just like and admire them.
dariakur

Postby Tkiewicz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:41 pm

I strongly believe that is true. Not everybody is smart enough to not follow idols, so they need to do this. If someone doesn't have their own opinion, then he/she will believe their idols. Nowadays there is a lot of people, who don't do anything, but everyone knows them.
Tkiewicz

Postby wojcieszek » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:35 pm

I think that fame is not a religion. Religion is faith in someone or something. Fame is not only popular belief statement so that fame can be a religion is wrong.
wojcieszek

Postby olamro » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 pm

In my opinion fame is like a new religion. I think that, because now people became famous if they wear nice clothes or have a lot of friends. In the past famous person, who was a singer really could sing and nobody looked on his clothes or hairstyle. They were really stars. Now only need to do is record a video, when you do something, it can be even something stupid, but if you are liked, you will be famous.
olamro

Postby Klaudyna » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:04 pm

I think that the fame isn't the new religion because we can talk about reliogion where for exaple a group of people believe in somebody or something who have long since died or does not exist. In my point of view the fame is only a thing by which some peopple can achieve success and earn lots of money. And of course every fame person have their fans, but they love their idols mainly by the fact that they are famous and lot of people talk about them but not for example for their talent.
Klaudyna

Postby krozmar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 pm

From my point of view, fame is not a new religion. Many people want to be like celebrities dressing up and behaving like them. People have their idols but I do not think that this is something more after the worship.
krozmar

Postby Wojteeek » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am

As far i'm concerd fame isnt new religion because belief and being fascinated are two and diffrent things and they have not common features.
Wojteeek

Postby StoKin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:33 pm

In my point of view fame is not a new religion because for most people liking someone for example star is only pastime. For me religion is celebrating God in different ways in different countries.
StoKin

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion