EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby shahrubanu » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 am

ı m fine :) why don t you speak with your sister then :(
shahrubanu

You are absent not me!

Postby behnam » Thu May 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Shahrbanu,

In fact, you are absent not me. Therefore, I should ask where you are. Why don't you get online as you used to do? When I am at home(on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays) I am online as before. However, when I am at university, I am too busy to even think of the Internet; let alone getting online. :lol:

That's a great honour for me to talk with you. However, you are absent these days. That's OK! I hope you are living happily; as you wish and deserve!

All the best,
Behnam, 1 May, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Happy Mother's Day!

Postby behnam » Sun May 11, 2014 1:24 am

Mother's Day is the perfect opportunity to express deepest sentiments of love and appreciation to all the moms in our lives who have made a difference. The best way to express gratitude to all moms around you is through respect and a bunch of flowers. I wish all the mothers a very

Happy Mother's Day!

All the best,
Behnam, 11 May, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

What a coincidence!

Postby behnam » Tue May 13, 2014 5:48 am

Hi friends,

How are you? How things are going with you? I hope all is going well with you and you are enjoying every moment of your life.

As you may know, in some parts of the world the second Sunday of May is 'Mother's Day'! Today is 13th Ra-jab(in Lunar Calendar). It is Imam Ali's birthday. In Iran, this day is named 'Father's Day'! Oh my God! What a coincidence! Father's Day in Iran, Mother's Day in some countries!

As I mentioned above, in Iran, Imam Ali's birthday is named 'Father's Day' and 'Man's Day', Fatimah's birthday is named 'Mother's day' and 'Woman's Day'! We are proud of having such a meaningful, perfect and inspiring days in our calendar.

Happy 'Father's and Mother's Day' to all fathers and mothers in the world.

All the best,
Behnam, 13 May, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

I've missed you terribly!

Postby behnam » Tue May 27, 2014 5:31 am

Dear friends,

This is just to say 'Happy Eid-Ul-Mabas' to all Muslims.

Mohsen, Elham, Amal, Shahrbanu, Setayesh, Marina, Andrew, ...where are you? I HAVE MISSED YOU!

Next Tuesday, I'm taking and giving exam! :lol: In the morning, I am giving exam to students. In the afternoon, I am sitting for exam! What a day!

I wish you all the best in the world.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 May, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby MrNice » Tue May 27, 2014 7:02 am

Hi, everyone.. I'm Steve from Korea. I'm new here and I'm glad to be part of this club..
let's have fun everyone^^
MrNice

Welcome MrNice!

Postby behnam » Tue May 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi MrNice,

Welcome to this silent garden, like what we see in winters; snow on the ground, no leaves on trees, and we hear crows crying instead of nightingale singing! A few years ago, this garden had no empty places for others; always packed with different people from different parts of the world. What has happened to this beautiful place? I don't know!

The shortage of water? Maybe! The oldness of trees? Maybe! The death of its owner? Maybe! Maybe, all of them together! What a sad story!

I really feel nostalgic about the past.

Welcome! Thank you for knocking the door of this old cottage, on the corner of this ruined garden, and making the old gardener happy. The old poor tired gardener, sickly lying on the wooden bed, reads love stories and has mixed feelings. Will the nightingales come to this garden again? Is there any hope for spring days; the garden full of beautiful flowers, bees are taking sweetness from them while making that high frequent famous noise; wizzzzzzz? I hope so!

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

I am proud of my father!

Postby behnam » Wed May 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope all is going well with you.

Regardless of some nice phrases inside it, I found the message of this story interesting. I hope you like it.

On his first day in office, as President Abraham Lincoln entered to give his inaugural address, one man stood up. He was a rich aristocrat.

He said, "Mr. Lincoln, you should not forget that your father used to make shoes for my family."

And the whole Senate laughed; they thought they had made a fool of Lincoln.
But certain people are made of a totally different mettle.

Lincoln looked at the man directly in the eye and said, "Sir, I know that my father used to make shoes for your family, and there will be many others here, because he made shoes the way nobody else can. He was a creator. His shoes were not just shoes; he poured his whole soul into them.

"I want to ask you, have you any complaint? Because I know how to make shoes myself. If you have any complaint I can make you another pair of shoes. But as far as I know, nobody has ever complained about my father's shoes. He was a genius, a great creator and I am proud of my father."

The whole Senate was struck dumb. They could not understand what kind of man Abraham Lincoln was. He was proud because his father did his job so well that not even a single complaint had ever been heard.

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

The Stone on the Road!

Postby behnam » Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 pm

The Stone on the Road

One day a farmer, walking down the street in a small town came across a large stone in the middle of his path. The farmer complained: "Who could be so careless as to leave such a big stone on the road? Why does someone not remove it?" He went away complaining.

The next day, the same thing happened with a milkman. He too went away grumbling but left the stone as it was.

Then one day, a student came across the stone. Worried that someone may fall over it and hurt himself, he decided to push it aside. He pushed long and hard all by himself and eventually managed to remove the stone from the path. He came back and noticed a piece of paper where the stone was kept.

He picked the paper and opened it. Inside was written, "You are the true wealth of this nation."

There are two kinds of people
Talkers and doers.
Talkers merely talk, while doers do.

The moral of this story is that if you don't want to get involved you have no right to criticize Become the change you wish to see in this world.

Service to society is the rent we pay for the space we occupy on this Earth!

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Leaving!

Postby behnam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi,

Tomorrow, I have to sit for exam. The course is 'Nanophotonics'. I like it. I am ready for the exam.

My students must sit for their final exam too. The course is called 'Basic Physics 2'. It concerns Electricity and magnetism. The questions are ready! :lol:

I am about to leave Tehran.

Wish me good luck please!

All the best,
Behnam, 02 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion