EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do we communicate more with our eyes than with words?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do we communicate more with our eyes than with words?

Postby coolg » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Like what is said above, the way we communicate depends on everyone and every situations. Sometimes, verbal communication is more needed than the eye contact, otherwise, it's the opposite case.

Whaterver the case, eyes are more confident than conversations. They can reflect the truth that lies within us.
coolg

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 am

Well I think most of the people communicate more thru their hands and fingers expressions rather than words or eyes.
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby rokwysocka » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:12 pm

In my opinion it is true. Signs which we send by our gazes are often natural reaction make by our brains, so this kind of communication is truer.We send this signs all time even to unknown people who we accidentally met. In contrast words are rarely used.
rokwysocka

Postby wojcieszek » Thu May 15, 2014 5:36 pm

In my opinion the eyes can be used to communicate. Looking someone in the eye, we can determine whether telling the truth. Another thing is that people often fall in love when you look at each other.
wojcieszek

Postby mcIlob » Sun May 18, 2014 10:40 am

I agree with that we can communicate with our eyes, but from my point of view we don't do this often than communicate with words. I believe we use eyes to communicate as often as words. We can express a lot of things using eyes and words separately and concomitantly too.
mcIlob

Postby lesoli » Tue May 27, 2014 4:47 pm

According to me we can communicate with our eyes. I think that we do it as often as useing words. Sometimes you don't need words to say something for example your friend and she or he will understand you.
lesoli

Postby Klaudyna » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:49 pm

In my opinion people communicate more with their eyes than with words because for example when we talk with someone and we look in his/her eyes we alwasy can see if this person is lying or telling the truth. What is more when we know someone since our birth and we spend with this person a lot of free time sometimes we do not need to talk to know about what this person is thinking at the moment.
Klaudyna

Postby alexandra » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 am

Acording to me, it is true. People communicate more with eyes than words, because eye contact is the most important thing in conversation. When you say something you can lie, but eyes always say the truth. I would rather talking face to face than f.e. chatting.
alexandra

Postby RogelikIID » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:54 am

I think that basis of interpersonal communication are the words but during difficult discussion people often lie. Telling lies is very easy its only few words but we can fast note it when we look in someone eyes. Eyes always say the truth.
RogelikIID

Postby dariakur » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:52 pm

We communicate more than words, when we speaking to each other, but the real question is, which communicate is more important? We always speaking to communicate, it cant be different, but in the most of situation words arent enought. You can see from eyes that somebody want to say something completly different, or you can see feeling this person, it is really important not only words.
dariakur

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion